• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin/fent, delayed withdrawal?? Any input appreciated.

Jmoneymillz740

Greenlighter
Ok so first time posting, hope I’m doing this right. I checked into a medical detox to come off of a pretty big fent habit 5 days ago. This particular detox doesn’t use suboxone or subutex, just good old Valium and clonodine. To my complete shock, I haven’t gotten sick since I’ve been here, aside from some night sweats/ hot and cold flashes that have been pretty mild, and have really just started today on my fifth day. Have I dodged a bullet and missed the worst of withdrawal? Or am I somehow just now starting to detox? Any input appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Ok so first time posting, hope I’m doing this right. I checked into a medical detox to come off of a pretty big fent habit 5 days ago. This particular detox doesn’t use suboxone or subutex, just good old Valium and clonodine. To my complete shock, I haven’t gotten sick since I’ve been here, aside from some night sweats/ hot and cold flashes that have been pretty mild, and have really just started today on my fifth day. Have I dodged a bullet and missed the worst of withdrawal? Or am I somehow just now starting to detox? Any input appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Not sure how to explain it. Have you been through withdrawal before? They get worse the more times youve gone through it.

Not sure how to explain it. Have you been through withdrawal before? They get worse the more times youve gone through it.
Yes many times, and each time I’m in full on withdrawal within 24 hours. This is what has me confused. Hoping I’ve somehow dodged a bullet here but not sure what to think

Yes many times, and each time I’m in full on withdrawal within 24 hours. This is what has me confused. Hoping I’ve somehow dodged a bullet here but not sure what to think

How are you doing today?
I sure do hope you managed to dodge that bullet.

Let us know!
💕

Feeling it today for sure. I just hope I’m not gonna go through full withdrawal. I mean I’m 6 days in I should be feeling better by now but have been getting slightly worse the last couple days.

I’ve got hot and cold sweats but that’s about it. And they are mild to what I’ve felt in the past.

Update, it’s looking like I’m getting on the other side of things now, feeling a good bit better! I really only had 2 days of being sick and that was days 5-6.
so thankful. I was doing grams of pure fetty a day. God certainly has spared me 🙏🏼

Update, it’s looking like I’m getting on the other side of things now, feeling a good bit better! I really only had 2 days of being sick and that was days 5-6.
so thankful. I was doing grams of pure fetty a day. God certainly has spared me 🙏🏼

You got lucky it seems but I wouldn't count on it happening again

I think ive had this happen a few times, where the withdrawal was surprisingly less severe than expected. Doesn't happen often. Usually its the reverse, where it's worse than expected.

No doubt. I mean I still feel like hell but it’s nothing like full on wd and for that I’m greatful! Thanks for the replies!

A big part of WD's are psychosomatic, that has happened to me in the past. When 24 hrs had passed since my lastshot, i was crawling the fucking walls sweating my ass off. Once i got to rehab(with the same tolerance) just the fact that knowing i wasn't gonna fix made the wds easier. If you're constantly thinking about how to get ur next dose it makes the wds/symptoms worse.