• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Mega Thread and FAQ

I'm 7 days off Heroin, tapered down smoking it… I was having withdrawals during the taper in itself. It was immensely difficult. I should have just switched to subs, instead of taking them later then sooner.
I wouldn't introduce the valium until your friend's last use. It can really lower inhibitions as well another cns combined with H isn't a good idea. I used some subs then methadone after the Heroin, tapered on those for 4 days, then introduced Lyrica right when the methadone started to wear off, then xanax at night. Of course a longer acting benzo is better… I now have to get off the Lyrica.

I´m sorry Smoky you are going through this and I know how immensely difficult it can be.
It would be nice to be able to get some subs and taper it down with something that will make you quit h more easily.
Since I´ve quit a long time ago, subs were not an option and I use mmt. It sort of gave my life back.
I wish you all my best! Really hope you can do this. You have gone too far anyway and wish you keep going..

Last edited:
No luck getting it off my sheets, ah well.

God damn heroin. I took the bite of the forbidden fruit.. there is no going back after becoming addicted, is there? It feels as if I will never be happy again, yet the circle doesn't stop.

I am going back on a script later today, and I don't know which one to pick. Subutex or methadone? I've tried both. Subutex got rid of the physical sickness, but I felt so dead and empty inside and relapsed quickly. Methadone I worry I will just use on top of heroin again.

The dead/ empty feeling on subutex- is this something to do with decreased dopamine levels? I just feel so down without heroin, the thought of giving it up is like the thought of losing someone. I guess it's been my replacement for everything for the last year.

Sorry for the lame post.

ok im pretty new to using IV as well as this site but im in need of some advice... i have a small bump under where ive shot the most.. its not infected (that i can tell at all) but there is a bump nonetheless and im wondering what it was caused from and how i should treat it... also my neighbor's arm is growing very hard even like rock solid in parts..ive told him to go to the er...does anyone know exactly what its called thats happening to him and what i can say to get him to go to the er? any help is help and we need it. im afraid of not being able to beat this chapter in my life and i feel like ive already lost my bestfriend and boyfriend to this..how did i get here

Hi there dehydrated, welcome to bluelight. A couple things, if you're going to inject please do it safely and read up on how to do it. Check out the links below.The bump is a missed shot, perhaps an abscesses, or a cyst, who knows till you go to the doctor. Warn your friend of the dangers of an infected abscess.. (Have you seen Requiem for a Dream? Remember the bit at the end where the guy loses his arm? Not worth it. Better to be safe than sorry if you don't know what you're doing!!)

I strongly suggest you check out this thread- Injection; IV Complications and Information MEGATHREAD and FAQ II.

Check out The Dark Side Forum for support and help beating your addiction.

You're not alone in dealing with this and I hope BL can support you. x

Last edited:

God damn heroin. I took the bite of the forbidden fruit.. there is no going back after becoming addicted, is there? It feels as if I will never be happy again, yet the circle doesn't stop.

I am going back on a script later today, and I don't know which one to pick. Subutex or methadone? I've tried both. Subutex got rid of the physical sickness, but I felt so dead and empty inside and relapsed quickly. Methadone I worry I will just use on top of heroin again. .

I would go with MMT. You don't want the dead feeling with subs. If your starting dose of methadone is high enough, your craving for H should disappear. At least that's what I've read from many others here. So still craving H would be a function of not having enough methadone in your system. Get the dose you need and stabilize on it as long as you need before tapering. You might need some white knuckling the first few days while the M builds in your system but within the first week you should be on a nice cozy satisfying dose of M . First step to getting your life back.

I am going back on a script later today, and I don't know which one to pick. Subutex or methadone? I've tried both. Subutex got rid of the physical sickness, but I felt so dead and empty inside and relapsed quickly. Methadone I worry I will just use on top of heroin again.

The dead/ empty feeling on subutex- is this something to do with decreased dopamine levels? I just feel so down without heroin, the thought of giving it up is like the thought of losing someone. I guess it's been my replacement for everything for the last year.

Sorry for the lame post.

