• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin withdrawal - Redosing 72 hours into withdrawal

Moonlitskies09

Greenlighter
I've recently finished an experiment moving from daily use directly back into hard clipping. I don't intend to continue my usage any longer any time soon now that I'm not experiencing withdrawal after dosing.

I've seen people repeatedly ask if it were safe to use during their withdrawals and I wanted to add my experience here to help answer for them. Throughout this process I redosed during or after peak withdrawal at about the 72 hour mark:

Days -7 to 0, 1x a day
Days 1 to 28, 1x every 72 hours*
*Approximately

I was using I.V. 2-3x per day for a few months. Withdrawal would typically set in around the 8 hour mark after a dose. I would describe it as a mild withdrawal, I had all symptoms I can think of. I wanted to try something new so I began an unorthodox taper, pushing down. To $20 dollars once a day (strength observably equivalent in high and duration to 2x30mg morphine sulfate er IVd, that'd be some ok heroin in my area). Now this is where the fun part begins.

After a week of dosing once a day and sweats/ running nose through nights I went down to approximately $20 once every 72 hours over the course of 3 weeks. The first wave of withdrawal was rough. RLS came at first psychosomatically and then like a weed Wacker i jerked and churned and read wikipedia on my phone, sweating and going through the typical symptoms. Around the 62 hour mark withdrawals got vaguely lighter and after a mess up I wasn't able to dose until almost 96 hours into withdrawal, where I admittedly still felt very shitty.

Day 4 My withdrawals subsided after dosing for about 8 hours and over the next 72 hours were appreciably lighter, maybe about 80 percent as intense and peaking around the same time , 48-62 hours in. They were intense enough for me to be overpowering and keep me in bed most of the day although I did do some cleaning around the house and went for a walk 36 hours in. This was the last time I'd be tied to a bathroom, bowels were already correcting themselves.

My next dosing was on day 7 and wave of withdrawals were tolerable. I'd say I experienced maybe 40 percent of the withdrawal intensity of days 1-4. I had cold sweats on night two and insomnia, tolerable rls. For me it felt like a walk in the park compared to the hell I would experience weeks before. I walked around and listened to music, ENJOYED music!! Mind you that this was during the peak of withdrawal which appeared to be between hours 36 and 48. By 72 hours I was (pardon me) gassy and tired, but I was pretty ok. The cravings I was used to were tolerable especially since I was indeed still using.

Now, at about day 10, I redosed and the second day I slipped. The withdrawals had barely kicked in but I wanted to be perky and comfy when seeing my daughter. This second dose at the 24 hour mark was enough to set me back to the same 40 percent withdrawals described days 8-11, tolerable and my morale was up. I was determined to push this to the limit.

Day 13 I redosed and this time my withdrawals were laughably mild. Nose was a little moist. Maybe a sneeze or two. Gas. Insomnia although I was getting 4-6 hours of sleep at night. My peaks were still at approximately 36 hours in but we're the only uncomfortable part of the experience and more mild than a common cold, rls not withstanding. The kicking was there but conscious effort could block it. Uniquely I woke up with pretty bad gas build up. Bowel movements were normal. I think I might of eaten something harsh, I'd still forget to eat at times but I had no problems with food induced nausea or any sort of vomiting.

At 72 hours it was day 16, I was feeling almost normal, and it was time to redose!! I was starting to lose the cravings altogether, heroin was really not as pleasurable to me as it is described by others, more of a hobby and a social crutch. Days 19- 22 had the most mild withdrawal symptoms I've experienced sincerely my first time binging too hard. That time I didn't even know if I was experiencing symptoms, so mild they were that I couldn't tell. I knew now but I barely wanted to call them withdrawals. Maybe 15 percent of what I experienced day one. Maybe. Symptoms peaked between hours 24-36. By 72 hours I was almost exactly normal, just a bit tired from the assault my poor body had went through. It really deserves a saner, kinder owner. I should mention that depression was non existent at this point, anxiety was basically nonexistent.

My next dosing came at day 19. Withdrawals were Childs play, only during hours 18-24 did I experience a moist nose or discomfort. They had basically subsided at the 36 hour mark. that astounded me. I'd never seen such a short acute withdrawal. I thought it was less flexible. I can't answer why this happened. Hours 48-72 I didn't even have the insomnia but I but that has to do with being exhausted from the workout my body had. There was minor eye dilation and rapid heartbeat. No rls.

