• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Heroin, intraveneous, first time use. Some guideance on basics would be great, or pointers to other sites

helpseekerhedonist

Greenlighter
Hi there

Pretty simple really: I'm have a good reason for wanting to try this, as anexperience. I'm not going to go into it here but as an addict of other substances, who could, given a different life, worse luck, less love, I could very easily have decided to take the road of a full time injecting heroin user.

The fact that I'm deciding to do this as an experience, in my mid 30's, should lead most intuitive persons to the nature of the good reason, and why don't want to discuss it. I'd never give advice to someone to do this, for example, nor would i try to stop them. I like that about the mission statement here. So i thought you may be ableo to help me

I have no fear of needles, and have ensured clean, medical supply syringes. of 2 and 2.5ml.

I understand the mechanics of how to do each step, so can you correct me if there's a better or I'm missing something.

first question is how much is a good, safe, first intraveneous dose for a 6ft 2in (1.87m), 72.5kg, 35 years old. High tolerance to benzodiazipines and moderate tolerance to opioids, based on oxycodone, slow release use, so I'd say medium to heroin. The product is from a trusted supplier, and used insulffated previously, which gave a pleasurable buzz but knocked me out too quickly, so I'm assuming it's reasonably strong. I know this isa sujbective question but hopefully thats enough information for a ballpark guess as to a dose for a first time IV user?

Poweder into spoon (Weighed accordung to dosage beforehand), heat until liquid state, draw syringe until amount desired is in the syringe.

THis is going ot sound like a dumb Q but it's the thing I don't know at all, after tying the upper arm so the forearm has more blood running through it...

Basically what next? What am I aimng for? is it any blue (vein?!) which is sowollen due to the torniquet? So it should be easy to see, and I'm guessing just a gentle push, will get the needle into the vein (any way I could know if it's wrong before pressing the plunger?) so once thats in, just push down on the syringe plunger we're done?

I'm sorry if this is really dumb but i figure maybe asking someone on BL is the least I should do before attempting IV use.

THanks for your help and reading this.

Peace

So, what was your intranasal dose? So I can give you an estimate, if you got snortable powder I suppose it's #4 heroin.

If it's #4 heroin, there is no need for heat, you only make the cuts more soluble. Just stir gently and patiently with your plunger.

Filter the solution with a wheel filter/micron filter or in the worst case a cotton piece, but not from a ciggarete thag could cause damage, so just a little bit of cotton.

What kind of needles do you have? A 27-29gauge one, those orange syringes labeled as insuline syringes are the less painful and less likely to cause scars.

Don't go only visually after veins, feel them with your hand, usually the most easily accessible spot is in the middle of the arm where you got the elbow but on the opposite part, sorry the name doesn't come to my mind.

So apply the tourniquet, feel around with your hand for a vein, put the syringe in a parallel position with your arm, a 25-30° angle, insert the needle, register, this means you draw a little blood to check if you really are in a vein, registering is important, now that you are in it, remove the torniquet, too much pressure could blow your bein, now draw again a little blood, so you know you are still in, just a little both times to make sure, the vein could've rolled when removing the tourniquet due to improper motion so that's why you register, now that you are still in, push half of your solution, re-register, if you still in, push in the other half. Some persons register only once, but I think that it's important to re-register especially for beginners so you don't miss, if you miss you are doing a subcutaneous injection not a intravenous one which could lead more likely to an infection, a bump of liquid on the zone and some pain too. After all the solution is in,remove needle and press a cotton piece to the zone, oh and before the shooting, sterilize the zone with an alcoholic swab. Another small detail would be to use sterile water from ampoules from rhe pharmacy or a needle exchange, if you can't, boil tap water and wait till it cools down and use that.

THank you so much for that detailed response

SO "registering" is the bit I've seen on TV when blood is seeming to come back up into the needle? And that's something that' i should do, carefuly, twice, so the shot is a mixture of the H and the blood I've drawn? I get this now.

Intra nasal dose, I could not tell you, I was Eyeballing it most of the time, but claimed to be Turkish and is sandy, the lightest powderer I've had. I cannot get into the market I got it from due to access issues so I can't get any more info about what it claims to be.

THe needles are bulk and definitely not orange insuline ones. All i got is 23g (could be 23 guage), I'm guessing that's gonna hurt

I don't quite understand what you said about not needing to hear it. SUre, every time I've smoked in th epast it's gone black straight off the foil, pretty quick. But how (sorry if this is super dumb) do I get it into the syringe, and liquefy it?

THanks

Oooooh, you got #3 heroin then, you need to add ascorbic acid and heat it then, you can find the ascorbic acid at any pharmacy or grocery store (in the store under name lemon salt or how is that translated). In a sterilised spoon, you add the units of water, the h, some ascorbic acid and then heat and stir, if it's not disolved yet add more acid, repeat.

Only a little till it disolves, too much is gonna sting/hurt. Yes registering is what you have seen on tv, but only draw a little tiny bit, not units of it, the purpose is to know that you are in a vein not to shoot blood. 23 gauge might leave scars, aren't the syringes easily availabe in turkey?

Do you have a miligram scale? So you can weigh it out precisely, eye balling is dangerous

It is #3, you are correct. In Turkey, you can get citric acid from any market. It's called "limon tuzu" which you can locate at the spice aisle. Syringes, you can get insulin syringes from any pharmacy. I get 1 ml insulin syringes; it comes in a bag of ten, I think the brand is BD. 23 gauge is huge, the insulins are 29 I think.
To be safe, I would use 1/3 of your intranasal dose, once you get a feeling for the quality and its effects, you can use more.
In Istanbul, we don't have the Fentanyl problems like some other places but it's better to be safe and try a small dose first.
Good luck, stay safe.

I was 30 when I started I.v, Heroin(#4) now I'm on bupenorphine maintenance Again!
I've never met a single opiate user(smoking or intranasal) who decided to EXPERIENCE the intravenous route and went back to smoking or intranasal. I'm curious to know how your thirst for experience lead you to!

Last edited:
Just a note on the citric acid, you only need to add a tiny amount - less than a match head size. Just add a few crystals at a time until the gear dissolves. As Morpheus said, an excess of acid will burn, you'll actually feel it flowing up your veins.

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) Is kinder to your veins.

Also, there is usually no need to use a torniquet unless you've been at it for years and you struggle to find a viable vein anymore. As a male, you should have plenty of juicy veins you can hit straight away. Doing a few push ups first helps to make them more defined. Torniquets are for the movies...

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't use tourniquets myself, only a few times when my main spots looked like they were blown, but I don't have the typical male veins, i'm not very muscular either, my veins are very hidden, but with the feel of the hand it's easy to spot

You really should weigh it. Do your best to get an idea how much your using. Its good that you don't plan on turning this not a habit.

If you can have a friend or someone around, that would be better. If you rail a bit and it kicks your ass, use less then that amount. Be careful, whatever you do.
Railing is one thing, but I.V. is a bit different. Just looking out for your safety.

I feel it could be helpful to have multiple angles with this one. I always try to have people learn directly from another addict. The nature of addiction causes most of us to learn remarkably fast and get pretty good at the process. It can be a little confusing when you try to do it yourself though. I won't like, I've met people with great vein architecture that I could hit in a second appear with a dozen blood spots on both arms as they couldn't figure it out.

It's easy to say it's a simple process, which it is, but that doesn't mean everyone can just do it with ease. I was always recommend Heroin Helper to new folks. I believe it goes by a new name or is under a different umbrella, but I always considered it to be very helpful. To be frank, they explain it better than I could, totally. Here is the link.