• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Heroin detox at home

if you are in a huge city that means there is a fuckton of meetings- and cos of COVID they may well be online right now (in the UK they are). connecting with people is really important for recovery. its a trite saying but in NA people say 'the opposite of addiction is connection' and like most other twee and annoying sayings they trot out, there is quite a lot of truth to it.

you should probably wait until you're properly through all the withdrawals before you try any real exercise, but once you are through it will be a massive help to your mental and physical health.

what Rio said about using so you don't feel cravings just short circuiting to the worst possible outcome is absolutely true. you're not giving yourself a chance. yes, it will be hard at first but things will get better, but it does take work.

there are meetings but really i dont like the online world i only talk to a few close frends here
im looking for real life meetings real life connection and yeah i been to NA but imma look for some AA too idk
man any idea when whitdrawals will end? i just woke up and woah im feeling so much better not sure if i can take a karate class but most of the pain is gone i only feel pain in my feet haha and im very thankful for the time you guys spent talking to me here even if we never met before you guys are the shit i owe you one @TheInvisibleStoner @Rio Fantastic @PaintTheTown @endlessnameless @Chem-man i can almost swear that talking to you and other people in here has kept me sober because im not going outside or seeing anyone right now

i totally get you about being different online, it really sucks but is better than nothing.

glad you're feeling a little better!! completely CT worst of the withdrawals are over by about day 5 but you still feel shitty until about day 10. i'm not sure how using tramadol will have affected it.

do try and get outside, i noticed my mental health deteriorates very quickly if i don't go outside.

what Rio said about using so you don't feel cravings just short circuiting to the worst possible outcome is absolutely true. you're not giving yourself a chance. yes, it will be hard at first but things will get better, but it does take work.

This! Chinup managed to concisely express what I was rambling about with a fraction of the words.

@strangeaeon look at these things you've just said

there are meetings but really i dont like the online world i only talk to a few close frends here

i can almost swear that talking to you and other people in here has kept me sober

bro i went to get food before the karate class and my body just gave in i collapsed in my couch when i got home so no i am not ok.... btw gaba and pregabalin make me dizzy as fuck i trip and break things

In that case you probably should just relax for a few days. Once you are eating good is probably a good time to start to try and be active.

I think all this covid stuff is making everything worse. If any year I should of been doing drugs it should of been 2020. Not get clean. That was the dumbest move ever. (for me).

I don't do heroin now. Have off and on my whole life. Used a lot in 2018/2019 and then ended back on methadone. Got off, then went back on for a few weeks since had to get rid of drinking.

Its all a twisted nightmare once you start adding all these other drugs with opiates.

You just have to accept you feel like shit and move on. It will get better. I dont even know what withdrawal I am in. Or maybe its not withdrawal and just my head or my health. Or maybe I did get covid. No doctors know anything about anything. You have to also consider all the stuff you take also.

The worst part of heroin withdrawal will be over in 2 weeks. Then from there it all depends on too much to write. Takes time and each day will get a little better.

In that case you probably should just relax for a few days. Once you are eating good is probably a good time to start to try and be active.

I think all this covid stuff is making everything worse. If any year I should of been doing drugs it should of been 2020. Not get clean. That was the dumbest move ever. (for me).

I don't do heroin now. Have off and on my whole life. Used a lot in 2018/2019 and then ended back on methadone. Got off, then went back on for a few weeks since had to get rid of drinking.

Its all a twisted nightmare once you start adding all these other drugs with opiates.

You just have to accept you feel like shit and move on. It will get better. I dont even know what withdrawal I am in. Or maybe its not withdrawal and just my head or my health. Or maybe I did get covid. No doctors know anything about anything. You have to also consider all the stuff you take also.

The worst part of heroin withdrawal will be over in 2 weeks. Then from there it all depends on too much to write. Takes time and each day will get a little better.
its just that you sound like you kicked off opiates very easily i dont know
thanks for reminding me that gaba is addictive yet i take it out of fear of losing my shit and going to cop u know?

