• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin "Efficiency" by Route of Administration

i think that heroin smoked is stronger than sniffed heroin
that is probably cuz it goes to ur brain quicker than snorting, and it goes quicker than smoking it.

the heroinhelper website is such a great resource. they used to have a great forum. what happened to it???

It really depends on form.

Powder is better to snort than it is to smoke, in general, as it emits little vapor and can overheat and lose its integrity.......

But tar heroin definately packs alot more punch than snorting it dissolved in water. If you know how to smoke tar correctly, it can be very very effective, and far more efficient than snorting the liquid. And it without doubt has a much better rush, despite the short-lived effects. Its also harder to OD smoking tar heroin than snorting, as smoked doses are usually made in small successive increments instead of all at once like snorting (of course IV is most dangerous)....

But in most cases, tar heroin is for injecting and smoking, whereas powder is for injection and snorting. I know you can smoke powder, but the problem with smoking powder is that you end up burning it, whereas tar has less of that problem. Both are disgusting tasting when smoked, and i dont know about snorting, but i think all heroin should be IVed, if your into that, although snorting powder seems like a good relatively benign method if you arent used to the needle.....

Well I have never dissolved black tar and snorted it but of course I have sniffed some powdered bags, some of them were very good, some decent. The average bag sniffed usually made me nod as hard as smoking decent tar but the tar always gave me a nice initial rush, similar to althought NOT even close to being as powerful to IV. Propyny, there arent so many factors really. In reality, smoking black tar heroin will get you higher than snorting a good quality bag of powder.

No one needs to say theres all these factors and what I said doesn't make sense because I didn't give a purity percentage. I'm giving an example and I also speak from experience.

wtf does this have to do with opinion? Sure, you can personally like the administration route of nasal usage more than smoking or even the more subtle high from snorting. I did not say no one likes snorting more. I said smoking produces more of a rush than snorting. I never told you which to like more.

Alright guys (and gals), thank you all for all of your opinions. For personal reasons, I have chosen not to IV...got nothing against people who do but it's just not for me.

I'm still going through withdrawal (it's day 5 so it's almost over) so I don't plan on using again so...going to TRY to be a "recreational" heroin user.

Any way, I think we've gotten enough people's opinions on the topic and as the person who started this thread I don't think there is any new information to be gained by leaving it open...plus there seems to be quite a bit or arguing, name calling and fighting going on and I don't see anything else positive coming out of this thread. So I am satisfied with the information I have received and mods feel free to close this if you believe it's necessary or appropriate...no need for pointless fighting.

I have snorted powder heroin that would blow your mind, and I have smoked black tar that was shit. and vise versa. It all comes down to the quality and if you have never snorted any really good quallity then you would always think that it sucked. Now myself personally I agree with negrogesic, if your not shooting it then you waisted it, but don't get me wrong, if someone laid down a big fat line of h for me, I would snort it up.

If someone loaded me up a big foil boat i'd smoke it. But if it comes down to my money. I'm going to shoot it.. ironically no one disputed putting it under your tounge lol.. guess that one stands as a given.

"going to TRY to be a "recreational" heroin user."

heh good luck with that, its close to impossible after an addiction...

I would like to add on to this that Fentanyl 5mg patches smoked will absolutley whoop your ass. I have never smoked H but a small blob of gel from those patches, say about 1/4 that patch amount smoked on foil is fucking mind blowing. When i first smoked it my body was rushing for 3-5 minutes from head to toe i felt like i was getting splashed with waves, a very intesnse body high and my vision would get all blury and after the rush it would be a VERY strong narcotic buzz for another 2-2.5 hours.

Well, i much prefer snorting than smoking. I have tried smoking, but even when i had very little tolerance, it never really did anything. But im talking about no.4 heroin, that is in the form of rocks. Although lots of people do smoke it and get high (generally its potent heroin), i haven't had good experiences with smoking.
Snorting used to get me very high. I probably just wasn't smoking it right, i didn't persist with trying to smoke it when snorting was more than adequate. I like the long high that snorting gives too, i would nod for a long time, longer than when injecting.

