• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin injecting

Reticulum

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I have been smoking heroin for over a year now. I can smoke about £60-£80 worth per day and often smoke about £20 in one go to really feel the buzz. Tomorrow I will be injecting for the first time. I've been reading and reading and reading all about it for days and days now. I know all about the technique and everything else I need to know.
The one question I do have is how much should I inject for my first time? Obviously I have quite a tolerance but I don't know how it compares when injecting. How much should I put on the spoon to mix with the water and citric?

I am aware of all the dangers etc and I don't need comments about not doing it and all that kind of thing. I have thought about this carefully and my mind has been made.
All I need is to have the above question answered please. I will be using 1cc insulin syringes.

So to summarise, how much heroin should go on the spoon for injection? £5? £10? Obviously I will be injecting 1/3 of the syringe first, then more and more until I'm happy with the result.

Thanks all in advance for your replies.

Retic.

well IV is the best ROA just no beating it
i would honestly start off small and see you respond then when you take your next dose you know more or less where you stand
for damn sure dont inject the same amount you usually smoke and yeah 1/3 of it sounds about right
good luck and i wont tell you my usual "don't do it" but be safe bud and sterilize the best you can and if anything goes wrong head to the ER its not worth losing a limb or your life

In Los Angeles a 5$ sack could get u so high you nod off and wake up with your cigarette burning your leg. So u might wanna start at 5$. 10 could potentially kill ya or be an awesome fuckin high. I think u will puke big time.

What do you mean "injecting one third of syringe" ?

If you mean using 20-30 units of water to mix up with , ok that is fine.

If you mean you are going to fill the syringe with water to mix up with and try to shoot a whole cc syringe full--that's a no-no
(You don't want to have a whole syringe full of water/heroin to shoot. You have to have some room for drawing back to see the blood flow into the syringe. And being new to it this may not happen perfectly the first time. So if you get some blood in before you're perfectly in a vein, you need to have room left for the blood). Plus, well, it's easier to control a syringe and push plunger when it is only full to about 20-30 units.

If I read it wrong and you didn't mean you were going to fill it and only inject a third of the whole thing at first then I apologize. But it's what it sounded like to me--and that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen when you run out of room for pulling back to register

Basically use about 20-30 units of water, mix with your heroin (and Citric if needed where you are), draw it all up. When you enter skin draw back the tiniest bit on syringe to create a vacuum so when you go in vein the blood will just plume in. That is why you must leave room. Especially as a new injecter. Once you have that register, push slowly. You can check once to make sure you are in but don't keep doing it or you'll likely push through or pull out of vein

I don't know your price-amounts to say how much to use at first that way, but basically whatever you would start off smoking or snorting, take about a third of that to start injecting. So if you normally smoke like .3 , then start with .1. Rough estimate. You can always do more but not less and if what you start with this time doesn't give you a good rush then next time you'll know.

And always do a test shot with a new batch

Thanks for that. I know about leaving room for the blood thing :)

You, along with other people mention 'units' of water. What is a unit? Is it one line on the measurement of the syringe?

One other question is, how thick does the heroin/water mix in the syringe need to be? Very watery? Like what ratio? 1 part heroin to 4 parts water?

I would always use 1 cc because there is room for about 120 units (1.2 ccs) in your standard insulin syringe. I have injected things 3-15 times daily for many years, and I have come to understand that having more solution leaves a little room f or error (if you miss and inject 10 units of a total 30 units, you lose 33%, whereas with 100 units you have only lost 10% ). It also makes it easier on your veins, as any irritants are diluted more. If you need more than 10 units to draw blood in you're doing something wrong. If you can source wheel filters (which they use to sterilize things at .22 um for IV use in hospitals) they are the best, but micron filters are also very helpful and relatively cheap when compared to medical bills. If you do not need to, do not heat it or use citric (acid could be necessary depending on the form of H you have, but heating is unecessary and dissolves cuts into solution at higher rates). Use the smallest gauge syringe you can to avoid vein damage and scarring. If possible never use the same vein twice in a day, and you will be able to maintain for a longer period without poking yourself 100 times to find a vein. Be careful and sterile, use 1/2 to 1/4 your normal "per sesssion" dose (you said 20 i think) and you'll be fine. Approximately 50% of the H is lost to burning and not being inhaled when you smoke it, but otherwise the rush is the same.

Asking "how much heroin I need to get off" is pointless, none of us know how strong the street drug your using is

Well I did it. Overall a good experience. It took a few digs to get in the right place in a vein but not too many.
Felt all nice and warm and chilled. Will use more gear next time as the buzz was a little weaker than expected. But at least now I know.
Thank you for all your help and advice.
Just need a bit more practice with finding good juicy veins to use but overall everything is good.

Thanks again.

The website Heroin Helper has some great useful info on using heroin, especially the IV route. They have an article posted under the User:Administration section called "Two to Three" and I think if you took that knowledge applied it to the amount you typically get off on using w/ your old ROA, then you might have a guideline dosage for IV.

