• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin smoking vs injecting

Jaykay222

Greenlighter
How much difference is there between the 2? I know it's obviously quicker in the system but is the effect similar or way more intense? iv smoked heroin a few times just on a pipe not foil I was kind of expecting more it does give me a slight cotton wool effect and seems to eradicate my anxiety... So is it major difference?

i know snorting coke and smoking it is way different I much prefer to smoke my white now the first one of the day is always the best...

Well, that's not suitable for the dark side, but anyway.
I was expecting more from heroin too, and that's why I shooted it after many times smoking it. My conclusion is that the high is the same, but you need less amount if you hit.
But you can have the same feeling with iving just by smoking more.
I returned to smoking after I tried IVing and that's what I would suggest to you.

Only difference as far as the psychoactive effects go is that there's a rush involved in shooting. IMO

Cheers mate tried IV it's better I IV'd mainly because iv had really bad chest and sore throat. What is the best place for me to be asking questions about heroin and crack ext? I'm using both and like to do as much research as possible on anything I'm taking

Cheers mate tried IV it's better I IV'd mainly because iv had really bad chest and sore throat. What is the best place for me to be asking questions about heroin and crack ext? I'm using both and like to do as much research as possible on anything I'm taking

probably best to address questions about heroin and crack to Other Drugs.

for what it's worth, I started IV'ing b/c my sinuses were fucked up from snorting dope. I found IV'ing to be more intense, but, for my tastes, not a whole ton "better" than insufflating... a fuck ton more addictive though.

Simco,

i here that its dangerous shit that's well established I'm not gonna make a habit of it iv always been curious now iv tried I'm far from impressed I enjoy Valium much more tbh, one of my friends she's bad on the smack it's not nice to see she seems to gouch out I don't know what it's called were your from but she will fade in and out when she hits up.. Probably because she takes so much at once. Pretty disappointed but I know that I now have to hope I don't get the flu like symptoms over next few days but if I do ima ride it out because I'm fully aware that's when the addiction starts.. It made me feel a bit sick and not much else sligh blanket feeling but nah not for me man

Only difference as far as the psychoactive effects go is that there's a rush involved in shooting. IMO
This. Which is the reason I always shot when I was using, but it's the most dangerous ROA, too. Sure you get a great rush, but you also might die if you miscalculate the dose, or get dope cut with fentanyl.

IV dope, of course is way stronger than smoking it IME and opinion! But not to be fucked with, it will fuck you right back up!!! and then some!!! possibly kill you, with all this fucking fent dope being passed around these days! Its starting to piss me off, even though I don't do heroin at all anymore, I still have friends who do use it, and to see people dying in my town, on average, once a day, is FUCKED UP, all because it is being laced with fentanyl, or analogues of fentanyl! Heroin, has always been a rather dangerous drug, in the wrong hands, but I always felt as if I knew my limitations with it, at least before this whole fentanyl bullshit started showing up, and never tried to exceed those limits, but being as random as it is, purity/quality wise, it was much harder to do that with, than with the pharm opiates/opioids which I began abusing at first, and later once they became less prevalent and much more costly, I moved to on to heroin, like lots of other people, almost strictly, and hardly ever did pharms at all...

Its easier said than done OP, to just shoot dope once, and say, you will never do it again or you don't want to! I said that shit, more than once! and I did it again many, many times! and then only did most drugs IV, if they could be done IV, and worked well that way, I slammed them... and that was all I wanted to do.. Even buprenorphine(subutex) I will only IV anymore, never take it as prescribed, sublingual, or even bother with sniffing or plugging it(which is awesome!), all I want to do is shoot it, to aid my needle addiction, and to get the bupe at a ~100% BA, immediately into my system...

I smoked heroin many times, as well as OCs and oxy IRs, which I loved to do.. but I always chased them all on foil, with a tube.. if your smoking H out of a pipe, I would hope it is a pipe where you can vaporize the dope, and your not adding direct heat to the dope, as it does NOT work right that way.. for example, if you put heroin in a bowl of weed, and smoke it, that is not the right way to smoke H, and therefore, you will not get as high, as you would chasing it off of foil, and then think it doesn't work well.. So when you said, you smoked H, but out of a pipe, I don't know what you meant... it has to be vaporized! And the cheapest/easiest way to vaporize anything, although its not good for you, is to chase the dragon on foil...IME..

I'd highly advise against shooting, I personally smoke and snort. I've debated shooting many times just like you. Everytime I talk to my friends who shoot they say the same things, shooting just like smoking and snorting has its pros and cons but if they could turn back the hands of time they would never have stuck a needle in their arm. If you smoke, try snorting, I find its more effective and you get more out of it.

