• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin "Efficiency" by Route of Administration

Dope_User

Bluelighter
How does IVed, insufflated, and smoked heroin compare in terms of effectiveness?

For example on a scale of 1 to 10 and we say IV is a 10, where do insufflated and smoked rank?

I'm really interested in how insufflated and smoked compare.

lol, damn dope_user. Every thread I see you in only deals with H. :p

I can see why though, it's a wonderful yet nasty drug. :D

I've only snorted, so I couldn't tell you.

You should feel the heroin hit you in about 2-5 minutes max. and depending how much u snorted u could get a strong or short rush

IV all the way.....In my opinion (and it's just my opinion), you're not doing heroin properly unless you shoot it....believe me I used to sniff it for years before starting to shoot, but realized that any other method of intake is kinda pointless and a waste of money and time....I mean, does anyone here routinely EAT pot?? no, you smoke it (unless you're making brownies or some shit)....that's just the way it's done.....shooting heroin's just the way it's done too....I gotta give props to Propnyl tho cuz you're one of the only people I ever met that tried it and didn't stick with it....that's a good thing, if you can manage to do it...

"Under Tongue: 7/10"

I was under the impression this didnt' work too well.

damn, 1/10 for chasing the dragon?? i've had very positive experiences with H thru that method of administration. if done properly, it can be very pleasurable, and a great way to control your dose. most people don't do it right and just directly put the flame on it. it is very effective in that you dont end up taking too much that you cant handle, and can stop at any time. try stopping once the plunger has already been pushed in and you find out that this same bag from your same dealer is like 3x more potent.

Propynyl said:
Good point 8)

Anyway...I mean, this question has nothing to do with dope. Any drug is more potent when administered directly IV (not that you should just IV any drug obviously.)

Heroin
Shooting: 10/10
Under Tongue: 7/10
Snorting: 6/10
Smoking: 1/10

but this is based on opinion, I ONLY snort dope. Ive shot several times and I didnt like the intense high. I like the nice lift that snorting gives you. But then again, Im on Bup so I dont get high anymore :(

-propynyl

I do not agree that snorting is stronger than smoking. Smoking good heroin versus snorting good heroin, the good heroin smoked is going to be a lot more intense. Sure, its wasteful if you are not good at smoking, but same with meth, and the meth rush when smoked is worth the few hits wasted because its still getting you a stronger rush.

Smoking heroin actually crosses the BBB faster than the IV administration, it's just that a tolerant user can't smoke up his dose in one hit, so he or she would rather shoot it, getting it all in at once, resulting in an intense rush.

OCfiend said:
I do not agree that snorting is stronger than smoking. Smoking good heroin versus snorting good heroin, the good heroin smoked is going to be a lot more intense. Sure, its wasteful if you are not good at smoking, but same with meth, and the meth rush when smoked is worth the few hits wasted because its still getting you a stronger rush.

Smoking heroin actually crosses the BBB faster than the IV administration, it's just that a tolerant user can't smoke up his dose in one hit, so he or she would rather shoot it, getting it all in at once, resulting in an intense rush.

This is very subjective.
Personally, I find snorting to be much stronger than smoking.

It may be more effiecient, because it all goes in your system, and maybe you aren't that good at getting all the vapours from smoking it. Have any of you seen the movie "City by the Sea?" There is a part in that movie where they chase the dragon with some very potent looking heroin, in rock form. That is what I'm talking about, that shit. You take 2 or 3 good hits of that pure shit versus snorting 40 mgs pure heroin, the smoking route will be a lot stronger. And even black tar heroin vs decent nasal heroin, the black tar smoked with result in more of a rush, you will just have to smoke like 10 hits.

So how exactly to you go about smoking heroin in the most efficient manner? I have no experience with this...only snorting.

I would not throw large amounts of H on the tin foil. A lot of people do that and waste a shitload. Throw a small enough amount on that you can kill in a hit, maybe two. A save a lot more doing it this way. Put about 10 or 20 mgs, on and try and kick it all in one hit, getting about 90 percent of a the vapours. It is a lot easier to smoke with two people, one lighting it and the other holding the foil and sucking. You will most definately burn the fuck out of your fingers with that foil so use pliars to hold the foil or wear some gloves or something.

