Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Hi all from south africa

Junior84

Greenlighter
ll, newby from South Africa
Hi everyone, im completely new to bluelight, my name is junior "for real" lol, im from South Africa. Hopefully there is more guys from South Africa here??
More about myself:
Im 31 years old and lost my wife of 8years 10day ago!!! We where together for 14years! We were always together and did everything together, she was my whole life and i only lived to for her!!!!
My whole life is ruined now! The last month of her life i started taking her oxycontin and oxynorm "she had lotss" and now after her death ive been taking about 160mg a day! It helps me cope and just feel better about myself!
I had a breakdown yesterday and just lost it!!!
My family forced me to go to a dokter for help, he gave me AZOR and PAXIL20 for depression and to calm down, as well as sleeping pills to help me, coz ive about 5hours sleep in the past 10days.
I feel like crap! And mis my dear wife so much!!
I have about 12 20mg tabs oxy left, i dont know what im gonna do when they runout!!!
I might kill someone... Lol or myself....
I joint this forum to ask for help or advice, or just to chat to people who knows about drugs and that might help in some sort of way.
I dont know what to expect from the drugs the doc prescribed me?
Please bear with me, as im lost and i dont know what to do...

Oh Junior, I'm so very very sorry. You may find a good home here as we're lovely people. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through. I won't begin to touch upon it as I know it's obviously very sensitive. You are more than welcome here.

There are other places dotted around BL that you may find of help but please, set up home here as we'd love to have you.

Other places are.....

The dark side

Mental Health

and Sex, love and relationships

You'll find much support here but you'll also find it in these sub-forums as well. You'll find as a whole we're a very caring community.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or just simply if you need to chat to someone.

Much love to you.

Hiya Junior. Welcome to EADD.

I am sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. You'll find a lot of support here.

Also inTDS (The Dark Side) there is a bereavement there (just spent ages looking through it, can someone help me out please, by posting link to thread?) OxyContin isn't really prescribed much in the UK unless you're in chronic pain, however there are some people here from other countries who have taken it (and some from the UK who have had access to it) who could talk to you. I am not aware of the ruling in South Africa to best advise on what to do re oxy. Are you able to go for bereavement counselling to get some support?

Sending thoughts to you <3

Evey

Thanx for the support!! I dont know how to talk to anybody now, but will go see a professional soon.
At the moment im just spending some time reading through all the posts.
The oxy was eazy to get for my wife through her oncologist, but now I'm stuffed!!! Dont know how to get a script and dont know how to get it off the streets!!!
So I guess im screwed....

Must i tell my dokter that im taking oxy and need something to get off it? Or should i just say nothing?

Welcome Junior - you may well be our only african contributor! :)

Junior, you'll find much support here but in all honesty you need to speak to your doctor. You're going through bereavement and they should be very understanding of this. They can help you taper or prescribe different things to help you cope. I know you're already on a couple of things but you need to be up front with your doc at this stage. I would also recommend counselling if that's a viable option for you. Either way, we're here to support you in any way you need.

Thanx for the support!! I dont know how to talk to anybody now, but will go see a professional soon.
At the moment im just spending some time reading through all the posts.
The oxy was eazy to get for my wife through her oncologist, but now I'm stuffed!!! Dont know how to get a script and dont know how to get it off the streets!!!
So I guess im screwed....

Must i tell my dokter that im taking oxy and need something to get off it? Or should i just say nothing?

Hey mate. Hope you are holding up as well as can be, I'm sorry to hear about your situation man.

I would advise you to tell your doctor as I imagine the withdrawals from 160mg oxy a day could be quite nasty. I've read good things about the use of ketamine in opiate withdrawal, I'd always thought that was the plan if I got addicted to opiates. Subutex might be a suggestion if it's available to you? I would avoid methadone like the plague personally.

