• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

"Heroin" Overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemla

Greenlighter
Hello, my brother recently died of what we assumed was a heroin overdose. The autopsy said he had a bag of white powder on his person, and it was apparent he just shot up. As it turns out, there was no heroin in his system at all. He died from acute furanylfentanyl intoxication. I assume that he bought it as heroin, but I really have no idea if that is true. He was a heroin addict for many years, should he have been able to tell the difference when he was "cooking" it? Just wondering what the most likely scenario was. Thanks.

maybe he knew the difference but decided to take it regardless?
i'm sorry for your loss, this fent epidemic is truly awful.

Sorry to hear about your Brother OP. FuranylFentanyl is just one of many Fentanyl analogs that have gone up for sale on the web over the past few years. To a non-user, it's really not worth your time to learn any of the names. Just call them Fentanyl analogs. The only major difference between them is really their relative potency. They are all pretty powerful though, generally measured by how many times more potent than Morphine they are.

He could've bought the powder in question from the internet or from a Heroin dealer who is cutting his product with Fentanyl to add potency. It's hard to know. It's doubtful that he would know the difference just by examining the powder by eye. I'm gonna close this now as there's not much that we can do to help you or answer your question further than we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.