OCfiend said:
I do not agree that snorting is stronger than smoking. Smoking good heroin versus snorting good heroin, the good heroin smoked is going to be a lot more intense.

First off, this is your opinion. Second, most people would not agree with you. I dont know any dope addicts who smoke their bags. If you get good brown powder shit, like the kind I get from Newark NJ, then I dont see why you would want to smoke it when it can easily be insufflated. I dont know, maybe that tar shit is good for smoking, but most addicts would scoff at the idea of smoking their dope.

Whatever, this is a dumb thread because it's all a matter of opinion.

-propynyl

im talkin bout black tar here. how im drunk. whty don't u go smoke a bowl of hash and go sit in a corner and thin about what u said. You are on punishment. Go smoke a ball of coke and have heart attack. I have more replies than a goat on spoeed. u don't know anything about

my two cents. smoking is fun, the ritual, etc. it doesnt last very long though. gotta keep smoking to stay high. iv is the way to go of course. i have noticed that smoking tar properly is an aquired skill. i am not particularly proud of this, but through lots of practice, i finally mastered smoking tar.
take a bit of tar, put it on the foil, heat from the bottom and smear that shit all over the foil. get a paper toilet paper tube to suck the smoke through. dont waste your time with the pen tube or rolled up bill, you miss half the smoke. smoke just a little at a time, it keeps smoking after you stop applying heat, so stop the flame just before your lungs are full. hold that smoke.
in a few weeks, you will get tired of this, then you can start banging it the way its supposed to be done.
iv 10 snort 7 smoke 5

oh yeah, and we dont smoke our h by choice out here. all you can get is tar out west. unless you are seriously connected. if you have powder, disregard my last post. snort that shit!!!! only smoke tar.

i like smoking 15 hits of tar more than snorting 10 bucks of powdered heroin. But then again i'm drunk and I'm new to this website.

OCfiend said:
i like smoking 15 hits of tar more than snorting 10 bucks of powdered heroin. But then again i'm drunk and I'm new to this website.

No one cares that you're drunk! And furthermore, dont go giving people advice about heroin when you have no idea what you're talking about. Of course you fucking smoke black tar, that's what it is best for. But to tell me that smoking good powdered dope is better then snorting...No need to say you're new to Bluelight, it's obvious from your posts!!!

-propynyl

^haha. but yea i was talking about black tar too when i mentioned smoking it. propynol has a point and the powdered version is better for snorting. i thought black tar was the most common dope with ppl on this board. last year i was getting a lot of it but now it's always tan rocks.

Propynyl said:
No one cares that you're drunk! And furthermore, dont go giving people advice about heroin when you have no idea what you're talking about. Of course you fucking smoke black tar, that's what it is best for. But to tell me that smoking good powdered dope is better then snorting...No need to say you're new to Bluelight, it's obvious from your posts!!!

-propynyl

hey man, shut the fuck up man. I was drunk earlier, sorry i mentioned it. No one does care, im sorry. I speciffically said that i wasn't talking about powder, that I was talking about tar. Powder is very innefecient for smoking. Smoking tar vs. powder, IMO tar is way better. again I'm sorry. I'm not extremely new, and I do know my shit. Again im sorry and I didn't mean to sound like a dick. Sorry for my poor speech and writing but seriously, u gotta admit that smoking good heroin is better than snorting heroin. If you don't agree with that then thats ur opinion. Im sure I seem like a dumbass right now but idc. Smoke some good H. You have ur opinion. If i knew u and I smoked u up with H and smoked u out with H, i think u would change ur mind. Sorry man. Stay cool everyone...

oh yeah, and new to this site has nothing to do with knowlege. I know my shit, and I'm sure I sounded like an idiot. Truce. no i didn't spell that wrong. I mean peace. No more fighting. You have ur opinion. I get pretty good herion and I would MUCH rather smoke it the n snort the shit IMO. You do your route of administration and I'll do mine. I do not want any enemies. I think the two people on this website that I have smoked out would agree that my smoked great heroin is better than my snorted great heroin.

Peace. Once again I'm sorry.