But i prefer to IV it, as i really, really like the rush that IV admin gives. Its also much cheaper, because i inject half as much as i would snort (or even less). Also, this makes up for the shorter duration compared to snorting, as i just shoot some more to prolong the high. But this obviously increases the potential for addiction. I also like having the ideal dose for injection, that gives a nice rush and plenty of sedation, and a good nod.

:)

I wouldn't smoke pure powder. It was be extremely wasteful but I love smoking black tar.

raoulduke

If you have read any of my post in the past then you would know that I whole heartedly agree with you . Fentanyl is the ultimate opioid, Though not all agree, and While I DO NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORCE SHOOTING IT, if you ever have then people would know why I say it tops heroin by 10fold.. they only drug I've ever had the pleaser of doing that I found to be better was when a termanaly ill friend of mine was send home with a script for the injectable form of oxymorphone. oxymorphone is the kind of all opioids.

Ive banged countless fentanyl patches and actiq, in doses up to two 100ug/hr patches simultaneously. The rush is good, no doubt, but it doesnt last at all. 30 minutes later and you are sober. Same thing with the sublimaze fentanyl citrate ampules, they have a good rush, but simply do NOT last. And yes, ive tried oxymorphone suppositories and IV, but again, nice rush, lasts longer than fentanyl, but still not that long. I have injected alpha-methylfentanyl, carfentanil and sufentanil, and again, all of these are GREAT drugs, but they simply dont last long enough. Its like opioid crack, you are left fiending for another hit. I suppose if you had unlimited supply, it would be a great drug. And yes, smoking fentanyl does provide a suprisingly strong rush.....

But from all the stuff IV banged, I like drugs like levorphanol, which may not have that extreme ear-ringing rush of fentanyl analogues, but has a nice long lasting high. Other good examples of good injectables are ketogan (ketobemidone), and dipipanone (aka diconal, which is dipipanone and cyclizine, the holy grail of some european addicts).

But I have to say, I really am fond of good old diacetylmorphine (or 6-mam), as heroin both has a good rush, and comparatively, it lasts long. I take my half-gram shot at night (along with a lot of diazepam) and i sleep like a baby, which is the only thing that I have found that really overpowers my persistant insomnia. Heroin is popular for a reason, it is good shit....

^i want to meet you and have you take me under your wing. you're like the god of opiates.

IV all the way.....In my opinion (and it's just my opinion), you're not doing heroin properly unless you shoot it....believe me I used to sniff it for years before starting to shoot, but realized that any other method of intake is kinda pointless and a waste of money and time....I mean, does anyone here routinely EAT pot?? no, you smoke it (unless you're making brownies or some shit)....that's just the way it's done.....shooting heroin's just the way it's done too....I gotta give props to Propnyl tho cuz you're one of the only people I ever met that tried it and didn't stick with it....that's a good thing, if you can manage to do it...
this is 100% correct if we're all being honest. When i started i only shot up always and said that smoking would be just a waste and now after about 7 hard years shooting my veins (hands, all up arms and feet - not doing neck or groin f that lmao i'm only 24) are all fffd i've had to switch to smoking and it's just so lameee everytime i'm like damn i wish so bad i could just get it in but atm at least i'm too scared of wasting the whole bag by it all congealing.. shooting is the best bigggg fax but it is/will almsot 100% likely ruin your life haha so maybe don't try it if you haven't already - god knows i wish so bad i hadn't done it first now nothing will ever feel the way that feels oof

Chasing "rushes" of any drug is sure to lead to more problems and fiendish behavior. Have always been more interested in the duration. Not to say I haven't thoroughly enjoyed some rushes in my day. Benefit of H is the long duration. Name another chemical that can give you such a rush and have the "legs" to run the race? There is only one other, pro tip, it still doesn't last as long and is on the other side of the spectrum as far as effect. To anwser the Op's question I would say as follows:
Iv=10
Smoke=7
Internasal=6/7

Like others have said I do not advise using Iv but if you want the truth, there it is.