• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Sensibly for Pain Relief

I used heroin for pain relief for over 3 or 4 years. I was on oxi and morphine for break thru for over 18 years. Looking at my stack of pharmacy records I barely increased the dose in all that time.
I have intractable non treated pain and no HX of abuse on record.
Trying the alternative ..I was going to end up in a very bad way if I continued. After getting robbed, taken, manipulated and locating something that wasn't f dope was getting impossible.
I've just been diagnosed w cancer again...and I've only been offered gabapentin...yuk.

I'm one of those people with missing enzymes so I don't process synthetics, unless it's oxi or should I say thebaine. When I figured that out the world began to make sense.

As someone with chronic pains since early youth, I can say it's better to work through the pain, instead of trying to blend it out. I know it's a fucked up thought, but in time the pain is just second nature. Better than to start an opiate dependancy over something as (in comparison) trivial as pain.

I figured that the more you try to repress the pain, the stronger it will return, so it's best to face it head on from the start. Never let it become a monster. While painless bliss sounds great, it comes at a fatal prize when you start to dull your problems with opiates, especially ones as cheap and strong as heroin.
Pain is weakness leaving your body, and there is no life without pain.

PS: I know this thread is old as shit, but this is a recurring thought with (about to be) addicts. "I could just use it in moderation to dull the pain" You are not.

Hi sorry I couldn't read all the comments I'm in a rush but I had to talk to you so sorry if I'm repeating. I am addicted to herion, and I use it for chronic severe back pain. My doctor's started me on norco then oercs then morphine... You k ow the drill. I thought herion was my answer and for a few months I was so happy. Unfortunately now I'm more miserable than ever. You body keeps adjusting mad you keep needing more the pain relief gets less effective and it's so expensive. When I started I was spending $15 a day it's only been 6 months and I spend about $40 a day. The withdrawal is a nightmare. You can't tell people how bad it is because there isn't anything so horrible to compare it to. Please please please do not start. I feel like I'm trapped in a life long prison

Hi sorry I couldn't read all the comments I'm in a rush but I had to talk to you so sorry if I'm repeating. I am addicted to herion, and I use it for chronic severe back pain. My doctor's started me on norco then oercs then morphine... You k ow the drill. I thought herion was my answer and for a few months I was so happy. Unfortunately now I'm more miserable than ever. You body keeps adjusting mad you keep needing more the pain relief gets less effective and it's so expensive. When I started I was spending $15 a day it's only been 6 months and I spend about $40 a day. The withdrawal is a nightmare. You can't tell people how bad it is because there isn't anything so horrible to compare it to. Please please please do not start. I feel like I'm trapped in a life long prison
I am not judging you. I can tell it's a slippery slope you're on. I completely understand the desperation you feel when you're in so much pain and feel like there is no hope and sight. I have been tempted to follow the same path as you. I was a huge fan of Layne Staley of Alice and chains. He described being dopesick near the end. Maybe this resource will be helpful.