IV dope, of course is way stronger than smoking it IME and opinion! But not to be fucked with, it will fuck you right back up!!! and then some!!! possibly kill you, with all this fucking fent dope being passed around these days! Its starting to piss me off, even though I don't do heroin at all anymore, I still have friends who do use it, and to see people dying in my town, on average, once a day, is FUCKED UP, all because it is being laced with fentanyl, or analogues of fentanyl! Heroin, has always been a rather dangerous drug, in the wrong hands, but I always felt as if I knew my limitations with it, at least before this whole fentanyl bullshit started showing up, and never tried to exceed those limits, but being as random as it is, purity/quality wise, it was much harder to do that with, than with the pharm opiates/opioids which I began abusing at first, and later once they became less prevalent and much more costly, I moved to on to heroin, like lots of other people, almost strictly, and hardly ever did pharms at all...

Its easier said than done OP, to just shoot dope once, and say, you will never do it again or you don't want to! I said that shit, more than once! and I did it again many, many times! and then only did most drugs IV, if they could be done IV, and worked well that way, I slammed them... and that was all I wanted to do.. Even buprenorphine(subutex) I will only IV anymore, never take it as prescribed, sublingual, or even bother with sniffing or plugging it(which is awesome!), all I want to do is shoot it, to aid my needle addiction, and to get the bupe at a ~100% BA, immediately into my system...

I smoked heroin many times, as well as OCs and oxy IRs, which I loved to do.. but I always chased them all on foil, with a tube.. if your smoking H out of a pipe, I would hope it is a pipe where you can vaporize the dope, and your not adding direct heat to the dope, as it does NOT work right that way.. for example, if you put heroin in a bowl of weed, and smoke it, that is not the right way to smoke H, and therefore, you will not get as high, as you would chasing it off of foil, and then think it doesn't work well.. So when you said, you smoked H, but out of a pipe, I don't know what you meant... it has to be vaporized! And the cheapest/easiest way to vaporize anything, although its not good for you, is to chase the dragon on foil...IME..

Thanks for taking the time brother..

yeah basically i was "smoking" it on my pipe I use to smoke crack but yeah I was pretty must wasting the h, I got a mild high but didn't like the taste and also I got bad cold and my sinus and throat were all fucked up so yeah I IV'd some iv been around it a lot and it wasn't hard to mainline the first time I didn't use hardly any h and I had no citric acid to boil it up so it was a fail.. Second time tho I done it correct and it was a lovely high I enjoy the itching lol. I would watch what friends are using dose wise and il half that for instance a standard bad here in the uk is 0.1 grams il half that then split that into 2 seperate pins. I like to use enough to just feel it my friends will hit a whole bag in one shot and nod off more often then not, I like to be in control when high I have been using everyday and it's helped my anxiety and also my job which I hated has become much easier to do now I'm high.

this thing you are saying about fentanyl is scary it seems to be a huge problem in USA iv not heard of it here in the uk if someone sold me that shit I would go back and beat the shit out of them.

all in all I think from my frequent steroid use my fear of needles is non existent so I only tried to smoke a few times but it's time consuming not practical and yeah not a fan of the taste I like smoking my white but not the h. I haven't tried a snowball yet but I will try it over the next week. good to hear your not using by the way hope all is good.

Thanks for taking the time brother..

yeah basically i was "smoking" it on my pipe I use to smoke crack but yeah I was pretty must wasting the h, I got a mild high but didn't like the taste and also I got bad cold and my sinus and throat were all fucked up so yeah I IV'd some iv been around it a lot and it wasn't hard to mainline the first time I didn't use hardly any h and I had no citric acid to boil it up so it was a fail.. Second time tho I done it correct and it was a lovely high I enjoy the itching lol. I would watch what friends are using dose wise and il half that for instance a standard bad here in the uk is 0.1 grams il half that then split that into 2 seperate pins. I like to use enough to just feel it my friends will hit a whole bag in one shot and nod off more often then not, I like to be in control when high I have been using everyday and it's helped my anxiety and also my job which I hated has become much easier to do now I'm high.

this thing you are saying about fentanyl is scary it seems to be a huge problem in USA iv not heard of it here in the uk if someone sold me that shit I would go back and beat the shit out of them.

all in all I think from my frequent steroid use my fear of needles is non existent so I only tried to smoke a few times but it's time consuming not practical and yeah not a fan of the taste I like smoking my white but not the h. I haven't tried a snowball yet but I will try it over the next week. good to hear your not using by the way hope all is good.

