• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates Hhc cause’s false positives for thc

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I tested it out for myself, I only smoked hhc and cbd for about five days, and drug tested myself, And I tested positive.

Just want to put this information out there, I hope it’s not a violation of the blua, I am posting this in the interest of harm reduction.

I can attach pictures of the product I smoked, and links to coa’s if you guys are interested

Yes, a urine test, and it take some me about five days to test negatives if I drink a bunch of water beforehand the test, I smoke in frequently

I have very little body fat, I exercise, And I have a naturally fast metabolism

what kind of CBD product are you using ? is it isolate based or full spectrum

It is full spectrum, but the thing is, iv bern smoking cbd every day for nine months, and smoking real weed every other week, Andy I always pass the drug test, this time, instead of stopping, I smoked A LOT of hhc, so much to make sure that my pee in it’s normal super diluted form would sill test positive for thc if hhc caused false positives.

It tested positive, and it was a 50/ng per ml test

The hhc was hhc isolate Andy terpenes, no delta 8/10

there are possible changes in the formulation of either the CBD or the HHC product you are using , its difficult to get something exactly as is or to the same spec every single time (unless isolate)
If the HHC is isolate then id have to guess it was the full spectrum CBD that triggered the test it only takes a very small amount of THC
Lastly, something else to bare in mind is that THC sits in our fat cells right? perhaps the accumulation of the Trace THC from the full spectrum CBD product you have been using had finally built up to a detectable, traceable level within your body

I understand my claim is debatable, but I don’t believe that it is false, even considering all this
there are possible changes in the formulation of either the CBD or the HHC product you are using , its difficult to get something exactly as is or to the same spec every single time (unless isolate)
If the HHC is isolate then id have to guess it was the full spectrum CBD that triggered the test it only takes a very small amount of THC
Lastly, something else to bare in mind is that THC sits in our fat cells right? perhaps the accumulation of the Trace THC from the full spectrum CBD product you have been using had finally built up to a detectable, traceable level within your body
I wish it wasn’t true though, it would Be nice if it didn’t show up. Why so much doubt? I know it breaks down into different stuff than THC-COOH, but still, those molecules are pretty similar aren’t they? If ephedrine can make you test positive for amphetamines, why can’t hhc make you test positive for thc?

I have very little body fat, I exercise, And I have a naturally fast metabolism
this isn't any guarantee, and it depends on how much you used and for how long more than bodily variables

when was the last time you used other cannabinoids? It has taken me up to 28+ days to get THC out of my system... and I'm also relatively lean, active and have fast metabolism.

what brand were you using? so many variables here

every single HHC product I've seen was cut with hemp extract or d8 itself... (don't trust what it says on the package bro, they lie, it's not regulated) which would cause a positive (but I've only looked at 3 brands). The only place it says HHC might not test positive on a urinalysis is wikipedia, aka theoretically.

and as @Darksidesam mentioned, most of these alt cannabinoids are actually blends, your HHC may have had other cannabinoids in it as well.

but yeah man, when these carts say "78% THC-O" or whatever... it's completely a lie man, more like 2%

Last edited:
this isn't any guarantee, and it depends on how much you used and for how long more than bodily variables

when was the last time you used other cannabinoids? It has taken me up to 28+ days to get THC out of my system... and I'm also relatively lean, active and have fast metabolism.

what brand were you using? so many variables here

every single HHC product I've seen was cut with hemp extract or d8 itself... (don't trust what it says on the package bro, they lie, it's not regulated) which would cause a positive (but I've only looked at 3 brands). The only place it says HHC might not test positive on a urinalysis is wikipedia, aka theoretically.

and as @Darksidesam mentioned, most of these alt cannabinoids are actually blends, your HHC may have had other cannabinoids in it as well.

but yeah man, when these carts say "78% THC-O" or whatever... it's completely a lie man, more like 2%
Do they lie in the COA?

Certificate of analysis
In my experience, the COA doesn’t lie, it’s third party verified
thing is, it's not regulated industry, nobody is actually certifying their analysis to my knowledge

we're just taking their word for it... that the sample they had tested is the same product going into the carts

ive seen and heard of forged COA , even third party ive also seen this in the CBD industry unfortunately
thing is, it's not regulated industry, nobody is actually certifying their analysis to my knowledge

we're just taking their word for it... that the sample they had tested is the same product going into the carts
Well, I feel naive now lol, thanks for telling me, I’m glad I know.

Bluelight is literally the only place I know of where people are actually smart enough to correct me about subject so relating to drugs, that’s why I love it here.

That’s sucks though, I thought they were honest for the most part on those COA’s

I guess that pretty much invalidates my whole thread lol

Last edited:
Yes, a urine test, and it take some me about five days to test negatives if I drink a bunch of water beforehand the test, I smoke in frequently
It doesn't completely leave your metabolism. It is just masked because of dilute. It will still be in the metabolism even after flushing and potency will be back the next day or several hours after resting.
So it will still be in the metabolism even though it is being masked.

It doesn't completely leave your metabolism. It is just masked because of dilute. It will still be in the metabolism even after flushing and potency will be back the next day or several hours after resting.
So it will still be in the metabolism even though it is being masked.
Ya I know, I was trying to say if hhc didn’t show up though, it wouldn’t have tested as positive because I had done everything I normally do other than smoke that

But since COA’s apparently lie, I guess I’m wrong, maybe, I’m definitely not right, maybe?

Ya I know, I was trying to say if hhc didn’t show up though, it wouldn’t have tested as positive because I had done everything I normally do other than smoke that

But since COA’s apparently lie, I guess I’m wrong, maybe, I’m definitely not right, maybe?
I don't know either. But its new to me ! ♡

The most pure HHC products on the market today consist of two drugs: (r)-HHC and (s)-HHC. One of them is non psychoactive one and the other is psychoactive. I don't remember which is which because I never ended up buying the product.

A COA would at least show you the amount of each (r) and (s) in your product.