• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Heroin - Methadone - Suboxone

Hatetogetsick.

Greenlighter
HI, I am new to the forum. I've been an on and off Heroin user (snorting) for the last ten years. The first five years it was a pretty steady habit. I'd get clean every so often but it wouldn't last long. In the last five years I'll binge for weeks or months and then go months without. This last binge has lasted about six months and I was up to about a bun a day and the quality is really good. I know it's time to stop and hopefully this time for good. For the last couple of months I've been trying to taper and I've gotten down to about five bags a day and for the last couple of weeks about 3 bags a day. I have eight bags left and I'm going to try to make it last as long as possible so when it's time to stop, I've tapered as much as I can. I do have 1 and half 40mg Methdone diskets so I'm hoping to use that for a couple of days after my last bag to help with the worst of the withdrawals. I'm also going to try to pick up five 8mg suboxones.
I've never tried the Methadone before and while I know it's not much, I'm hoping the 60mgs I have will help a little. What's the best way to handle that? I was thinking 20mgs for two days then 10mg for one day and 5mg for two days so over a four day period. Then using the subs for a few days or as long as I can make it last, then switching to Kratom to help with the anxiety which is always the worst part of getting clean for me. I do have a handful of 2mg bars of Xanax so that should help with that.
Any advice on the methadone and also how long do I have to wait before taking the subs. I've taken subs too early after dope before and it was the worst so I'm hoping to avoid that.
Thank you!

Your plan sounds good, but you're right about the PWD risk. You need to wait at least 48 hours from your last dose of methadone and ensure you are in full blown withdrawal before taking the subutex.

If you can, maybe skip the methadone entirely, wait 24hr after using H and just dose 2-4mg of bupe.

You could also try that methadone taper without the subutex and see how you get on. If you still feel like utter crap and feel you need them after 2-3 days you should be ok to take a little bit of bupe. You could start with 0.5mg buprenorphine and wait a couple of hours to take a bit more.

Thank you for the reply. Subs have never worked that well for me so I wanted to give the methadone a try with a fast taper. I could only get one and a half from a friend and feel lucky to have it but wish I had a few more so I could do a slower taper over 7-10 days. I am worried that when that is out of my system I'm still going to be in withdrawals that's why I was thinking about picking up the subs. But I may just switch right to Kratom after since I'm not confident in subs helping much and PWD might not be worth the risk. Ugh I hate this so much and wish I had a time machine and could fast forward two weeks. Haha me and everyone else I'm sure.
The good news is I really feel like I'm done this time. It's just not worth it anymore and the WD seem to get worse every time.

Yeah low dose methadone and then onto kratom shouldn't be too bad!
Good luck!