• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Histamine reaction vs allergic reaction?

Nickk91

Greenlighter
I took 120mg of codeine last night, got a really nice buzz. Really relaxed and enjoyable feeling. Very pleasant itching under my eyes, on my chicks, inside my nose, and on my throat. As I understand, it's normal and caused by histamine release in the body cells. However, when the high worn off, the euphoria left, but the unusual feeling of itchiness stayed and actually got worse to the point where my nose and inside of my mouth and throat felt irritated like when you get a flu or cold. I went to sleep and when I woke up this sensation was still there. And it was actually quite sore to swallow, I felt scratching and burning inside my throat and it felt irritated inside. It did feel a bit swollen and still does 24hours later, but my breathing is absolutely fine and I didn't gasp for air or anything like that. But I don't know what to think about all these? Is this normal? Just histamine? Or does it sound like a true allergy? I'm kinda scared it might get serious. Should I be scared? It's doesn't feel like an airway is swollen, more like lymph nodes are tighting around my neck. And my breathing is not compromised, but I do feel sore and uncomfortable when swallow my own saliva. Opinions? I haven't got much experience with opioids, is this normal? I must say I used to take codeine in smaller amounts around 60-70mg and this kinda feeling of uncomfort was there too, but after a long break and with a larger dose I feel like it got worse?

Also, if I am allergic to codeine, what's the chances of being allergic to buprenorphine as well?