• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

High blood pressure

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Has a new year's resolution I've ditched My diazepam/weed/ codeine. I've not taken any of those since new years eve. But have been taking kratom 5g twice a day. Also just drinking a brew of kava. Last year I was having withdrawals from amitriptyline 50mg at night an took my blood pressure I think it was 212 over 112 this I think was due like I say to the amitriptyline withdrawal as after 2 weeks it went down to normal. So I'm guessing this high blood pressure is again due to withdrawal but am not certain but is there anything I can do to lower it as don't want the Dr to know

Benzo withdrawal will definitely raise blood pressure.

I don't really have any tips other than natural remedies like exercise and healthy low sodium diet changes. You could get some meds for blood pressure, but you'd have to talk to a doctor obviously.

212 is stroke range. Anything over 190 is get to the ER right away or get BP meds in ya ASAP.

The 112 is a good number but the 212 could kill you.

Can't remember which is diastolic ( top # or bottom # ) all i know is that the top # is the one that can kill ya and 190 is the range where if it's sustained that high for several hours you can stroke out.

I know this was last year when you were coming off amitryptaline but you are a good candidate for an at home BP cuff and should probably be taking your BP every day. If it went to 212 once it can happen again. Severe headache, dizziness, not making sense when you talk, fainting.............get to the ER immediately.

I'm guessing cuz I've stopped the valium an weed
Valium withdrawal usually doesn't show up for a few days because it has such a long half life.

If you trust yourself, you could taper off. That would get rid of the blood pressure if it's caused by valium withdrawal. If you take a couple Valium and your blood pressure doesn't go down, you'll know it's something else.

Now that said, the most likely culprit is kratom. The top adverse effects of kratom with respect to cardiovascular issues is tachycardia and hypertension. High pulse rate, high blood pressure.

212 is stroke range. Anything over 190 is get to the ER right away or get BP meds in ya ASAP.

Can't remember which is diastolic ( top # or bottom # ) all i know is that the top # is the one that can kill ya and 190 is the range where if it's sustained that high for several hours you can stroke out.

I know this was last year when you were coming off amitryptaline but you are a good candidate for an at home BP cuff and should probably be taking your BP every day. If it went to 212 once it can happen again. Severe headache, dizziness, not making sense when you talk, fainting.............get to the ER immediately.
Sorry but thats not how bp works . You don't stroke out at 190. There are many other factors playing . Your body is well capable of handling a bp of 190. Even whitecoat can bring my systolic at 185 . When i did 24/7 ghb my bp was always around 170 at rest and when in detox i had many high readings but i was completely fine.

Has a new year's resolution I've ditched My diazepam/weed/ codeine. I've not taken any of those since new years eve. But have been taking kratom 5g twice a day. Also just drinking a brew of kava. Last year I was having withdrawals from amitriptyline 50mg at night an took my blood pressure I think it was 212 over 112 this I think was due like I say to the amitriptyline withdrawal as after 2 weeks it went down to normal. So I'm guessing this high blood pressure is again due to withdrawal but am not certain but is there anything I can do to lower it as don't want the Dr to know
You should check your bp a couple of times. Don't panic if its 190 in a withdrawal state .just make sure your diastolic don't go over 120 .my bp systolic can easily become 180 your body is well capable of handling such bp. Temp high bp isn't the same as chronic highbp.

I would worry more about a bp of 160/120 compared to 190/95 . Systolic is so easily manipulated by everything .

Systolic is top, Diastolic is bottom.

And new evidence has showed that diastolic above 100 is actually the driver for stroke, not systolic. Remember when we exercise or lift weights, our systolic blood pressure goes up. When you do resistance weight training, your systolic may consistently exceed 200, with heavy lifters exceeding 250, up to over 300 in healthy normotensive individuals.

Systolic is top, Diastolic is bottom.

And new evidence has showed that diastolic above 100 is actually the driver for stroke, not systolic
It use to be over 90 was a higher diastolic but in the last years the word is anything over 80 is high. (all that means to me is the pharm companies want to distribute more of their meds)

I have a high normal based off of todays numbers. Usually like 130 -135/ 80 -85.

I brought a blood pressure machine (a good arm one) to work one day and we took about everybody's BP. We were amazed that some people had a normal of 190/100 and even higher. It would seems some people are walking strokes but that is not really the case. The body can take a lot. Still I was put on BP meds at a very low dose and I stick with it. My wife is a strange one and the doctors do not know what to do with her. Her BP goes as low as 70/40. (she just had some heart issues too). The only word on getting BP up is eat salty foods.

It use to be over 90 was a higher diastolic but in the last years the word is anything over 80 is high. (all that means to me is the pharm companies want to distribute more of their meds)

I have a high normal based off of todays numbers. Usually like 130 -135/ 80 -85.

I brought a blood pressure machine (a good arm one) to work one day and we took about everybody's BP. We were amazed that some people had a normal of 190/100 and even higher. It would seems some people are walking strokes but that is not really the case. The body can take a lot. Still I was put on BP meds at a very low dose and I stick with it. My wife is a strange one and the doctors do not know what to do with her. Her BP goes as low as 70/40. (she just had some heart issues too). The only word on getting BP up is eat salty foods.
We're talking about danger levels, like stroke danger levels. When your diastolic blood pressure exceeds 100 or 110, you're at significant risk for stroke.

I know this because when I was in alcohol withdrawal and my blood pressure was 187/97 they didn't really care. They just were concerned. I didn't even get any blood pressure medication. Only the Ativan and Librium to keep me from going into full blown withdrawal and delirium tremens. When it was 160/110 they juiced up the benzos until it came down and said that if it didn't come down they were going to give me blood pressure medication.

We're talking about danger levels, like stroke danger levels. When your diastolic blood pressure exceeds 100 or 110, you're at significant risk for stroke.

I know this because when I was in alcohol withdrawal and my blood pressure was 187/97 they didn't really care. They just were concerned. I didn't even get any blood pressure medication. Only the Ativan and Librium to keep me from going into full blown withdrawal and delirium tremens. When it was 160/110 they juiced up the benzos until it came down and said that if it didn't come down they were going to give me blood pressure medication.
Isn't it from above 115?