Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Hey guys I made a short film about a heroin addict and would love your feedback on it.

any good?

• ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters

ctk03

Greenlighter
Here's the premise: A heroin addict vlogs his road to recovery as a means of coping with sobriety, however the camera soon becomes the silent witness to his relapse.

Here's the link:

I'd love your guys' feedback on it, if its constructive, great. If you hate it, great.

Cinema student dropout (alcoholism was bringing whisky bottles in the bag) but forever cinema lover daily viewer.

On the plot: i picked up right away mom was dead. It's fine but a cliche by now in the self shot industry. I liked the "show don't tell" when used.
I never went through withdrawal but i did see what i think you probably did, the documentary based on the self shot tapes of Ben(you'll get it after, link in the end), you could have made something much much more hardcore Having a reason for it, not like being R rated will lose you audiences. And blood\gore is not needed to creat e.g. Requiem for a dream the nº1 won't see again movie afaik.
Thought: The magic of self shot IMO is the not certainty of it being real. I remember being in 8th grade and a friend saying The Blair Witch PRoject was. The Ben tapes, knowing it's real just scars you, but could not be. You should have pushed it.
Ending: I like how it just doesn't end actually, analogue how a junkie's life never does, it's a loop of what you showed, getting money by any means, get smack, repeat. However most people won't get it i believe and feel left incomplete.

3/5. I rate it assuming it was done on a really low budget, friends for actors maybe yourself the protagonist, or not getting a young decent kid to do something that will show off his acting skills is pretty easy.
That is my question. What budget? FRiends or hired, Rented home or owned? Camera used?

Hope you like my reply comment on it all you like. Keep it up!

(everyone on this forum should watch this)

Hey man thanks for watching and giving your feedback, I really appreciate it!

Yes, I was definitely inspired from the Ben tapes. I thought it, especially using the found footage, was a great experiment to try out and put into a more cohesive narrative.

I had thought about doing it for awhile but I didn't really have a camera besides an old iphone.

I actually won a small Cannon t3i rebel from a friend in a betting pool we had. So I wrote up a script and went out and shot it over the course of two-ish days.

To be honest, I wish I had taken more time with it. I arbitrarily chose a festival I wanted to have it submitted to in tome and while it put a fire underneath my ass to get it done, I didn't really marinate with it as much as I would've like to.

That being said, there was no budget, except the $20 for the ferris wheel tickets and the $3 pack of needles. I shot it all myself, no crew, used all natural lighting, and edited it together too.

In hindsight, having just now rewatched the Ben Tapes after your comment, I think you're right, it could've gone a little darker, grittier.

Again, man thanks for watching! I really appreciate it.