• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids High dose opiate binge - withdrawals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolling123

Bluelighter
Hello BL , normally i dose once every month because my tolerance is pretty high , but the last week i went on a slight binge. I have been taking between 100-130MG oxycodone (no apap) everyday for about 5 days and i was wondering if this would be enough to withdrawal from? I've read other threads where people went on binges at way lower doses and had no problems. Though i wasn't sure if i would feel any because of how high my dose is. I want too add that my tolerance has only risen this much due too my use of it the last few years and i do generally only dose 1-2 times a month.

It takes a couple weeks or more to develop a physical tolerance that brings about wd symptoms. A bender may have a rough comedown but not true wd.

Hello BL , normally i dose once every month because my tolerance is pretty high , but the last week i went on a slight binge. I have been taking between 100-130MG oxycodone (no apap) everyday for about 5 days and i was wondering if this would be enough to withdrawal from? I've read other threads where people went on binges at way lower doses and had no problems. Though i wasn't sure if i would feel any because of how high my dose is. I want too add that my tolerance has only risen this much due too my use of it the last few years and i do generally only dose 1-2 times a month.

It's all subjective as you know. Personally, I'm so in sync with my mind/body/soul, one day of opiate use will lead to some sort of withdrawal whether it be superficial or primarily psychological in nature. I'm also like you and have a high tolerance for EVERYTHING... I've taken years off opiates and resisted them and I still need 90mgs of oxy minimum.

I'd say you're in the clear...I've found that withdrawals are shorter when the dosage is high for a short amount of time (your binge) compared to a moderate daily dosage for months, years, decades, etc...

Just to make you feel more optimistic. A few weeks ago, I cold turkeyed a daily Adderall IR pattern of roughly 120mgs per day for almost a year and by day 4, I was baseline... Factors to consider are my general health and lifestyle that are strictly adhered to and allow me to bounce back quicker....I take it so far that I sit in a cryosauna chamber where the temperature gets down to -250 Fahrenheit to reset and stimulate my dopamine and drain my lymphatic system...

You'll be fine...Expect 72-96 hours of rebound anxiety and some aches and pains.

It's all subjective as you know. Personally, I'm so in sync with my mind/body/soul, one day of opiate use will lead to some sort of withdrawal whether it be superficial or primarily psychological in nature. I'm also like you and have a high tolerance for EVERYTHING... I've taken years off opiates and resisted them and I still need 90mgs of oxy minimum.

I'd say you're in the clear...I've found that withdrawals are shorter when the dosage is high for a short amount of time (your binge) compared to a moderate daily dosage for months, years, decades, etc...

Just to make you feel more optimistic. A few weeks ago, I cold turkeyed a daily Adderall IR pattern of roughly 120mgs per day for almost a year and by day 4, I was baseline... Factors to consider are my general health and lifestyle that are strictly adhered to and allow me to bounce back quicker....I take it so far that I sit in a cryosauna chamber where the temperature gets down to -250 Fahrenheit to reset and stimulate my dopamine and drain my lymphatic system...

You'll be fine...Expect 72-96 hours of rebound anxiety and some aches and pains.
I really am glad to hear that. I thought it was odd i could take a month off and still need 90MG oxy. Or how when i quit for a year i still needed 50-60MG hydrocodone to nod when i took my first dose.

I assumed it would be like a big comedown feeling and not so much like an actual withdrawal. I am glad too hear that i won't have any major symptoms. I will have some gabapentin on hand just in case :). Thanks for giving me some peace of mind!

I took 5mg oxys twice a day for a few days and I notice when it wears off I'd have restless legs syndrome at night. Very minor withdrawal symptoms when the oxycodone wears off. Ur on a much higher dose so it will b more intense but not necessarily longer in duration. Whatever wd symptoms u get, will be short lived cuz u only took for few days. I wouldn't worry about it.

Took last dose of h an hr. ago. Is it safe to go to the methadone clinic in the morning or do I have to wait so long like with taking sub?

Safe in the way that you can take it. Not so safe if you don't wanna drop dirty.

I have noticed through inpatient that everyone withdrawals differently. That would make me withdrawal but the next user, it wouldn't.

If I was you, I was sure have all of wd's syndromes for 3 to 6 days (not so bad though, like 5-6 in a 10's scale).if I want to prevent that - using ONLY ONE day at a time, with at least 5 days spaces. And even with that special precaution I'll get some nasty comedown each time.

Last edited:
If I was you, I was sure have all of wd's syndromes for 3 to 6 days (not so bad though, like 5-6 in a 10's scale).if I want to prevent that - using ONLY ONE day at a time, with at least 5 days spaces. And even with that special precaution I'll get some nasty comedown each time.

you feel better now,?

you feel better now,?
Well day one and i don't notice any real side effects besides my head feels a little odd. Right now it isn't a problem , but we will see starting day 2. I Actually was up too 150MG of oxycodone my last dose so i was using high doses for 5-6 whole days.

Status
Not open for further replies.