So i managed to stop taking methadone and heroin now im on tramadol only and small normal doses but i am always afraid of relapsing no matter how good sobriety makes me feel, got any tips on how to maintain sobriety without feeling like shit or relapsing all the time? Tips like meds or stuff that will calm me down and curve cravings, I need to fucking stop this madness for real. Thanks in advance y'all
Oh and also it is very hard for me to distinguish between normal pain and withdrawal pain, as in everytime I feel whatever physical discomfort I begin freaking out because I think its the withdrawal a coming
You have to replace the entire lifestyle to something that you love that postive and healthy. Quitting won’t do any good if you just stay in the same place in life, you’ll have to adjust friends, places you go. PM if you get some time I get off at night but HMU

thanks for reminding me that gaba is addictive yet i take it out of fear of losing my shit and going to cop u know?
You might be losing your shit but that’s a good thing. Lose your mind. Cry whatever you gotta do but don’t use it as an excuse to Cop.

I’m so sorry for your loss. But soberiety has to mean more then anything or anytime. You did the right thing. I’m praying for you
I agree, you have to cut out addicts unless they want to get clean themselves. My mother use to sell me pills and I had to make a very hard decision to cut her out of my life before she overdosed. I choose sobriety and she chose heroin. I miss her a fucking lot but I told her to go into rehabilitation before I would allow her to live with me. She refused. I chose me instead of my mother. What I learned from this so I don't feel crushing guilt is you can't save another person no matter who they are. They must choose sobriety. I have been clean on year. Its a roommate....put him out! Choose yourself!

Chinup is a girl and yeah she's clean :D

I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling. I know exactly how you feel in those don't give a fuck moments. What has helped me get through those is reminding myself - do you remember the day after a relapse? I always wake up and feel so fucking awful, despairing, hopeless that I am compelled to go and do more just to get rid of the misery & guilt. Hopefully you have also had the opposite experience in your life - have you ever resisted a craving?? I have, and often I can then spend the whole day vaguely resentful about it, as if I've cheated myself out of something. However, by the next day, I'm often so grateful for the fact I didn't give in. I remind myself of those experiences, remind myself that when I'm in my RIGHT mind, I don't want to take drugs. The reasons why can be hard to really see & understand when I'm in the middle of a craving, so I remind myself simply that the reasons are apparent when my perception isn't distorted by cravings.

Can you get your hands on codeine instead of tramadol?? I wouldn't recommend using tramadol to come off opiates, since if you use it for any length of time then when you stop the tramadol you will have SSRI discontinuation symptoms to deal with on top of the opiate withdrawal. If you can swap to codeine or even kratom then you at least won't have that added set of symptoms to have to contend with.
Kratom is basically just a natural tramadol with some dopamine effects. No good. OP has to kick, whether at home or in detox.. replacing opiate for opiate just leads to a higher tolerance.

I wish. Been trying for like 2 decades. Once you withdrawal enough you will get tired of it. Plus there isn't any good dope around here so don't crave much. If I wanted to do some opiates would just get a little methadone from someone.

Lots of meetings here are still going. They are just smaller and a good portion are online.