If it's only been a month, the withdrawals should be manageable. I'd recommend trying to taper off with your remaining stash, rather than going into maintenance. The worst will be over by day 4 and you'll be good to go within a week.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

oxy's will raise your tollerance quickly and to be honest imo are not that impressive anyway - so do a taper while you can- if you need help with that ask. You must feel terrible at the moment and there is no magic cure for you - you live in a beautifull part of the world maybe go out and enjoy nature and try and think of all the good times and not dwell too much on what to do - speaking with friends/proffessionals works very well and drugs as a crutch for your situation will not help in the long run - just delay your emotions as they will surface once the drugs stop.I have noo idea what the availability of drugs legally or otherwise is like in S.A tho' my mate who goes often (A Burn) says he picks up most things easiliy but like I said in the long run they wont help. I woud say its v unlikely a doc will script you for oxy's or any opioid as they are for pain you may get a methadone script but I wouldn't as you are not inn a position of having a bad habit.
Talk as much as you can to friends and family about how you are feeling and remember that they will be going through similar emotions as you - gl mate and don't be afraid to ask anything on here even if it seems daft as nobody knows everything.
B
p.s paxil is just another ssri reuptake inhibitors blah blah.....think Prozac, they take about 2 weeks to kick in and can help some people but not all see how you feel after 4-6 weeks of taking them but try not to stay on them too long

Last edited:
Thanx everybody, im going to seek professional help om monday and i will
As honest as possible with him or her!
Ibe only taken 80mg of oxy sofar for the day, and i might still take 20 or 40mg more, then ill be done for the day

Hi Junior, welcome to Bluelight. I hope things pick up for you soon. You will always find plenty of support from the people here if needed.

I feel like crap! And mis my dear wife so much!!
I have about 12 20mg tabs oxy left, i dont know what im gonna do when they runout!!!
I might kill someone... Lol or myself....
I joint this forum to ask for help or advice,

Hi there, Junior. Welcome to Bluelight.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. If you are facing depression and suicidal thoughts, there are threads set up deliberately to help such people. Please check out

The EADD Health, Sickness and Pain Thread

Mental Health Support Thread

Best wishes,

Raasy

Last edited by a moderator:
^ wow you can be supportive. Keep it up!

Junior are you ok? Not heard from you in awhile. Please can you let us know how you are doing. We are here for you n there are member here who have been in your shoes who can empathise. Also if you'd like any help on how to use the site (took me awhile to learn, myself) please don't hesitate in asking us for help. I don't mind helping you n we've lovely, helpful staff too.

((((Junior)))) xxxx

Evey

^ wow you can be supportive. Keep it up!

Junior are you ok? Not heard from you in awhile. Please can you let us know how you are doing. We are here for you n there are member here who have been in your shoes who can empathise. Also if you'd like any help on how to use the site (took me awhile to learn, myself) please don't hesitate in asking us for help. I don't mind helping you n we've lovely, helpful staff too.

((((Junior)))) xxxx

Evey

hey its really good of you to be supportive and helpful, but dont get the guys hopes up too much, yeah? its highly unlikely any of us will be able to get him any opiats all the way down in south afrca.

Last edited:
Eh????

Evey

I just think it's a little mean to imply that it's all going to work out and he'll be able to get some opiates, when nobody here has the power to help him out (I doubt you'll be wiring him some money (x) because he lives in South Africa. I understand being optimistic and postive, but I think that's going a bit far and its best to just be realistic.

I never offered to help him out with opiates just offered to talk to him about his grief.

Evey

If that's how you took it then you very seriously misinterpreted it. Staff would never offer anything other than advice. I don't mean to speak for Evey but that's not her thing. She offers advice and comfort nothing else.

Hello Junior, I'm so sorry to hear of your struggle. Sadie has kindly linked some of our forums that may be beneficial to you, we have a great quantity of information and experience here at Bluelight. We also have a remarkably lovely user-base here so please feel free to message me privately if you'd like.
Glad to hear you've reduced your Oxy usage, but as that was 5 days ago it would be nice to get an update.

Hope you're well.
<3