• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin injecting

and about the "should I inject more all at once or do it in small increments"

the answer to that really depends on a few questions.

1. how confident are you that you know the quality of your stuff?
2. do you have someone that would notice if you were overdosing?
3. do you really care either way?

if you can answer yes to the first two and dont think about the third one, it would make more sense to shoot a larger amount at once because you get a stronger (more worthwhile imo) high albeit with a greater chance of nodding out (which can be mistaken for overdosing by ill-informed people. rule of thumb, if theyre breathing and not blue in the face they arent ODing they just nodded out).

shooting small increments after one another, even in time spans as short as 10 minutes, will never equal that all at once high if we're talking about the same amount of total heroin injected. Ever. under any circumstances. Im telling you, you can take that to the bank. cash it. buy some heroin with the money. im telling you

all it leaves you with it the thought of "I could have done more of this"

but again, see the 3 questions I asked above

and act accordingly

Just for the record, naloxone does not cause precipitated withdrawal. The naloxone in Suboxone basically does absolutely nothing. It's buprenorphine that causes PW and, theoretically, it's the bupe in Suboxone that will reverse an overdose. Buprenorphine has an even higher affinity for opioid receptors than the naloxone does. It's amazing to me that even many doctors seem to have no idea that this is the case. Naloxone in Subs does nothing, even when injected, because the bupe has an even greater affinity.

Do you know what ur heroin id cut with? If not you could literally be putting anything into your veins, and anyone doing that has got to be an idiot, no offense to anyone. If you take offense read my post again and think about it. Theres nothing wrong with injecting something made to be injected, like a morphine vial made to inject. Or anything that comes already injectable. Id breath heroin in because i know that are lungs have a way of cleaning itsself, but i would never put who knows what directly in my vein.

The advice I can give you is to go back and smoke or sniff. I know is not the same feeling as when you slam but after a while you will not miss the rush so much. I used all the places available including neck and groin. Once I miss the vein and hit the artery on my neck. It was once of the most painful thing in my all life!!! It felt like petrol was poured into me and than light on fire. My arm chest leg and head of the left part of my body feels like burning for about 2/3 minutes. I forgot the golden rule "if it's pink think if it's red go ahead ". I stopped slamming ancient back to smoke or sniff. This saved me lots of money as well cause I injected only speedballs, not white or dark alone. So I know that is not easy but if you will menage to stop slamming and go back to smoke you will really be pleased with yourself, no more trouble with carrying around all the stuff you need , spoon water citric pump etc, plus u will save money and the withdrawal will come much slower than the hole. For me when I was injecting the clocking comes every 8/10 hours meaning when I was going to sleep i needed to make sure I had a fix ready for the next morning when I wake up and go to work. Give it a try man the buzzing is the same after 15 minutes so the flash will become less intense with the time passing till it will make very little difference. Good luck to you.

Yeah I know what you're saying man. I just love that rush I get from injecting. There's nothing like it. I tend to only do it if I buy a batch of £100s of gear. The first bit will be injected and the rest smoked. But it's becoming more often, where I'm injecting more and more.
I do use a lot lot more gear when injecting but the high lasts me way longer and I fucking love that feeling. I just did it 10mins ago and really struggling to type this. Thank fuck for auto correct hehe.
I also don't need to carry anything about with me like needles or acid or anything. Every time I use its just at home in my bedroom.
When I was using at work i just smoked it so only needed foil.

I'm gonna try and stop injecting so often though. I can't really afford to keep using that amount of gear and I also need to give my veins a rest.
I've missed a vein once and I've got a massive lump on my arm full of brown puss. I put a hole in it and drained it and it was nasty but it's smaller now and naturally healing. I won't be doing that again haha. Always make sure I get a vein.

So yeah I injected too much one time, then had a smoke on top of it and started to feel like I was ODing a bit. It was getting worse and just didn't feel right. So I took 1mg of Buprenorphine (pure, not Suboxone) and it made me feel a bit better. So I had another 1mg and it brought me back round feeling a lot better. So now i know what to do next time lol.

Thanks for the chat yo
Need to lie down and enjoy this high. I'm proper fucked.

