• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin dosing

stonedsam

Greenlighter
I searched the forum but I couldn't find a thread that answered my question. I have tried heroin a few times, but I haven't experienced strong rush yet. I want to know what you think is a proper dosage for iv'ing for a relatively unexperienced user. I'm bound to use it. I want to properly experience the rush once, I've already got the heroin and I will use it no matter what. So please don't tell me not to do it. I just want to know what a strong dosage is and at what dose I would overdose

an inexperienced user shouldn't be IVing. i'm a user myself so i'm not gonna lecture you, smoke it or snort it.
none of us can give you a dosage due to everyone having different limits, thresholds and dumb luck; you need to figure yours out for yourself, hence steering clear of IV until you do. if your heroin is smokeable i would recommend that as the safest (and really fun) way of taking smack and its especially good for figuring out your own subjective dosages. snorting is another ROA that you should explore before you think of pining it.

tl;dr, figure out your dosage with safer ROA like smoking/snorting and then, if you must, move on to IV,
stay safe sam

If you are an inexperienced user you can also get pretty decent rush from medication opiates, there are some pretty decent ones, way better than heroin. Heroin these days are pretty difficult to measure as it's too often cut with fentanyl. Just a couple of weeks ago I've read about few heroin users who overdosed using their regular daily dose.

In terms of size, for 'beginners' some people say you should start with a little bit, same as the tip of a match and increase accordingly. Also, try to get to know better who you are dealing with - if that is ever possible. The amount actually depends on a lot of factors as I've mentioned, it could be cut, or mixed with other drugs. Increasing the dose won't make it better, it will make it riskier.

How much have you tried so far, in terms of amounts? a quarter of a gram bag should be more than enough to you. If you haven't gotten that far, disregard my comment and just increase it little by little. You can try to evaluate the quality by snorting first and see how it feels.

With street bought Heroin determining dosage becomes nearly impossible. Especially when IVing. You never know the purity of the dope you buy, and we all add different amounts of water to our shots, etc. I agree, if you're new to Heroin you should figure out the drug before you pick up a rig. That said, as an H addict I know how you're probably thinking. So let me just remind you to practice as much harm reduction as possible. Maybe keep a suboxone around so if you think you may be ODing you can put it under your tongue and the naloxone or the affinity of the bupe will rip the H out of your brain. And try not to slam alone.

Also, I barely experience a rush from even dangerously large IV doses. I usually only rush with high Morphine quantity Mexican Black Tar, and it expresses as a curious burning in my face, hands, and feet. I only really started to "rush" when I was completely dopesick and I did a shot, the rush for me is that instant transition from uber-sick to cloud 9.

I "rush" much harder from IV crystal, and IV cocaine is the king of rushes. Smoked crack can provide a neat rush, too. You don't need a needle.

Whatever looks like a good dose... do 1/3. And prepare to puke your guts out all night. What a shitty drug.

tl;dr, figure out your dosage with safer ROA like smoking/snorting and then, if you must, move on to IV,
stay safe sam

I have smoked and snorted heroin before. But didn't know it was comparable. I guess I found a quarter gram to be a proper amount for a night then. But just smoking heroin didn't feel like I was getting the most out of it. It probably seems stupid, but I have a kind of character where I really want to have "been there, done that". So I will try IV'ing once more.

How much have you tried so far, in terms of amounts? a quarter of a gram bag should be more than enough to you. If you haven't gotten that far, disregard my comment and just increase it little by little. You can try to evaluate the quality by snorting first and see how it feels.

I tried an eight gram the first time.

IIt probably seems stupid, but I have a kind of character where I really want to have "been there, done that". So I will try IV'ing once more.

I tried an eight gram the first time.

alright pal just be sure you know your limits and you know what you're doing.

and also, what do you mean by an eight gram?

@Blind Melon It's not street bought. I buy mine online. Not that it makes too much difference, but considering people can give reviews about the quality. It's a little more reassuring than to buy it from the street Imo.

I don't intend to do IV coke again. I have before, but I really only enjoy coke if combined with alcohol. Otherwise it just makes me twitchy and restless.

Coke is also the reason my second time IV'ing heroin went sour. I shot up the heroin and immediately after, I snorted some coke. It was felt very good at first and I decided to snort another line. But right after the coke took the upper hand and all the relaxedness of the heroin was replaced by the restlessness and uneasiness of coke.

I really honestly don't understand that people can enjoy coke without alcohol actually. But I guess I must be missing something.

Haha, of course. I am not a native English speaker. Sometimes I make mistakes like these. In Dutch, we skip the: "of a" part.

there's no real accurate way for us to determine how potent your heroin is and, therefore, how much you should do.

isn't that awesome! welcome to using heroin! we had refreshments in the break room but someone traded them for a cigarette.

^indeed. Here doses of heroin are generally measured in 0.1g increments - which of course means nothing.

OD -> BDD

Not to mention, in certain parts of the United States (mainly the Northeast area from Washington DC to Boston), heroin is sold in small baggies called "stamps" that don't really have much scientific measurements to them. A lot of my dosing patterns were done in regards to ___ of a bag (another term for stamp).

I really have no idea what that equates to in mgs or w/e, I just know that for someone with a low tolerance, shooting up like 1/4th or 1/5th of a bag is where I'd start

I know that doesn't really help you that much but just trying to explain the situation here.

As as far as Dark Web Dope goes, I know it depends on who you go through really. Some of the stuff on there is junk and some is actually fairly good. Although, to be honest, I never had anything off the Dark Web that was better than good heroin I got from the city I live near (Philadelphia)

so, I mean, I'd venture a guess to say your stuff is decent, but not like dangerously potent. (nice backhanded compliment there)

all that being said, I feel like it would behoove you to at least snort some of the heroin first to try and gauge the strength. It is much harder to OD when snorting (or smoking, if you have that type of dope that is good for that).

Also, if you start small and try to work your way up, remember that heroin had this awful tendency to make you feel like you are less high than you actually are sometimes. I wouldn't redose any sooner than 2 hours in order to be safe until you can get a feel for how it affects you.

good luck

Yeah, I couldn't find any white heroin on the darkweb for example.

How exactly would I gauge the strength from snorting. By snorting a similar amount as I intend to inject directly, or the same amount but snorted over an entire night?

When you're dealing with street drugs, the unfortunate, bottom line is that you have to put a great deal of trust into the person that you're buying from. Typically, in "the game" as it were, drugs are sold in relatively standardized increments. For instance, if one is to go buy a "dose" of heroin, it's almost always going to cost XX$ and you are going off of the assumption that what you have bought is a reasonable, one-time dose.

It's always kind of a shot in the dark, no pun intended. For that reason, you should at least have somebody with you who can intervene in the event of complications. The vast majority of "Heroin" these days is often not actual Morphine Diacetate. The Fentanyl analogs are becoming more and more common. The hard truth is that a user is less likely to be sucked in by a drug like Carfentanyl (perceived lack of euphoria, short duration etc.), but a habituated user who is just looking to get rid of the sick is going to be totally fine with something like Fentanyl.

I don't even do "Heroin" anymore, as I haven't been able to actually find any. It's pretty fucking sad.