• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

High dose gabapentin

Would 3000 mg at once provide any type of buzz or sedation

Have you ever taken it before? The first time I tried Lyrica I took 300mg and I felt very stimulated ( not sexually fucking pervs) and then it knocked me out about 3-4 hours later. I then woke up the next morning feeling like I drank about 10 beers and smoked a few hits of weed. I was stumbling and falling all over and I had to drive to work. I took it about 7pm and woke up around 8 pm. I know the dosage is diffrent between Gabapentin and Lyrica but not 100% on the comparisons, maybe someone else can chime in.

Yes, you're going to feel something off of the Gabapentin. 3000mg is a high dose for someone who's only done it once. I would try 2,400mg at the max so you aren't completely disoriented.

The effects include euphoria, loss of coordination, balance trouble, feeling heavy, issues with concentration/focusing, it's like feeling drunk. Objects tend to have trails, like taking a photo of someone who's moving. There's a good chance you might just pass out halfway through your experience and wake up feeling normal again.

Last edited:
Yes, you're going to feel something off of the Gabapentin. 3000mg is a high dose for someone who's only done it once. I would try 2,400mg so you aren't completely disoriented.

To be on the safe side, I'd start a little lower than that. I used to get off on 900 - 1,200 mg all the time and I never had any problems the next morning. I used to be Rx'ed Gabapentin for years and easily could have taken more, but I found that was my "sweet spot" for that med. Give it a try, you can always take more but you can't untake any med I know of. Be Safe, as we like to say here on BL.

To be on the safe side, I'd start a little lower than that. I used to get off on 900 - 1,200 mg all the time and I never had any problems the next morning. I used to be Rx'ed Gabapentin for years and easily could have taken more, but I found that was my "sweet spot" for that med. Give it a try, you can always take more but you can't untake any med I know of. Be Safe, as we like to say here on BL.

^this

gabapentin and lyrica are pretty much the same drug, except gabapentin can be taken in higher doses. if you are just starting on gabapentin i would start low if you have things to do and increase the dosage if you are in for the day/night. you can expect to be sedated on anything higher than 1000mg if you have no tolerance and wake up with slight but manageable disorientation. waking up at 2am to take a piss can be a challenge however so be careful.

OP, 3,000 (3g) of gabapentin is in what I would call the moderate range. Considering you're taken 1,800mg in the past, I doubt you'll have any issues in upping your dose a little bit. I've read a couple of articles about both pregabalin and gabapentin "overdose" and for many there are no negative effects apart from sedation and loss of coordination/vision impairment. Some people, however, including myself experience convulsive-like twitches when taking excessively large amounts of either.

With gabapentin specifically, the effects are heavily mediated by stomach content at the time of consumption, specifically lipid/fat content. Consuming a high fat meal shortly before consumption can make a huge difference. Note that pregabalin lacks this variability and can be taken with or without food. For example, I have taken 4g of gabapentin on a completely empty stomach and experienced literally zero effect. After this experience, I did a little research and came to the above stated conclusion regarding variability of action based upon stomach content.

My simple solution to this problem was to eat something very rich in fat prior to dosing my gabapentin. I used peanut butter for sake of ease. I would eat 2-3 tablespoons about 10 minutes prior to swallowing the pills and wash them down with some milk and I never again had the issue of non-action. I really can't stress enough the importance of this. I've recommended it to both friends and fellow BL'ers and for many it has made all the difference.

To a lesser extent, staggering your dose can be helpful in maximizing the effect of gabapentin. Some people get serious and stagger by dosing every 15-20 minutes half a dozen times, but I've always found splitting my dose in half with a 30 minute interval to be sufficient. Your experience, of course may vary.

Thats super helpful info. I always take gaba on empty stomach with coffee and redbull and barely feel anything. Over the last several hours i took maybe about 3000. Should i eat some almond butter and take an additional gram of gaba?

Thats super helpful info. I always take gaba on empty stomach with coffee and redbull and barely feel anything. Over the last several hours i took maybe about 3000. Should i eat some almond butter and take an additional gram of gaba?

Ideally, I would consume a little bit of the butter in question both before and after dosing. There are some variables that still kind of elude me regarding the process, so I might be overkilling it here, but it's what I do.

Well I have taken gabapentan for years I started taking it in the Pen cause it was the cheapest way to get hi. I could get buzzed on 1600 mg but only did it on weekends. Now I'm out and take anywhere between 6 to 8000mg I get energy from it. It's great to take before a workout. By the end of the day I'm tired and u get the munchies bigtime. As for long term affects it destroys your long and short term memory this is no lie cause it's happening to me. Don't let anyone tell u there is no withdrawal cause its a non narcotic. Believe me there absolutely is it feels like your sweating from the inside out its not like opiates but it's extremely irritating and uncomfortable I don't recommend taking high doses for a lengthy period of time and stopping cold. Gradually come down by 200 mg a day then at the 4000mg point go down 100mg a day till your done. I hope this helps anyone out there feel free to ask me anything about it I'm sure I have the answers. Oh I was in that fed institution for 8 years I didn't abuse them in there cause they cost 2 bucks a pop but as soon as I hit road I got a script 2 400mg pills 4 times daily. I buy 300mg pills off of a friend and have my girl get the same script I do. So I have alot to keep me going for awhile I work better on them I workout better on them life feels better on them. Just the memory thing bothers me. It's really getting bad but life seems so dull without them. I recently read an article about how these and the like such as lyrica are stopping your brain from creating new cells particularly in the parts of the brain where memory is stored and new ones are made i found this artical after i realized my memory was getting so bad and affecting my daily life. I recommend people use them as directed by your doctor and don't stay on them long term friendly advice. I always take them on an empty stomach with coffee it hits u faster and more intensely. With t3s also gives u an incredible buzz. But morphine kinda makes u more tired on them.

Last edited:
I was on 2700 mg of gabapentin and switched over to Lyrica I'm on 900 mg a day for hundred is the recommended dosage 400mg lyrica and is gabapentin on steroids times 50

Sorry to bump an old post, but I found the best recreational results from Gabapentin by staggering. I took approximately 400-800mg every 30 minutes or so after eating a high fat meal and drinking soda. After doing this about 6 times I felt GREAT. Not so much euphoria, but a profound sense of well-being. I felt stimulated, but not jittery and all over the place with other stimulants. It also provided a nice sense of relaxation and sociability.

Besides, the more Gabapentin you take at once decreases the availability substantially, hence why the best method to achieve recreational effects is to stagger your doses.

Trouble with gaba is the tolerance builds super fast. I try to abstain for at least a few days then parachute like 3 grams. I use it mainly as filler if I run out of real pain killers. If I take too much I get the jolts real bad. Sometimes so bad I can't ride my bike. I find if I add a little Tramadol (like 300mgs.), it helps a lot.