• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentuckyfriedcats

Greenlighter
I have a few questions about a heroin overdose. I think I may have experienced an overdose but I'm not sure, so I shot my usual amount, got a little scared because I felt an insane rush stronger than ever before. Afterwards, I'm not exactly sure what happened. I kind of remember my friend asking if I was ok but I guess I never answered, but I remember trying to, I just kept nodding. She said my lips turned blue, she tried to see if I had a pulse and couldn't feel one (may have just been her not able to find it) and I was dripping sweat. I came to with a bunch of EMTs around me and they made me let them shoot me up with narcan. My question is, did I -almost- overdose or was that an overdose? Did my friend NEED to call 911? I understand why she did, she does not use drugs and that would be a scary sight for anyone. But, did I need the EMTs or does it sound like I would've came to on my own? She said it was about 30 minutes from when I shot up to when the EMTs got there but I'm not too sure about the time frame there..

Yes that does sound like you experienced an overdose on heroin. It was a good thing that your friend called to get you medical help. Stay safe. I moved this to other drugs for you.

Last edited:
Diaphoresis coupled with cyanosis is a tell tale sign that your body is shutting down and needs help. As far as the need for paramedics, would you really want to find out? I mean there are stories of people being dragged into cold showers and having the crap smacked out of them in an attempt to stimulate adrenaline production and in turn respiratory rate/tidal volume and cardiovascular output, but there are a lot more stories of people that never made it because these attempts were made in vain and only delayed emergency response. So yeah you could definitely call this your Christmas miracle.

You overdosed. We can only speculate about the details, but had your friend not been there, you very well could of become a statistic. If you have to use, get a narcan kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.