This is horrible advice and I'm surprised no one else has pointed that out. Amphetamines or other uppers WILL NOT reverse an opiate OD. Period. In fact, it will make it worse. I just cannot understand why people say stuff like this as if they know, as if they think there's some kind of scientific basis for their words when in reality they have no idea. If you don't know something for sure, and there's a possibility that what you're saying could KILL somebody, then don't say it. Or do a quick Google search; it's so easy these days to fact-check and there's just no excuse for spouting off stuff like that when you can easily find out for sure if what you're saying is true or not.

This is from harmreduction.org:

Can I give them a shot of coke or speed OR does Speedballing balance you out?

No- speedballing does not cancel out OD risk- it actually increases risk, especially cocaine which can also numb the urge to breathe. Speedballing is any combination of a stimulant (upper) and a depressant (downer) taken together, especially a mixture of heroin and cocaine or heroin and methamphetamine injected into the bloodstream. Stimulants actually constrict blood vessels, and cause the heart to beat faster, which can depletes the body of much-needed oxygen, which makes the overdose worse. The more different drugs someone’s body has to process, the harder it is on their body. People who speedball usually use much more frequently that people who use only heroin- this increases OD risk.

Yeah I'm with you man. Worst advice ever. I'd never take an upper to try to reverse the effects of heroin etc. Stupid advice.

about the bupe reversing an overdose thing, nothing scientifically proven here just my 2 cents

I would think it depends on whether you have Suboxone (which has Nalexone in it) or just plain Bupe in your possession.

You would also have to inject the Suboxone in order for the Nalexone to do its thing (rip opiates off your receptors and make you feel instant withdrawal)

In my experience, regardless of ROA, it takes Bupe about 15-20 minutes to really bind to your receptors, during which time it might be too late for someone who has ODed to come out of it.

A lot of people think the Nalexone in Suboxone does nothing which is partly true, it does nothing if you dont have any full agonist opiates on your receptors.

If you have solely Bupe on your receptors, you wont get Precipitated withdrawals because the Nalexone does not have enough of a binding power over the Bupe to rip them off your receptors in your brain.

But if you are currently high on a full opiate agonist, and inject Suboxone intravenously, you will go into precipitated withdrawal because the Nalexone rips off the agonist but the Bupe takes about 15 mins to get there so for that in-between time period you are fucked.

however, this would reverse an overdose in theory from what I have gathered from my own experiences of getting a Narcan shot vs what shooting Suboxone too soon feels like

TLDR: call an ambulance IMO

Yeah it was just pure Buprenorphine. It worked taking some and made me feel loads better

Also I'm continuing to use the fat vein on the back of my hand. Seems to be going well so far. I try to swap hands each time but the one on my right hand seems to be the fattest and easiest to get to.

Yeah I'm with you man. Worst advice ever. I'd never take an upper to try to reverse the effects of heroin etc. Stupid advice.
Its not that stupid when someone can keep themselves awake to remember to breath. If i was oding id definetly drink a cup of cofee

This is from harmreduction.org:

Can I give them a shot of coke or speed OR does Speedballing balance you out?

No- speedballing does not cancel out OD risk- it actually increases risk, especially cocaine which can also numb the urge to breathe. Speedballing is any combination of a stimulant (upper) and a depressant (downer) taken together, especially a mixture of heroin and cocaine or heroin and methamphetamine injected into the bloodstream. Stimulants actually constrict blood vessels, and cause the heart to beat faster, which can depletes the body of much-needed oxygen, which makes the overdose worse. The more different drugs someone’s body has to process, the harder it is on their body. People who speedball usually use much more frequently that people who use only heroin- this increases OD risk.

^ This is important to know. @justtakethat, when a person is overdosing, taking a stimulant is not going to help them "remember to breathe". Coffee certainly wouldn't help either, same way it won't help a drunk person to sober up.

^ This is important to know. @justtakethat, when a person is overdosing, taking a stimulant is not going to help them "remember to breathe". Coffee certainly wouldn't help either, same way it won't help a drunk person to sober up.
You obviously have never been in that situation. When your are so drunk to where you cant stay awake and are throwing up cofee is going to help you stay awake. It seems to even help sober you up if your using alchohol. The stimulant would decrease the chance of them uncontrollably sleeping