Yeah.. It could make its way to UK, the fent dope, which it seems to be 80-95% fent and then a little 5-20% H, then whatever else its cut with... It is fucked. I stopped doing H, and all full agonist opioids, luckily, right around the time this shit started really showing up.. Now its a fucking epidemic where I live, in the US! its some scary shit! and yeah, if you haven't smoked the H off of foil, you haven't had the true H smoking high! I am assuming you have base heroin where you live? As you said you have to use citric to break it down, and that your in the UK.. I know there is a lot of base(freebase) heroin there, basically made to be smoked.. Though you can shoot it, as you said with some sort of citric acid, like you would use to break down crack to shoot.. I have never seen/tried base heroin before, its not very common in the US.. In my are, we have anything from black tar, to tan-beige-off white powder.. I would usually slam it.. but if I was in a jam, and didn't have time, I would either sniff the powder(not sure if this can be done easily with base dope, I wouldn't think so though, it would be like trying to sniff crack..)dope, which still got me rocked! I mean, I liked all 3 ROAs a lot, smoking tar was straight too! If I didn't have any rigs, I would sometimes smoke the tar, off a piece of foil, running it up and down the foil, leaving behind a thick black trail which could also be smoked.. did this with OCs a lot too, and oxy IR 30s.. All of them, are fun to smoke, and give an awesome high, if done right!! if you cant hold it in well, though.. its a waste, and nothing will happen really, you have to hold in huge hits, and try not to lose any smoke/vapor chasing with a lighter under the dope on foil, and a tube to inhale the smoke/vapor.. it is tricky for some people, and they just assume it sucks done that way, even when they did it totally wrong, and hit it like you would a cigarette, lightly inhaling and exhaling almost immediate.. its like when smoking crack, you have to hold that shit in!

I used to be fucking terrified of needles as a child! then I was basically told one night by my friend who was an IV addict of all opiates, if I slammed it he would give me some oxy for free! It was pretty fucked up thinking back, that someone bribed me, with my DOC at the time, to give me 3 30mg oxy IRs if I shot them! So I did.. and I liked it, a lot! It was the only time, doing oxy, that when I slammed oxy I actually got super faded! it nowadays, doesn't do a whole lot IV, but give me a fast onset, not much of a real rush, like it did that first 90mg oxy shot I did.. So, after that, I lost my fear of needles.. and still continued to sniff and smoke my oxy and dope... Then about 5 months after that first shot, I came up on some free dilaudid, which I had never done at that point.. so I heard it had to be shot, to really be worth doing, and I got a new rig, and shot an 8mg dilaudid... WOW! That's when shit hit the fan with my IV addiction!!! After that, I never really looked back, and just gradually began shooting everything... stuff I had always sniffed, taken oral, plugged, or smoked... IF it was an opiate/opioid, and able to be shot easily.. I would bang it.. and when I ran out of rigs every so often, and they were to foul to be re-used again, since I had a hard time getting them back then, I would sniff/smoke my shit.. depending on what it was.. opana and dillys, I would sniff as its the next best thing, to injecting, and the ER opanas, cannot be easily prepped to shoot, which I normally only found, not to often did opana IRs show up.. mostly the ERs which, are useless for anything but sniffing.. The IRs get you sooo nice... better than any dope I have ever done, opana(oxymorphone IRs) are the best opiate ever to me.. when ived.

Just be careful man, and try smoking the H off of foil! You may be pleasantly surprised at how good it feels.. hold it in in huge hits, as big as you can take, hold the foil tilted diagonal and let it slide down the foil, with low heat of a lighter underneath the dope, and inhale through a pen tube or straw of some sort, without missing any smoke!!! I cant see smoking it out of a crack pipe, working well at all, as it needs to be smoked, or vaped without seeing direct heat from a flame!!! it will ruin it if not vaporized correctly.. And thanks, btw... it was hard to get myself to stop doing dope/pharm opioids, and go to subs, and now I am hooked on subutex, slamming it! cant stop, it too feels pretty great, subtle, yet nice and opiate like feeling at the same time, just lacking in the rush area, and the high isn't as punchy, but I like it nonetheless.. Stay safe!