Dont you have the option of Morphine ER pills (morphine sulfate; ask the doc for "Substitol" , probably also other names in other countries) . Basically morphine tiny pebbles coated in wax in a capsule. IMO the best way to get off H. Extremely easy to dose and slowly taper and easilly replaces H with no fuss.
I would never go on methadone, suboxone or subotex then.

Last edited:
Hi, New here... Why is it that when I have smoked this I always taste something like parfym and or incense stick smoke smell?? definately not vinegar... .=)

Oh, and I have smoke it via lightbulb pipe ... and giving it a lot of fire!! so, question: how much stronger the hit may have been, if I would have given it a bit less of fire/flame? ( no a mount of smoke got away, did not got to waste)

Last edited:
Because POS dealers put it inside. Either for "brand recognition"(which is the less of two evils I guess) or to step on in part. Ive come across incense like you said, coloring for eggs lots of time, sugar, some other crystaline pieces, benzos, various laxatives, glass, tiny pebbles of stone (sand probably) even and many more... So if you can, find another dealer or dope. A good dealer will have the typical H that will dissolve nicely or at least try to get it and not be content with selling that sh-t. Even if you dont inject you can try to dissolve it in water to see what remains or put a tiny bump on a piece of white toilet paper and drip a drop of water on it and smear it on the paper. This way you can also see how it dissolves and often whats inside in a way due to the color(s) it produces. Often if its incense or some coloring it will smear in that color in part, Ive had everything from red to green and blue...
Like they say, H in itself is not that bad for you, but the sh*t they put more and more in it today is. If I remember correctly from reports, H today is around 10 even less percent pure, youre putting 90% of whats mixed with in your body. So keep changing dealers until you find one with good dope if you plan on using.

It's also important to consider the psychosocial changes that will come, whichever one you choose.
Opiates tend to envelop every aspect of life, from social aspects to being the focus of your life itself.

No amount of Methadone will suffice if one jumps from 'I.Ving Heroin bought with money from crime, just to stop the WD whilst living in an abandoned warehouse' to 'orally dosing Methadone in a clinic at 9am before going about the day'. For one, it means a lot more free time that you once spent using, so boredom hits quickly, there's suddenly more time, as if another 12 hours had been tacked onto the day, you didn't plan for this and so the only thought you have is to revert to a learned behaviour. I can't think of a better boredom reliever to an addict than opiates, nor can I imagine a more conditioned, robotic reflex than 'I feel bad, therefore: drugs'.

Here in Finland we get not choose what to use. So when ever what ever is offered we must take. Odd but i come to enjoy the smell...

In the UK 99% of Heroin is No3 Heroin Base. We have to dissolve it with Citric acid or Vit C for IV use. Its really good for smoking though.

I wonder how celebs get such solid connects ? I heard that Peaches Geldof had "importation grade" H and a Baggie of citric on hand. I think they said the H was about 65% pure.

I wonder how celebs get such solid connects ? I heard that Peaches Geldof had "importation grade" H and a Baggie of citric on hand. I think they said the H was about 65% pure.

in the words of Bill Nighy, '[d]on't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!'

Last edited:
longtime user, never IV'ed...

hello. it has been quite a long time since i've posted in bluelight. i used to use this forum incessantly when i was in my hallucinogenic phase in high school and after... which, i have since quit doing hallucinogens altogether in late '05, due to a very weird and long story that im not going to get into right now. anyways, since then, my drugs of choice have always been opiates and weed, along with occasionally drinking, and a longtime smoker. i wrote this post a little while ago, but never posted it. regardless, im still curious to see what answers i would've gotten if i had, so i decided i am going to post it to see what kind of feedback i get, here in the heroin mega-thread. actually, was kind of worried about posting this on my regular account, so i had to create a whole new one, just to post this, since i wanted & needed this to be as anonymous as possible... so, without further ado:

"i started being a heavy oxy user, back before they reformulated, and was my absolute favorite for years... about 9-10 years to be exact. i still dream about the old oxy80's now & then.... hell, i can even remember what the beautiful drip tasted like. ah, the good ol' days... anyways, around 2009, i moved to cali for a couple years. there, i didn't really know anyone at all, and couldn't find oxy anywhere around there. i brought a bunch with me when i moved, but once i ran out, i went for 3 months before i found a way to find locals that could help me find what i was looking for. well, close to, anyway... basically, i was lucky, because i found someone who had opana 40's, which i had done a ton of research on and had always wanted to try, since it was the only comparable pharmie to oxy80's. and thats basically what i lived off of out there... during that time, near the time i was about to move back home to PA in 2011, oxy had changed their formula to deter abuse. i was pretty devastated and sad that id never again be able to enjoy them. and after moving home, opanas were practically impossible to find, even tho i was able to a few times after i had moved back home, and was still able to get the old oxy80's for a couple months before they disappeared completely. okay, this is running a lil' long so ill cut to the chase: due to this, the reformulization of oxy's and the scarcity of finding opana's, and after a really bad break-up, and becoming a hardcore alcoholic not doing the trick anymore, and missing opiates, i decided to finally get some heroin again. i had tried it before for a week straight when i was younger, when i was first doing oxy's, and was sick of roxi 30's not doing hardly anything to me... so, for the past 3 years now, going on 4, i have been using/insufflating heroin (with a couple instances of trying to get clean with methadone)...

...now, where i live isnt far from philly. which, im sure most of you know is one of the three main places on the east coast to get the best powder heroin (ny, pa, nj), depending on who you'd get it from. you know, the classic blue postage stamp bags, usually stamped with a label of some sort, and put in a similar sized small ziploc baggie, sold in "bundles", usually 14-count. so for years ive been a heroin user and i was always dead-set against needles. and i have always truly enjoyed and have been almost passionate about insufflation. i always said that id never use a needle, especially after my best friend died of an od. but for the past half a year, there have been quite a few instances when id get a bun and the stuff would be cut too much, and although itd be fine to take away my sickness/wd's, or even good enough to kinda feel nice, id still lose most of my enjoyment out of it, mostly because on top of it being weaker, the drip was always one of the biggest factors of enjoyment for me, and like a little indicator of the high lasting and of knowing it was good stuff that would make it last. but when i'd get the stuff that was cut too much, i'd blow through the buns so quickly, itd end up being doubly expensive for me since i'd have to get another bun in half the time a normal one would last me. ive cut down a lot, and taken my habit down from a bun lasting a day and a half, to now, where it can last me 3.5-4 days. but thats if its good stuff. when i end up with stuff thats cut too much, it just screws up everything and kills the schedule ive laid out for myself... especially hard when im still trying to ween myself down still.

------------------------------------------------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------------------------------------------------
(***BTW, For those who are impatient to the point where this entire post is too long for you to read, the stuff that's above this cut-off line is just me explaining my 10 year history of opiate insufflation and how i graduated from opioid pills to straight-up heroin. Below gets to the main questions I am mainly posing...***)
------------------------------------------------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------------------------------------------------

now, for the past couple years or so, ive had a reoccuring dislocated shoulder, so far let's say its been significantly more than 5 times already. and everytime, they used propofol to put me out, along with also giving me IV dilaudid sometimes also, for the pain (which never really did much due to my tolerance). my latest one was just a couple days ago. i still have the IV mark in the crook of my arm, where they injected me. and thus, getting used to being injected at the hospital so many times, along with recently having problems with bad batches of dope that are cut too much, ive been thinking a lot about it. so, ive been contemplating seriously about trying to IV for the first time and have been doing extensive research. the main reason being that for these instances when i get screwed with a bunk bundle of too-much-cut stuff, i am pretty sure if i tried IVing it, itd be a lot better. and plus, knowing how everyone says its a whole other level of a feeling compared to snorting... im not really sure what im trying to ask here, but first of all, is it a bad idea to try IVing with stuff you know is cut, or is it okay as long as your using a type of filter, like cotton, which is most likely what id be using? and im guessing for a first time IVer, whose been a longtime opiate user, would logically go with IVing one bag for a first time, right?? and if i were to do it soon, would it be smart to IV right next to the hospital IV mark, since i know for a fact thats where my vein is? and how much of a difference is this going to feel for me, considering the fact that im a longtime opiate/heroin user who always insufflated, compared to IVing?? does my tolerance mean that it wont be that much of a crazy difference and will just feel a little bit better, or will it be a completely different world for me? and lastly, will this affect how i feel normally when i snort, or will this completely fuck up my tolerance if i just try it once?? and i know i prolly will have a ton more questions, but ive already made this ridiculously long enough, and ill post anymore questions i have as i think of them... any and all advice and answers you guys who have experience can throw my way will be extremely appreciated and helpful, and i thank all of you in advance if any of you take the time to read and answer this post...."

