• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Heroin Strength Question /// Crosspost

FineRusti

Greenlighter
Hi all,
Apologies if I'm breaking rules by posting this here. I got no responses from BDD.
Please let me know if there is somewhere more appropriate that I should post this, or if I should provide more information. Thanks!

Here is my original post link
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/788342-Heroin-Strength-Question

And Text:

Hi all.

I tried Heroin for the first time today. I bought it from a UK DNM vendor and it arrived by post (hope that doesn't count as vendor chat?).

I previously have been taking very high doses of codeine/dihydrocodeine, up to 1.5g codeine equivalent per day. Some people say that only 400-600mg is the maximum that our bodies can take per day and still feel an effect, but i can guarantee that I feel something off of the third 0.5g that I ingest in a day. So either I'm special, or the 600mg max per day is bullshit (I'm leaning toward the latter).
My thoughts are that maybe 600mg in one go is the maximum that can have some conversion into morphine, but there are still many other active metabolites for codeine that continue to have effects? Anyway, that is not what I'm here to discuss.

I had heroin for the first time today. I insufflated 0.5g of a brown powder over the space of 4 hours. I felt a bit drowsy, but no high or euphoria like i still get from codeine.
Is the lack of euphoria or any decent high to be expected after the large amounts of codeine I've been having?
Is heroin not really as strong as I'd expected it to be? I started with just 0.05g (measured on a scale) and expected to feel good, but got nothing. I thought 0.5g would blow me away, but I just felt drowsy. I had built heroin up in my mind as the king of all opiates and thought I'd be in a state of bliss the first time I tried it.
Is it more likely that the H i got was shit?

Another data point to add, last week I bought 3x50mg Tapentadol slow release. I crushed them all up and had all 3 at once. I felt pretty good, as good as I normally would from say 800mg codeine or 500mg dihydrocodeine in one go.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
Thanks

Codeine acts as a prodrug and its effectiveness depends on individual pharmacogenomics. The activity of CYP2D6 (the enzyme that converts codeine to morphine) varies from person to person, meaning that the maximum effective dose also varies. The max effective dose of codeine is usually though to be 200-300 mg (on average), but that is for a single dose rather than for a 24 h period. It is certainly possible that some people respond to 200-300 mg every 6 hours (i.e., 800-1200 mg/day). Unfortunately, dosing at that level can produce intolerable side-effects.

Most likely the heroin was shit. Codeine converts to morphine and on average the conversion rate is 10%, so even if we assume maximum possible conversion (ignoring the fact that 1.5 g is above the ceiling dose), then it's still only about 150 mg of morphine. Heroin on the other hand is converted into 6-MAM and morphine, the former being more potent than morphine, and the conversion rates are quite high. So 500 mg heroin, if it was pure stuff, would probably be equivalent to 500 mg morphine, and you might have noticed the difference.