Yeah.. It could make its way to UK, the fent dope, which it seems to be 80-95% fent and then a little 5-20% H, then whatever else its cut with... It is fucked. I stopped doing H, and all full agonist opioids, luckily, right around the time this shit started really showing up.. Now its a fucking epidemic where I live, in the US! its some scary shit! and yeah, if you haven't smoked the H off of foil, you haven't had the true H smoking high! I am assuming you have base heroin where you live? As you said you have to use citric to break it down, and that your in the UK.. I know there is a lot of base(freebase) heroin there, basically made to be smoked.. Though you can shoot it, as you said with some sort of citric acid, like you would use to break down crack to shoot.. I have never seen/tried base heroin before, its not very common in the US.. In my are, we have anything from black tar, to tan-beige-off white powder.. I would usually slam it.. but if I was in a jam, and didn't have time, I would either sniff the powder(not sure if this can be done easily with base dope, I wouldn't think so though, it would be like trying to sniff crack..)dope, which still got me rocked! I mean, I liked all 3 ROAs a lot, smoking tar was straight too! If I didn't have any rigs, I would sometimes smoke the tar, off a piece of foil, running it up and down the foil, leaving behind a thick black trail which could also be smoked.. did this with OCs a lot too, and oxy IR 30s.. All of them, are fun to smoke, and give an awesome high, if done right!! if you cant hold it in well, though.. its a waste, and nothing will happen really, you have to hold in huge hits, and try not to lose any smoke/vapor chasing with a lighter under the dope on foil, and a tube to inhale the smoke/vapor.. it is tricky for some people, and they just assume it sucks done that way, even when they did it totally wrong, and hit it like you would a cigarette, lightly inhaling and exhaling almost immediate.. its like when smoking crack, you have to hold that shit in!

I used to be fucking terrified of needles as a child! then I was basically told one night by my friend who was an IV addict of all opiates, if I slammed it he would give me some oxy for free! It was pretty fucked up thinking back, that someone bribed me, with my DOC at the time, to give me 3 30mg oxy IRs if I shot them! So I did.. and I liked it, a lot! It was the only time, doing oxy, that when I slammed oxy I actually got super faded! it nowadays, doesn't do a whole lot IV, but give me a fast onset, not much of a real rush, like it did that first 90mg oxy shot I did.. So, after that, I lost my fear of needles.. and still continued to sniff and smoke my oxy and dope... Then about 5 months after that first shot, I came up on some free dilaudid, which I had never done at that point.. so I heard it had to be shot, to really be worth doing, and I got a new rig, and shot an 8mg dilaudid... WOW! That's when shit hit the fan with my IV addiction!!! After that, I never really looked back, and just gradually began shooting everything... stuff I had always sniffed, taken oral, plugged, or smoked... IF it was an opiate/opioid, and able to be shot easily.. I would bang it.. and when I ran out of rigs every so often, and they were to foul to be re-used again, since I had a hard time getting them back then, I would sniff/smoke my shit.. depending on what it was.. opana and dillys, I would sniff as its the next best thing, to injecting, and the ER opanas, cannot be easily prepped to shoot, which I normally only found, not to often did opana IRs show up.. mostly the ERs which, are useless for anything but sniffing.. The IRs get you sooo nice... better than any dope I have ever done, opana(oxymorphone IRs) are the best opiate ever to me.. when ived.

Just be careful man, and try smoking the H off of foil! You may be pleasantly surprised at how good it feels.. hold it in in huge hits, as big as you can take, hold the foil tilted diagonal and let it slide down the foil, with low heat of a lighter underneath the dope, and inhale through a pen tube or straw of some sort, without missing any smoke!!! I cant see smoking it out of a crack pipe, working well at all, as it needs to be smoked, or vaped without seeing direct heat from a flame!!! it will ruin it if not vaporized correctly.. And thanks, btw... it was hard to get myself to stop doing dope/pharm opioids, and go to subs, and now I am hooked on subutex, slamming it! cant stop, it too feels pretty great, subtle, yet nice and opiate like feeling at the same time, just lacking in the rush area, and the high isn't as punchy, but I like it nonetheless.. Stay safe!

Your a seasoned vet at this ain't you haha well it's good to talk with someone with the experience I will probably pick your brains a bit if I have question bro but yeah I'm sure il try smoking it proper of foil at some point I like experiementing! The stuff here is h from Pakistan sure it is but I'm no expert I'm a newbie to this shit it's light brown coloured powder and yeah I pretty much wasted it when I tried it of the pipe I toasted the shit it tasted nasty.

i really wanna try mixing crack and h and iv'ing it I'm going to drop my girl of at work soon and go score! Iv seen people waste there crack like you said about inhaling and exhaling way to fast I like to here that rock crackle away and I'm holding that bitch in for as long as I can lol. I like to take a hit of the h and then hit a nice pipe of crack just as I'm feeling the rush loll

Are people aware that in a UK study, H users couldn't differentiate H an (admittedly more) morphine? It was quite an old study when I read it but I will try to find it if people are interested. I THINK the drugs were administered via bolus (because even I know H works faster than M).