• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Homeless experiences

All the tacos

Bluelighter
Would anyone like to share there experience being homeless. Tips that helped you get by during different circumstances. What led you to being homeless and what got off the streets.

I myself live in my van. I rarely drink and have been off meth for 3 years.
When i fjrst ended up in this situation, mostly by choice, i fell into a drpression and entertained the idea of just saying fuck it and sticking a needle in my arm. I quickly realized my self destructive patterns and made the proper changes to change my mind set. I quit listening to depressing music, i kept constant contact with a close friend until that mind set started to change. I started buying things to make my stay in my new home more comfortable. I organized my van so it didn't look like a junkie was living in it. Slowly my thinking started to improve and now i feel like im on the right track to a much better experience.

I have experienced homelessness a few time and will add more as I reflect on each.
I can say that getting a job has been the most effective means of getting off the streets each time.
There have been many causes of becoming homeless and need to dig down for honest answers.
Hope all the best for ya, fam. And sounds like you are on yer way to obtaining a more fitting "skin" that provides more comfort.
One <3

Hmm... for the most part, they all, that Ive seen, share the same characterichistsis of rats. Not at first but yknow.... If yous a homeless in welfare state....

This has nothing to do with homeless discussion. If you are homeless in welfare state. Get your priorities checked.

No clue wth is being communicated above.
:shrug:
If the homeless are rats then I am king fuckin critter and will eat cheesy white bread entitled by the dozen and crunch their bones into dust to use as makeup.
This, BTW, has nothing to do with homeless dicussion, either.:middle finger:

Mine began with spiraling out of control use of pain killers i.e. hydrocodone, oxys, tramadol, benzos then alcohol. Got kicked out of my ex's place. Then went to rehab for 3 months which saved my life. I'm a veteran btw. It was a struggle but I finally kicked everything and now only take kratom a few times a day. Which kratom was a Godsend! I have maybe 2 beers a week now. There are times when I should have been dead. But somehow I'm here. The good Man upstairs most likely. I now have a stable place. And it makes one appreciate what they have. I sure do.

Mine began with spiraling out of control use of pain killers i.e. hydrocodone, oxys, tramadol, benzos then alcohol. Got kicked out of my ex's place. Then went to rehab for 3 months which saved my life. I'm a veteran btw. It was a struggle but I finally kicked everything and now only take kratom a few times a day. Which kratom was a Godsend! I have maybe 2 beers a week now. There are times when I should have been dead. But somehow I'm here. The good Man upstairs most likely. I now have a stable place. And it makes one appreciate what they have. I sure do.
Im glad you got out of the downwards spiral. And thank you for your service.

Tonight gonna be my coldest night yet with a low of 18°f went and got a 10°f sleeping bag and some canned heat to take the chill off before i unzip to go to work tomorrow. Going to sleep with a positive mindset and greatfull i at least have a minivan to sleep in.

Tonight gonna be my coldest night yet with a low of 18°f went and got a 10°f sleeping bag and some canned heat to take the chill off before i unzip to go to work tomorrow. Going to sleep with a positive mindset and greatfull i at least have a minivan to sleep in.
Yep! Keep the positive mindset and persevere. Things will start going your way!