That makes sense since never felt kratom. Or tramadol. They make me feel weird. Nothing like an oxy or dope. Like 20mg of methadone is the best since it wears off smooth and lasts the longest. The dope here is scary. Last time I tried it a few months back. OD. And had to walk 10 fucking miles and shit. All my shit was left. Phone, wallet, everything. Was begging for squares. Must of looked bad since got some squares and dude even bought me a drink. Luckily my car didn't get towed and there was dope and benzos in the car still in plain view. Would of been shitty to have gotten arrested that day. I feel it was my final warning ever from god. Or he kept me alive one more time since he has something even worse coming. So avoiding as much as I can. Even quit drinking. Brain all tore up. Nothing you can do but live with you did wrong. You will slowly go back to somewhat normal. But there is no more normal. You changed your brain with drugs. Like the egg frying and shit.
Kratom is basically just a natural tramadol with some dopamine effects. No good. OP has to kick, whether at home or in detox.. replacing opiate for opiate just leads to a higher tolerance.
Kratom can be used to get off opiates. I took kratom for withdrawal and tapered off. Started with two small teaspoons daily 12 hours apart, then one, then for a very short time half, then stopped. I have been completely sober since for now over a year from my last dose of kratom. Kratom is a weak opiate (don't use extracts) and if used correctly can help. If you take kratom and abuse it then obviously its not going to work for you. No different then methadone and subs may not for those who abuse these medications. Many people have used both drugs successfully to get clean. I chose to use kratom after reading about the long half life of methodone and subs especially when trying to get off. Kratom is not for everyone but definitely for some. It has helped many like myself kick opiates.

few lucky people could use kratom, it never did shit for me no matter how much i took

Kratom can be used to get off opiates. I took kratom for withdrawal and tapered off. Started with two small teaspoons daily 12 hours apart, then one, then for a very short time half, then stopped. I have been completely sober since for now over a year from my last dose of kratom. Kratom is a weak opiate (don't use extracts) and if used correctly can help. If you take kratom and abuse it then obviously its not going to work for you. No different then methadone and subs may not for those who abuse these medications. Many people have used both drugs successfully to get clean. I chose to use kratom after reading about the long half life of methodone and subs especially when trying to get off. Kratom is not for everyone but definitely for some. It has helped many like myself kick opiates.
It does help it just didn’t help me cause I abused it.

You can't quit opiates and not have ANY cravings! Even when I went from heroin to like 10mg of subutex (a dose that was WAY too high) and consequently felt zombified/sedated, I still had urges to use. If you deprive yourself of what you're addicted to, you are naturally going to have cravings. Living in fear of them and continuing to take opiates doesn't make sense - I assume you're scared of cravings since you're worried they'll make you give in and take opiates, so you're just skipping straight to the negative consequences (taking opiates) to avoid something that could potentially cause those same negative consequences. We have to accept urges and cravings & find a way through them, unfortunately, but over time it really does get easier.
Of course you can't quit without cravings b/c drug addiction isn't just physical it is mental also. As far as Tramadol, that is how I ended up on Methadone. I got pregnant andI tried rehab, but no one wanted the liability of detoxing someone pregnant. I was steered towards the meth clinic. They put me on methadone b/c I was taking 20 tramadol a day. I asked them if I could just taper off, they said it could make me miscarry.....anyway, 10 yrs later and I am still on the shit. Think really hard before you go this route...oh and btw, after being on methadone for so long ppl do start abusing it. Tramadol is as good as Percocet or Vicodin if you take a little more of it.

You can't quit opiates and not have ANY cravings! Even when I went from heroin to like 10mg of subutex (a dose that was WAY too high) and consequently felt zombified/sedated, I still had urges to use. If you deprive yourself of what you're addicted to, you are naturally going to have cravings. Living in fear of them and continuing to take opiates doesn't make sense - I assume you're scared of cravings since you're worried they'll make you give in and take opiates, so you're just skipping straight to the negative consequences (taking opiates) to avoid something that could potentially cause those same negative consequences. We have to accept urges and cravings & find a way through them, unfortunately, but over time it really does get easier.

if you are in a huge city that means there is a fuckton of meetings- and cos of COVID they may well be online right now (in the UK they are). connecting with people is really important for recovery. its a trite saying but in NA people say 'the opposite of addiction is connection' and like most other twee and annoying sayings they trot out, there is quite a lot of truth to it.

you should probably wait until you're properly through all the withdrawals before you try any real exercise, but once you are through it will be a massive help to your mental and physical health.

I know this is a serious post and I apologize but, “Fuckton”... bahahahah!!!!
I seriously can’t wait to use that in a sentence! New favorite word.