Day 22 I redosed and experienced virtually no withdrawals and day 26 I used $60 (remember, my tolerance was making a beeline to almost nothing), nodded for 12 hours and still had no withdrawals (likely luck, I was pushing it to see what would happen). My physical dependency is gone, it's now been a week since I've used. I really wanted be able to give this report to bluelight and I'm proud of myself for sticking to 72 hour periods and some pretty crazy experiences.

It took a little over 3 weeks of following 4-8 hours of use every 72 hours to return to normal. It's entirely possible for my body. I'll give any information I can and organize my records as well as possible to make my experience useful to those coming off drugs, I took notes thought the entire process.

In conclusion, it was possible to come out of the dependency cycle following a regular dose once approximately every 72 hours. Withdrawal decreased in intensity about 20-30 percent per dose. A redose on day 3 sets me back more in intensity, duration (or time till peak withdrawal subsided) shortened noticeably more than intensity.

I would not recommend my experience to anyone. I doubt it was completely safe. By the second wave of withdrawals I deeply considered not redosing since I was passed peak withdrawal but I really wanted to see this through. I'd slept very little that month.

For reference:
I'm 135 lbs, 24 yr old, Male. Healthy besides tooth decay as far as I know. Minor pain from surgeries as a child. Very fast metabolism. My typical withdrawal period lasts 5-6 days depending on dosage, peaking at 62 hours.

I don't believe this belongs in trip reports , possibly in other drugs, first time poster. I apologize sincerely if Ive made a mistake. If I have made a mistake, please feel free to post here or send me a pm.

Many thanks, please post any suggestions on how to tidy this up and whatever extra information to add, and I hope it gives some insight into redosing at peak withdrawals. Stay safe!

People really don't have to worry that much about making mistakes. New people, we really do try to be friendly and when we call them out, it's just because we want them to learn the rules so they can become a true part of the community. We do, however, get pissed off at folks who have been here for some time, yet choose to not become acquainted with or to follow the rules. For instance, if you create a thread regarding "The Various Tastes of Benzodiazepines I have tried" (I mean literally the taste, like with your tongue), then you might draw some rebuke ;).

With that said, I'm not exactly sure how to play this one out. It could be a couple of different things. I'm going to leave it here for right now. It could be a fairly useful resource and I appreciate the time you took recording your experience for us. If any other Mods have suggestions, I'm down, but for now we shall leave it!

So you know OP, you have a blog feature as part of your BL membership. If you'd like to record your experiences for posterity and for the future reference of other BL'ers, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

What you were a chipper that did a week binge? At this time. I mean you said you were a user but not daily? Then decided to dose every thee days and stop? There is much needed information needed to understand this skatterd blog. Where you am IV user, how much did you use,, how often, and how long? Were you addicted or just a chipper who binged for a week?

Sorry for the late reply, judging from time stamps it might be OK to add information to the blog, I don't know if it would count as necroing.

I was a chipper, ended up doing a binge that lasted at least a week, my memory of the using portion of this event is faint. I remember that I had used more heavily in general at the time. I specifically mention I was a clipper incase the information was useful to Low tolerance users but junk information for more heavily addicted users.

I decided to dose one time every 72 hours, yes. There was no intebtional taper during this 1 dose/ 72 hours period. The dosage is uknowable, whatever twenty dollars from my particular source bought me. In my experiences in West Palm Beach, it was relatively potent, and we were a part of the new wave of fentanyl laced opiates at the time so drug purity is questionable.

I had gone through a period of approximately one year during a bad marriage that I used almost daily, this was in 2014 - 2015. After my separation usage returned to about once a week to every two weeks

I concluded that reverting back into a one dose every 72 hours use pattern reduced tolerance (or simply the withdrawal, i never researched the connection thoroughly) to negligible, non observable levels after 3 weeks or approximately 7 cycles of 72 hours.

This also meant that, during a withdrawal, were I to dose at 72 hours, wd symptoms would not reset to 100 percent intensity. I remember I liked the number 80 percent, and thought each cycle result in a reduction of about 20 percent intensity of withdrawal.

Haven't really thought as much about heroin since, and have been close to abstenant, or I'd report that too.