Homeless soon, any bright ideas?

Hey y'all, thank you all for the kind words, it really means a lot.

I've got some good news, looks like some family helped me put together some money to get the car out of impound, a friend of mine got me a place to stay temporarily on her moms property, and I even got some work lined up, starting tomorrow, it's like a remote accounting job.

So, I've come out on the other side, lucky, and blessed again. This time, I'm going to try to practice some gratitude, and actually do the right things. I'm hoping it lasts, but I'm going to do my best to work as hard as I can, to build a home, and a family. We'll see where it goes.

Thanks again everyone for the support.

I've got some good news, looks like some family helped me put together some money to get the car out of impound, a friend of mine got me a place to stay temporarily on her moms property, and I even got some work lined up, starting tomorrow, it's like a remote accounting job.

So, I've come out on the other side, lucky, and blessed again. This time, I'm going to try to practice some gratitude, and actually do the right things. I'm hoping it lasts, but I'm going to do my best to work as hard as I can, to build a home, and a family. We'll see where it goes.

That's great news Def. God bless and be well.....keep us posted also!

So, I've come out on the other side, lucky, and blessed again. This time, I'm going to try to practice some gratitude, and actually do the right things.
I love that feeling of a 2nd chance after certain doom is avoided. I just got a 2nd chance with my own sanity and life myself.

Glad you are secure for now.

Let's both take the opportunity to work some shit :)

whew, so stoked for you, i had terrible dreams of homelessness, again last night, i often have them, that or just plan being lost , so you wriggled into my thoughts deeply, again, keep on keeping on

Welp, job turned out to be a fucking scam, but otherwise the other shit looks to still be working out.

Alright guys, looks like this story has a happy ending. A couple things have turned around and worked out in my favor:

- my friends mom opened up her guest house for my gf and i + our doggos temporarily, and isn't charging us any rent
- i'm getting my car out of impound on saturday
- school starts next week, I'll be getting my loan refund the second week of march, which will provide the funds to either buy a place or rent a new one
- i got a job lined up!!! it's 100% virtual, has salary + weekly bonuses + commission. I'll be starting the training for the state licensing tonight, which should take a week, and then I'll be immediately starting the 3 weeks of formal training. So the paychecks should start coming in soon.
- my grandmother really saved my ass, helped pay for the car + new keys, an uber to get us from the hotel to our new place, and the state licensing training. I am so lucky to have her assistance, and I certainly do not take it for granted. Pretty much my entire family had told me they were no longer really willing to help me, at least as far as giving me a place to stay.
- OH!!! We also adopted a kitten from my sister. She's SO fucking adorable... we just can't have her at the place we're living, so my sister is going to hold onto her until we have a permanent residence lined up.

So, idk how I keep getting so lucky, and yes, I have put in some hard work the past couple days to make everything work out, but I can at least rest easy knowing that my gf and I and our little doggos are safe, fed, (sorta) healthy, and looking towards a bright future.

I flushed all of my drugs the other weekend. Haven't done anything since. Going to stick to a diet strictly consisting of Vyvanse, Suboxone, Seroquel, and alcohol. Nothing more, nothing less. I am optimistic, thanks everyone for reaching out, and for all of the love and good vibes you've sent me. It means the world!

@deficiT FUCK YES man, awesome!

You know, I've noticed in my life that the universe seems to always give me exactly what I need, when I seem most desperate, once I take that first step and allow it to happen. You have to walk towards it, then the universe provides what you need to continue! Maybe that's God, maybe that's luck, but the universe always seems to work out in the end.

I flushed all of my drugs the other weekend. Haven't done anything since. Going to stick to a diet strictly consisting of Vyvanse, Suboxone, Seroquel, and alcohol. Nothing more, nothing less. I am optimistic, thanks everyone for reaching out, and for all of the love and good vibes you've sent me. It means the world!
More power to you man!

Alright guys, looks like this story has a happy ending. A couple things have turned around and worked out in my favor:

- my friends mom opened up her guest house for my gf and i + our doggos temporarily, and isn't charging us any rent
- i'm getting my car out of impound on saturday
- school starts next week, I'll be getting my loan refund the second week of march, which will provide the funds to either buy a place or rent a new one
- i got a job lined up!!! it's 100% virtual, has salary + weekly bonuses + commission. I'll be starting the training for the state licensing tonight, which should take a week, and then I'll be immediately starting the 3 weeks of formal training. So the paychecks should start coming in soon.
- my grandmother really saved my ass, helped pay for the car + new keys, an uber to get us from the hotel to our new place, and the state licensing training. I am so lucky to have her assistance, and I certainly do not take it for granted. Pretty much my entire family had told me they were no longer really willing to help me, at least as far as giving me a place to stay.
- OH!!! We also adopted a kitten from my sister. She's SO fucking adorable... we just can't have her at the place we're living, so my sister is going to hold onto her until we have a permanent residence lined up.

