• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

heroin suddenly not working but no withdrawal

dyingpictures

Greenlighter
I have been on opiates for 3 years....starting with pills and eventually moving to heroin.
the past couple weeks, i havent been able to achieve a high from intravenous use. I also noticed a change in the addiction....taking a last dose around 9-10pm, i would be awake at 7, 8am with the shits and horrible stomach pain, lasting until I took a shot
recently, I haven't felt a high from taking it and have been unusually tired BUT I haven't been waking up with stomach pain. I've been sleeping until 12, 1pm but I've had no withdrawal. I take a shot when I wake up, more put of habit than necessity.
how is this possible? after a year on a $100-200/day habit, suddenly I don't 'need' to use every few hours? how is this even possible? could my dealer have been weaning the dose down in order to make more money ? (e.g. I take a large shot and don't feel anything, no rush, no taste in my mouth), so I take another and another?
how is this even possible? without ever feeling withdrawals?

Your latest gear might be mixed with some sort of pharmaceutical drug? You didn't mention the area where you live but maybe someone has gotten something similar. For now, I will move this to BDD.

I have the same sort of thing but with smoking, i think its just a case of tolerance making fools of us all mate
but i could be wrong, i usually have to wait a good 24 hours to start before the wd's kick in
but i no longer feel anything from smoking my morning dose, and i get my gear from several different dealers
i smoke about .2 at a time and i smoke several times a day - its really boring now
kinda weird tho i knew this day was coming but its not what i expected, plus i refuse to move on to pining it

so whats the problem, Quit while your ahead OP you dont want to end up like the others trust me

I'm in the exact same boat been IV 3 years blk tar and now I save my last slam for night to sleep and I wait till the last last second cause if I don't fall asleep during my high I'm fucked and if I don't have more it's hard to fall asleep I smoke weed k pins Xanax everything if I miss that wave .... It sucks and even if I fall asleep I wake up at 6-7-8 am latest already fiending it sucks and also I can tell the batch sometimes is worse so I understand why I feel less :/

If you wait as long as you can before slamming that's the best way to feel it even a few hours into withdrawal rather than already being slightly well is worth way more high wise