• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin detox question

michaelmadness

Greenlighter
Im not sure im using this forum right. Im a new member just looking for answers. Ok so im trying to detox from heroin, i have been a user for little over 5 years off and on. (iv user) i went to prison from nov 2018 to aug 2019 (do to you guessed it HEROIN) lol. I obviously got clean during that time. I started using again may 2019 till now, but i did not use needles just snorted. I was wondering how bad would the detox be? I was snorting about 3-5 stamps a day and the stuff was decent jersey brown. i been tapering down a little and im 14 hours in from my last dose and feel fine. I guess im just wondering if the detox will be bad? On Monday i detoxed into Tuesday for 30 hours from last dose. I felt sluggish with hot and cold sweats with a little bit of agitation. I Did 5 bags tues and 3 bags wed. It is now Thursday and as i said before im 14 hours in from last dose and feel fine as of now. Im thinking maybe just mild w/ds, only time will tell i guess.

Hard to say. Since you had quite a lot of previous addiction (on and off as well), you will develop physical dependence more quickly and severely than you did before. Even after years of not using, you will develop dependence more readily. If you're 14 hours in and feel alright, it probably won't be the worst. But just be prepared for some suffering, I think it's likely you'll feel some. But you got this. :)

Hard to say. Since you had quite a lot of previous addiction (on and off as well), you will develop physical dependence more quickly and severely than you did before. Even after years of not using, you will develop dependence more readily. If you're 14 hours in and feel alright, it probably won't be the worst. But just be prepared for some suffering, I think it's likely you'll feel some. But you got this. :)
Thank you for replying. I think ill deff go through some w/d aswell. Just hopefully not as bad as previous times. I felt so good being off this crap, but dont understand why i would let myself get back into this. I guess thats why they call it addiction. I'll get through it, i've done it before and know i can do it again!