• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin taper to Suboxone?

Linabina

Greenlighter
Hello, I have been on a 3-4 year run and need to stop, like yesterday. This is again starting to be to much and im slowly losing myself again. At this point I have come so far that I cannot bear to lose it all AGAIN. I must stop but have tried and tried. I dont know what to do.

The stuff I have been using have super legs. It lasts FOREVER!!! I get more hours in every time I attempt however always endup using. I think the longest ive gone is 22 hours and sick but not SICK. I am terrified to go into precipitated!!!?? I need to be able to work in the process as I have tons if bills stacking up like no other. Im thinking maybe I need to slowly wean myself then start the subs? Between two of us we share at the very least a half gram a day which isnt bad at all. Im thinking maybe we should start doing a .2 morning shot and leave it at that. If we can get this done im hoping the switch to subs will be easier.

Any thoughts or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Hi Linabia-
I was snorting 100 to 200 mg oxy/day plus 1 mg Xanax. I was using every day for 18 months. My habit cost me $6000/month and I could see the next leg down from where I was. I went to a Dr. and got a suboxone script. I did my last 60 mg bump of oxy at 5pm on the night of April 30 and woke up 12 hours later sick, put a 2 mg suboxone film under my tongue and then added another 2 mg every half hour or so until I felt ok. My total was 16 mg of suboxone that day. I am now on 12 mg of suboxone per day. I see my doctor every few weeks. The adjustment has been very easy for me. The doctor cost me $500 for the initial visit and then $250 per visit after that. (My insurance will reimburse me for some of that.) The suboxone was covered by insurance. I also stopped the Xanax but I was on a very low dose. I was never able to quit cold turkey. recommend Suboxone. It does seem to work.

Yes your best bet would be to taper and get as low a dose as possible of heroin in you. That way you have a less chance of precipitated withdrawal.
The best advice I can give you to not go into precip. is to judge your withdrawal by the symptoms you are experiencing, NOT by time since last use. If you know there is fentanyl in the dope you are using this is even more critical. (I've been through precip. 3 times and was hospitalized twice for it. Definitely something you don't want to experience. If your using fentanyl your going to want to wait at least 48 hours since last use in my experience, especially if its Fent. and youve been using for 3 years.. Fentanyl is very strong and stays in your body for a long time for some reason.

The dope around here is mostly fentanyl (Philadelphia). Im going to give you a link to the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale so you can judge your withdrawal symptoms. Wait til you score a 12 or greater on the scale and it has been at least 48 hours since last use with fentanyl.

Try the Burmese method on micro dosing suboxone. I went from methadone to subs pain free

I’m sorry but anyone who suggests tapering with heroin, even if it is extremely long acting, is wrong.

If you had the willpower to control your use, you wouldn’t be in this position.

I don’t know specifically what the “Burmese method” is, but that sounds like the correct approach. I’ve switched between h and sub more times than I can count. Unfortunately, I’ve also thrown myself into precipitated withdrawal quite a few times.

If you keep your initial sub doses well below 1 mg, and increase slowly (while decreasing the heroin slowly), you should be able to make the switch without any problems. By day 5 you should be able to be getting 2 mg sub into you, and at that point, you can go up to a 16 mg induction dose without precipitated withdrawal.

Be warned, this type of switching is especially bad for your tolerance, and subsequent switches become increasingly difficult. By the end of my use of sub, it would take me 2 weeks to get onto it and even then it wasn’t pain-free. Still beat precipitated withdrawal though...

Go at least 48 hours without, then take 2-4mg to start and work your way up. This will avoid precipitated wd's

You must get a day off? Try and go until you are sick from H, but make yourself more comfortable with benzos/weed/whatever.

Or I have heard of the Bernese method working, but the waiting until you're sick and taking small doses of sub would be my way to go. Like 0.5-1mg at first depending on your habit and how sick you can let yourself get.
Hope you can do it! I did!

Try the Burmese method on micro dosing suboxone. I went from methadone to subs pain free
What dose of methadone were you on when you switched?
And to make the transition easier, switch fe this gear with super legs to something shorter acting like DHC or codeine, or other heroin that wears off and leaves you sick quicker.
24hrs was plenty for me and they started me on 4mg (in UK, was smoking)

Hi Linabia-
I was snorting 100 to 200 mg oxy/day plus 1 mg Xanax. I was using every day for 18 months. My habit cost me $6000/month and I could see the next leg down from where I was. I went to a Dr. and got a suboxone script. I did my last 60 mg bump of oxy at 5pm on the night of April 30 and woke up 12 hours later sick, put a 2 mg suboxone film under my tongue and then added another 2 mg every half hour or so until I felt ok. My total was 16 mg of suboxone that day. I am now on 12 mg of suboxone per day. I see my doctor every few weeks. The adjustment has been very easy for me. The doctor cost me $500 for the initial visit and then $250 per visit after that. (My insurance will reimburse me for some of that.) The suboxone was covered by insurance. I also stopped the Xanax but I was on a very low dose. I was never able to quit cold turkey. recommend Suboxone. It does seem to work.
Jesus dude, how did you afford that? Thats like $72,000 a year.

I used a Kratom taper when I got off heroin. Worked PERFECTLY. Took it 3 times a day and then tapered the dose of kratom over a week so and hardly had any WDs at all.

What dose of methadone were you on when you switched?
And to make the transition easier, switch fe this gear with super legs to something shorter acting like DHC or codeine, or other heroin that wears off and leaves you sick quicker.
24hrs was plenty for me and they started me on 4mg (in UK, was smoking)

I weaned down to 27mg of methadone before starting .5 of suboxone. By day 7 i was off methadone and only at 3mg of suboxone then tapered from there. It was basically pain free and i know someone who went from 120mg methadone and he only said he has mild symptoms for a couple days, no pwd though

Jesus dude, how did you afford that? Thats like $72,000 a year.
I had lucked into a gig where I was making a good paycheck, almost all of which went to drugs. It was a complete waste and now I feel like an idiot. I have to remind myself of this every day so I'm not tempted to use again. Fortunately, if I use the subs, I can't use. Or I won't feel anything if I do.

Hi OP. What's happened then? Ha e you switched yet?

I see you were going to just do a .2 shot in the morning. I would think 4mg sub would be plenty for this.

It's always best to be on the lowest dose you can get away with, especially with subs!

I think I'm lucky as there is no fentanyl mixed in with our H I can smoke 3 days straight and then wait roughly 16-24 he's before taking a 2mg sub's and no precip WD and then I feel about 80% normal again. So I guess with that said it all depends if they are mixing fentanyl with the H which luckily they not doing my side. So I just normally wait 16-24 hrs before taking Sub's and I get through that time with some sub's just to sleep most of the day a way even if it is an uncomfortable sleep

So when using the bernese method, is the idea to still be on a low dose of heroin/methadone/fentanyl while starting to take very small doses of suboxone (.02 mg)? While at the same time while slowly increasing the suboxone while simultaneously lowering the use of the heroin/methadone/fentanyl?