So, idk how I keep getting so lucky, and yes, I have put in some hard work the past couple days to make everything work out, but I can at least rest easy knowing that my gf and I and our little doggos are safe, fed, (sorta) healthy, and looking towards a bright future.

ty for the heads up,so happy, i worried, good on you! no one more i could think of that deserves a damn break and a chance to smooth out some rough spots and a begin anew , with fresh starts

Super stoked to read this! Your story brightened my morning and launched me on a trajectory toward a day of awesomeness. Keep on rockin out with that cock out mang!
Thank you! I'm glad this story could be a positive influence.

So glad to hear how this turned out.
Me too man. Starting a new career and everything. Still broke as fuck for right now, but at least I have a place and a new job. Finishing my state licensing this weekend and then likely starting formal training soon.

Deficit, as you can see, i just registered here, I have years in BL just as a guest, but last 1-2 years, im a darksider, and love to be in this forum section, i really appreciate your posts, just want to let you know, and im happy to read the situation is being fixed.

Blessings for you all ppl

HI deficit,

So happy to hear you landed on your feet. Was wondering what part of VA you are in? I just left Norfolk after 25 years. Lived in VA Beach also.:cool:

HI deficit,

So happy to hear you landed on your feet. Was wondering what part of VA you are in? I just left Norfolk after 25 years. Lived in VA Beach also.:cool:
Spent 20 years in Norfolk. (Navy) now I'm CA. I miss being there sometimes.

Deficit, as you can see, i just registered here, I have years in BL just as a guest, but last 1-2 years, im a darksider, and love to be in this forum section, i really appreciate your posts, just want to let you know, and im happy to read the situation is being fixed.

Blessings for you all ppl
Hey four! So glad to hear you enjoy TDS, and I hope you stick around indefinitely! I appreciate all the support, God bless 🙏

HI deficit,

Ah, I see. Yeah things are coming together I think. I'm in a rural area in Northern Virginia, southwest of Washington DC. I've got family down in VA beach area as well, my sister and her kids.

Yeah, VA is home to me, it's mostly all I know. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be somewhere else entirely. Not a bad area. But nova in particular is impossible to afford rent. I'm likely going to be moving to WV or western MD once I get my money together and get out of here.

Hey four! So glad to hear you enjoy TDS, and I hope you stick around indefinitely! I appreciate all the support, God bless 🙏

Ah, I see. Yeah things are coming together I think. I'm in a rural area in Northern Virginia, southwest of Washington DC. I've got family down in VA beach area as well, my sister and her kids.

Yeah, VA is home to me, it's mostly all I know. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be somewhere else entirely. Not a bad area. But nova in particular is impossible to afford rent. I'm likely going to be moving to WV or western MD once I get my money together and get out of here.
That is my dilemma now that I am back in Upstate NY. I happen to live in a small town that is being revitalized to the point that nobody can a.fford to live in it. The same 52 people are fighting for the only two apartments that ever come available. Norfolk was ridiculous also. But I was fortunate enough to rent a room on the cheap. I am going to be homeless March 2nd. I'm going to fight it in court though. And its my own cousin ousting me. Its so fucked up. I think I have developed ulcers, no fucking lie. I'm even on a fucking section 8 list. That will take about 2 years for my name to maybe come up. System is fucked up. I wish I was in rural VA right now. All I want is a piece of land big enough to build a tiny house or put an airstream on it. I had to leave Norfolk because my significant other
overdosed in a public library in front of me and died. The anniversary is Feb. 7th:cry:. I was falling into a huge depressive K-hole. We had 20 years of history there and every fucking morning I woke up,
I was faced with all these triggers...everywhere. Good luck to you!!! Maybe something good will happen for me before the end of a very short month.

Hey!! I lived in Cali too! Bay Area. LOOOOOOVED it. As soon as I got there...it was like I had met my 'people', all the freaks and weirdos. Loved Haight Ashbury. Loved all of SF. Fucking should have stayed on the West Coast. But...can't play the coulda, shoulda, woulda game.