• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hey new here and I need some help please!

Swim_says

Greenlighter
Hey what?s up guys! I?m glad to finally have joined this amazing place as a member. So anyways here is my dilemma. I?ve been sick a few times this year and needless to say I have received various cough medicines throughout my visits. I currently have one 120ml bottle of hydromet (hydrocodone 5mg/ homatropine 1.25mg) per 5ml. I also have a 120ml bottle of promethazine dm syrup. Now I know the hydromet can be good on its own as I have had it before but I was wondering if I could combine these two strips to get even better relief and somewhat of a good nod going. If this has already been answered I am truly sorry but I couldn?t find any info at all. Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions. Also on a side note I have a pretty weak opiate tolerance 20mg of hydro orally gets me to a good place

Welcome to bluelight!

The only thing the promethazine syrup is going to add is extra sedation and relief from the itching. If you don't like nodding off and you don't get intense itching from the hydrocodone then i'd recommend you just stick with the hydrocodone syrup.

Thanks for the reply and the welcome brotha! Well I don’t get itching at all really with anything except maybe codeine but I rarely ever touch that stuff. Well the reason I was asking is because normally when I take hydros orally I will potentiate the sedation with about 50mgs of dyphenhydramine to get a pretty decent nod going. With the hydromet syrup though I didn’t want to take the chance of combining the homatropine in it with another antihistamine like Benadryl. So I was just gonna see if anyone had equal results using the promethazine dm syrup with something like hydromet to get a good nod going.

You can mix hydrocodone with prometazine without problems actually is common to use sedative antihistamines to potentiate opiates being the highest example purple drank which is a mix of codeine and prometazine. Prometazine as you have been told add stronger sedation and itching relieve

The Hydro/ Homa should do nicely with just a dab of the Prometh/ Dextromethorphan Hbr for potentiation, but don't go over a 2:1 mix as the acetylcholine inhibition will dry you out like the desert. The DM Hbr can also give the Hydro a little kick so start slow. Hope you feel better soon and Welcome to BL :)

Thank you Jekyl for the advice and the welcome man. That was kind of what I thought but just wanted some clarification I knew the promethazine would add very well to the sedation but I couldn’t remember exactly what the dxm did as far as potentiation goes but now I remember reading about it lowering tolerance to an extent or making ones normal dose more potent so to speak. I will definitely keep the ratios in check and dose accordingly. Thanks again for all the welcomes and help guys! Glad to be a part of this community