The "Two to Three" principle is thus: The longer it takes the drug heroin to reach the brain, then the more it begins to act exactly like regular morphine when ingested. This is a really clear reason to me at least why so many heroin users are typically IV users of the drug.

I am not using this information to sway you towards using more than what you are comfortable with (or any at all for that matter) but it is useful when converting dosages between IV heroin, if you do that, and anything else in the pharmacy you might find in somebody's hand.

Edit: Sounds like you enjoyed it, so you did it right. Hah! Burnt has a good point though, there is a plethora of info on the web, created by and for users in your exact situation. There is also already a TON of info on Bluelight as well to help you with this.
You asked a question about how 'watery' the solution ought to be for shooting H? I would say I part heroin/IV parts water. It's best to have a lot of water, but i guess it depends on what the consistency of it is first. For ex. I mainly use black tar heroin and it's very gummy and black so I like to add enough water when I cook it to be able to see the blood register in my syringe when I pull the plunger back, and I like the solution to not be too much 'like a tarry sticky shot'.

Last edited:
I did it a second time tonight. The heroin I get is a pale powder often in rock form.
I put a £10 deal in the syringe and injected half of it in my forearm. Then left it for about 10mins and decided to have some more. I think I didn't properly get a vein the second time and I think I can see it accumulated under my skin on my wrist. It's not a total waste is it? It'll still be absorbed and work I assume?

I did it a second time tonight. The heroin I get is a pale powder often in rock form.
I put a £10 deal in the syringe and injected half of it in my forearm. Then left it for about 10mins and decided to have some more. I think I didn't properly get a vein the second time and I think I can see it accumulated under my skin on my wrist. It's not a total waste is it? It'll still be absorbed and work I assume?

The drug in missed shots get absorbed into your system but the onset is slower of course.

I think I've got the hang of this now. Although my arms are covered in bruises near the injection sites. I have an especially nasty looking huge bruise where I tied the tourniquet. Better wear long sleeve shirt for a while.
The only other places I can find any veins are on my feet but I've tried that and it's way too painful. Hurts like hell. I have a very high pain tolerance when it comes to cutting/stabbing/needle pains but I just can't handle it in my foot *shudders*.

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated.

Is it normal for the injection site to itch like hell for like 30mins after? Can't stop scratching it!

you missed with some and its a histamine reaction, i always take 25mg of diphenhydramine, 5 mg loratadine 10mg desloratadine and a caffeine pill when i inject down, to cover the side effects.

i dont usually use heroin, but when i do i especially notice that my vein rotation is fucked and every vein i use is tracked. I only typically about 12 sites, and i typically do one shot of meth per day which gives me lots of time to heal. but after a binge involving heroin my arms are not in good shape. but to me that means tiny red dots and the most minor bruising, since i practice perfect technique, and will not use a needle if it has had any dulling action (usually when i draw up through a cotton or filter, i will squirt the solution into a new syringe as the tip may have been damaged or dulled by filter, or careless handling. I get boxes of 100 1cc syringe +needle for free from a absolutely lovely service that delivers them in my city for free.

One thing i would definitely recommend is to always have another person around when using heroin (especially when injecting) and also have a naloxone kit on hand with minimum 2 doses, and make sure your company knows how to identify and respond to an overdose. This includes administration of naloxone and also assisted respiration, This is honestly so important. No one deserves to die, and no one needs to die so no one should. I fell out a week or so ago after a tiny dose of some new down. a sprinkle of what i normally do, and didnt have a kit on hand; My girlfriend was freaking out and scared, if you dont get the kit for your own peace of mind, get for others.

Fentanyl is very commonly showing up in my area and id say alot of the heroin around here has at least some. id dare say most of the "heroin" in my area is little to no heroin and mostly fentanyl causing the effect. there have been over 18 fent related deaths in the last year in the broad area. all unnecessary, and preventable.

... Like, is there a very fine line between feeling good and overdosing?
Now, I can get up and function and walk around and make myself a cup of tea. And I just injected 3mins ago. I feel good and relaxed. Think I could get away with a lot more? When I see it on TV they inject, and then slump into the corner of their bed with their eyes half open. That's kind of what I was expecting at first. Or is that too much?

've got the hang of it perfectly now. Though i still have bruises from the first few times, like massive bruises that are red and brown. The injection sites now are hardly noticeable. I tend to use the veins on the back of my hands. It doesn't really leave any mark and they're easy to get to and very visible.

I'm afraid I don't have the possibility of getting a naloxone kit. They don't just hand them out to people here.
I am being very careful though.

Is it a case of one day, just having that tiny tiny bit extra that could cause an overdose? I put more heroin in the syringe today as the previous rushes weren't that powerful. It kind of worries me at the time if I'm having too much or not. What I usually do is to inject half the syringe, and leave it in me while I sit and decide if I need some more or not. That way I'm not giving it another dig a second time round.

This thread will do more future harm, than reduction.. Asking how much to mix, based off of the price? The op could've gotten .5g for £50, where as the next person may get a full g for £50.. I motion to delete.