• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

High Dose Tramadol / Xanax Combo

I have a VERY HIGH opiate tollerence!!;)

and pretty much high tollerence for ANYTHING!! I have taken 150mg of tramadol so far, NOTHING!!! UGH!!! Can i mix the others in as well, like stop the tramadol, and take the oxycontin and use lortab for the breakthrough pain?? I will be WAY better off tomorrow, I hope and pray!! I am about to die!!!!! UGH!!!:!

and pretty much high tollerence for ANYTHING!! I have taken 150mg of tramadol so far, NOTHING!!! UGH!!! Can i mix the others in as well, like stop the tramadol, and take the oxycontin and use lortab for the breakthrough pain?? I will be WAY better off tomorrow, I hope and pray!! I am about to die!!!!! UGH!!!:!

150mg of Tramadol is not a high dose. If you have a high tolerance to opioids you may need 300-400mg like me. Don't go above 400mg. I can't get high from Tramadol but I will get some relief from 400mg

150mg of Tramadol is not a high dose. If you have a high tolerance to opioids you may need 300-400mg like me. Don't go above 400mg. I can't get high from Tramadol but I will get some relief from 400mg

I know that people were saying 400 was the cut off dose, is that per dose or per day?? Also do you know if I can take oxycontin with it, and use the tramadol for break through or should I just use the lortab for break through. I am pretty much out so I am scraping the bottom of the barrel to use whatever I can from days past. Hopefully tomorrow I will get my regular meds filled!!!
Thanks!! ;)

I know that people were saying 400 was the cut off dose, is that per dose or per day?? Also do you know if I can take oxycontin with it, and use the tramadol for break through or should I just use the lortab for break through. I am pretty much out so I am scraping the bottom of the barrel to use whatever I can from days past. Hopefully tomorrow I will get my regular meds filled!!!
Thanks!! ;)

Without an anti convulsant you shouldn't take more than 400 mg of tram a day

Thanks!! ;)

When I take Tramadol it will just be 400mg once a day. Nothing else will work, well that doesn't do much either. Take it with or without the Lortab with the OxyContin, your choice. You'll get more action at the mu receptors.

:\
When I take Tramadol it will just be 400mg once a day. Nothing else will work, well that doesn't do much either. Take it with or without the Lortab with the OxyContin, your choice. You'll get more action at the mu receptors.

what is a mu receptor??? Also, I heard some people at another site that the tramadol will kill the effect of any other drug like lortab, percocet, and others. Is that part true also??
Thanks, and sorry I dont know all the "lingo". %)

I would think that taking Xanax with Tramadol would actually have a side-effect of making it safer sense the xanax should lower your chances of getting a seizure on 'high' doses of Tramadol.. I have never gone over 400mgs in a day (and its usually spread out) I find 250-300mgs is a good dose for a tolerant person that wants a nice tramadol buzz... Then again some people swear they get nothing from it, but from my experience those are the people that are extreme junkies with massive tolerances and go into the tramadol experience expecting a "normal" opiate high... Tramadol is good in its own right and its one of the only painkillers you can take while on suboxone too!

Tramadol is weird painkiller and even though it barely connects to your mu opiate receptors there must be some other effect it has in our brains because tramadol feels totally different then all the other "opiates" out there...

But yeah Tramadol + Xanax will make you feel pretty good, just know your tolerance and DON'T OVER DO IT!

Peace,
Irie-eyed-the-jedi~

Last edited by a moderator:
:\

what is a mu receptor??? Also, I heard some people at another site that the tramadol will kill the effect of any other drug like lortab, percocet, and others. Is that part true also??
Thanks, and sorry I dont know all the "lingo". %)

The mu receptors are a class of opioid receptors recognized by its pharmacological profile. Mu opioid receptors bind, in decreasing order of affinity, endorphins, dynorphins, met-enkephalin, and leu-enkephalin. They have also been shown to be molecular receptors for morphine.

Opiates bind to the mu receptors and increased activity produces the pain killing effects and euphoria.

I also heard that Tramadol decreases the effects of other opioids. I believe its true. Not 100%