Last edited:
wow, really? no one can help me out with any answers?? i did just recently find good stuff, as well as waiting before i tried to actually do it, so i still haven't done it at all, but i still am curious and would like to see what kind of answers you guys can throw my way, just for future reference... so, how bout it? can anyone help me with any answers to the questions i posed above?? again, it'd be extremely helpful and much appreciated. hope to hear back from you guys soon.... :|

Wall of text maybe shorten your questions will get you more replies cuz me personally would never read a questioin that long like maybe a comment on a topic I'm very interested in but a question no way lol

If you graduate to the needle, you will regret it. There are so many reasons NOT to go to the needle, but here are a few:
1. Far greater chance of immediate death (OD)
2. Far greater chance of delayeddeath due to complications
3. Huge chance of things like abscesses, sepsis , losing a limb etc
4. Once you go to the needle it's far harder to quit. The chance of relapse is so much higher. It's also very hard togoback to another ROA
5. Unsightly track marks everywhere
6. More chance of getting disease when not careful, junkies are rarely careful
7. Using IV will cause you to become even more addicted.

Make this your line. Tell yourself you have never, and will never inject. Ever! Ivenecer heard an addict on BL saying that going to the needle was a smart decision.
Really.be firm with yourself . It's H sniffing, or abstinence. Full stop.

Good luck to you

If you graduate to the needle, you will regret it. There are so many reasons NOT to go to the needle, but here are a few:
1. Far greater chance of immediate death (OD)
2. Far greater chance of delayeddeath due to complications
3. Huge chance of things like abscesses, sepsis , losing a limb etc
4. Once you go to the needle it's far harder to quit. The chance of relapse is so much higher. It's also very hard togoback to another ROA
5. Unsightly track marks everywhere
6. More chance of getting disease when not careful, junkies are rarely careful
7. Using IV will cause you to become even more addicted.

Make this your line. Tell yourself you have never, and will never inject. Ever! Ivenecer heard an addict on BL saying that going to the needle was a smart decision.
Really.be firm with yourself . It's H sniffing, or abstinence. Full stop.

Good luck to you

thanks man... yea, im kinda glad now that i decided to wait, and didn't do it. my situation is fixed now, and i can get actually really good stuff now. when i was getting stuff that was cut too much, it was just messing everything up, and i was starting to get desperate. but yea, im glad i was able to keep my resolve and resist doing it. but, i still would like to get others to reply to the actual specific questions i was asking in that last paragraph, (which i also inserted an "impatient reader cut-off line" right before that paragraph, so people don't have to read the rest of the post if they're too impatient or complaining about the length of it)... because im still really curious about some of them, such as how it would affect a tolerance such as mine, if i were to only do it once, etc. but yea, thanks for your input, bliss... and as for you, snake, i think i answered your concerns with my edit. anyways, hopefully i can still get some more specific answers....? :(

Last edited:
Dont you have the option of Morphine ER pills (morphine sulfate; ask the doc for "Substitol" , probably also other names in other countries) . Basically morphine tiny pebbles coated in wax in a capsule. IMO the best way to get off H. Extremely easy to dose and slowly taper and easilly replaces H with no fuss.
I would never go on methadone, suboxone or subotex then.

What country are you from? Here in USA they'd laugh at you and tell you to get out of there office if you asked for morphine for opioid addiction.

Theres a thread around called needle addiction , read that in your spare time to see why its such a bad idea