• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin tolerance increasing faster than average

Strictlysniffing

Greenlighter
Hello fellow drug enthusiasts,
I have been using heroin for about 4 months now. I started off doing one to two bags of quality stuff. My tolerance increased normally after that. I have never used intravenously. I normally sniff and occasionally smoke. The past week and a half has been terrible. It came out of no where 2 weeks ago I would get a nice nod going off of 3-4 bags in a sitting and I woulf go through about 7 a day but this past week it's been taking me almost a bundle (14 bags) at a time to get High. The high isn't even the same it's no where near as strong just a little euphoria and a weak nod I usually just end up going to sleep. I still feel it but I haven't been doing it as long as some people and I feel like i should still be getting high. I was wondering if it's time to turn to the needle because it's not the dope I'm getting because I've tried 7-8 different stamps and am getting the same result. And my friends that tried it with me were nodding uncontrollably with a decent tolerance. Also I have had restless leg syndrome through out this whole 2 week period it hasn't gone away at all no matter how much dope I consume. I usually start to withdrawl about 15 hours after my last dose but the rls never stops. The only thing I can think of would be is that I was taking 2 mg of xanax a day for a few days 2 weeks ago and then when I stopped this all started. That's not enough to have withdrawls from that so I'm stuck and confused. Someone please help

Were you using any other opiates before the heroin? Even if you had a large tolerance break (I'm talking months), in my experience, your tolerance returns full force in 2 weeks or even less of using daily.

Yes I was using oxycodone recreationally 60-90 mg once or twice a week. I don't think that has anything to do with it because I was getting high off heroin for months and it randomly stopped it didn't even slowly stop. It boggles my mind.

dude if you started at 90 mg of oxy. You are hitting the euphoria end. After a while you run out of dopamine essentially. You can put as much H into your body as you want the only thing that is going to happen now is it will make you sleep (cause respiratory depression), and this has led many to OD because they think just because they feel no euphoria it is not enough. You are using up all your neuro-chemicals before the can refill. Then asking them to produce more. So basically you can stop using now and let your brain recharge, or you can keep trying to get high and waste money and risk death chasing the high.

dude if you started at 90 mg of oxy. You are hitting the euphoria end. After a while you run out of dopamine essentially. You can put as much H into your body as you want the only thing that is going to happen now is it will make you sleep (cause respiratory depression), and this has led many to OD because they think just because they feel no euphoria it is not enough. You are using up all your neuro-chemicals before the can refill. Then asking them to produce more. So basically you can stop using now and let your brain recharge, or you can keep trying to get high and waste money and risk death chasing the high.

This dude knows what's up. And please, do not turn to the needle. It will be the biggest regret of your life...