• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin/(mostly)) fentanyl caused an abscess.

Wilsadvns

Greenlighter
I’m an IV heroin user and a few days ago I started developing an abscess, luckily I caught it very early and started myself on antibiotic which I’ve been on for I think 3.5 days now. According to web md a course of this antibiotic (erythromycin) can last up to 3 weeks. I would obviously prefer to go to a doctor and get this taken care of but due to legal reasons, I cannot. The antibiotic seemed to work extremely well at first but for the last day or so it’s plateaued. The redness is subsiding more and more still, but the size of the lump isn’t getting smaller anymore. I started soaking in hot Epsom salt solution today for 20-30 min periods. I need to know if I’m going to have to lance this puppy or what? I’m on probation so I’m trying to avoid the hospital. I know I could ask that it all stay confidential but I live in a small town and that kind of word travels.
The red/raised part is down to less than an inch and it seems softer on top after soaking. Any thoughts or advice on speeding the process along or making sure it’s effective would be appreciated. Oh and BTW if the infection stops responding to my treatment then I’ll see a doctor. I may be crazy and I may be stupid but I really enjoy having two hands. (Abscess is on my right wrist BTW). Thanks for your help.

The epsom salt bath should draw it up to the surface. Is it draining at all? I'd sterilize a sharp ice pick and go after the fucker. After it drains, stay ON top of the epsom salt bath, stay ON at least ten days of antibiotic and call me in the morning.