Heroin detox at home or other method? Plz help.

Mikewashere

Greenlighter
So I've posted before but this is my first thread. So I've been on opiates for 7 yrs, started on pain pills after I got hurt, then got a new doctor who was against opiates. I guess especially mine. I had fentynl patches, opanas, dilauted, and of course oxys. But he thought it smart to take them away without a taper. So I go and find pills on the street but then they get expensive, sooo..... I hopped on the h train, and haven't gotten off. But I have tried maNY different methods of opiate detox and they all worked I just have problems staying clean, or sober or nether really since I like cannabis, alot.
But I don't want this lifestyle anymore. I'm tired of the run a round. Get h use h wd from h, repeat. Ugh. Its not worth it anymore, there has got to be something better to look forward too. So now I'm looking at home detox, with kratom,thc, Loperamide and then suboxone for a few day after the wds to keep me from 1. Fiending/using 2. Being able to get high 3. As a little safety net.
Or go back on methadone. I made a pro/con sheet for methadone cause I have major issues with prolonged maintenance programs. But the pros greatly outweigh the cons. My main issues with it is I don't wanna just swap out the drug and I become very paranoid. And the methadone clinic I go to is 1hr away. so that's alot of hella early wakeups. And the weather system I live on and the one the clinic is in is different. It'll snow 6-8" at my house but be fine at the clinic and I'm scared I'll miss a dose or something. And one thing that got me paranoid last time was I was on the program for like 6 mnths hadn't had a dirty piss is like 4 months and had been on a stable dose for about 5 months. I was on a low dose, it worked for me. But when I wanted to decrease my dose or when I started to talk about starting a taper. Oh no! I "need" to stay on longer or I am showing drug seeking behavior! What! Really? Or is it really the fact that they want to keep us on a maintenance program so we stayed numb of life and keep coming back cuz were scared to wd, oh and I forgot about the huge check these places get for each one of us that get "treated" but even with a few of those cons the pros still are greater. So I already know what my choice should be at this point in my life. But I still would like to know what others think.
But anyways I lost both my legs so there's physical pain and all the trauma I've gone thru cuz of losing my legs, brings alot of mental health issues that I try to ignore or deny. And now that imma amputee everyone and there fucking dog stops to stare at me cuz I'm either in my prosthetics, that look a little different than normal legs and feet, or in my wheelchair, where I will always look different. So everytime people look at me I think they are plotting against me to finish the job the taliban couldnt. Then just regular depression and anxiety, about just going into a store for food or whatever. When I use, none of that matter anymore. I could care less. But I think that's why I keep messing up in recovery. I need to address the underlying problem which is my mental health.
Every time I look at myself all I see is a junkie who made every decision in life, wrong! Cuz thats what I see, a junkie, a soulless, thing, just waiting to die and hoping it come soon cuz I know my family will get my life insurance and all the money I got saved up. And that would be better than dealing with me, worrying about me every day hoping they don't find me dead. Wouldnt it just be easier if I did it and got it over with. I mean what do I really have to offer society anymore?? I don't know, besides draining the system for money and resources that could go to something or someone more worthwhile. Everything I do has to do with heroin. I know I shouldn't think like this, but what else should I think when I see the life I live, the people I associate with. And just my general health, like skin, personal hygiene, my eating habits. Usually I'm a health conscious person but now I could care less. I guess I just wanted to vent and see what people think about the opinions I picked. And maybe add some of your own thanks.

We all have a greater chance, if we help each other.

Thanks,
Mic.

So I've posted before but this is my first thread. So I've been on opiates for 7 yrs, started on pain pills after I got hurt, then got a new doctor who was against opiates. I guess especially mine. I had fentynl patches, opanas, dilauted, and of course oxys. But he thought it smart to take them away without a taper. So I go and find pills on the street but then they get expensive, sooo..... I hopped on the h train, and haven't gotten off. But I have tried maNY different methods of opiate detox and they all worked I just have problems staying clean, or sober or nether really since I like cannabis, alot.
But I don't want this lifestyle anymore. I'm tired of the run a round. Get h use h wd from h, repeat. Ugh. Its not worth it anymore, there has got to be something better to look forward too. So now I'm looking at home detox, with kratom,thc, Loperamide and then suboxone for a few day after the wds to keep me from 1. Fiending/using 2. Being able to get high 3. As a little safety net.
Or go back on methadone. I made a pro/con sheet for methadone cause I have major issues with prolonged maintenance programs. But the pros greatly outweigh the cons. My main issues with it is I don't wanna just swap out the drug and I become very paranoid. And the methadone clinic I go to is 1hr away. so that's alot of hella early wakeups. And the weather system I live on and the one the clinic is in is different. It'll snow 6-8" at my house but be fine at the clinic and I'm scared I'll miss a dose or something. And one thing that got me paranoid last time was I was on the program for like 6 mnths hadn't had a dirty piss is like 4 months and had been on a stable dose for about 5 months. I was on a low dose, it worked for me. But when I wanted to decrease my dose or when I started to talk about starting a taper. Oh no! I "need" to stay on longer or I am showing drug seeking behavior! What! Really? Or is it really the fact that they want to keep us on a maintenance program so we stayed numb of life and keep coming back cuz were scared to wd, oh and I forgot about the huge check these places get for each one of us that get "treated" but even with a few of those cons the pros still are greater. So I already know what my choice should be at this point in my life. But I still would like to know what others think.
But anyways I lost both my legs so there's physical pain and all the trauma I've gone thru cuz of losing my legs, brings alot of mental health issues that I try to ignore or deny. And now that imma amputee everyone and there fucking dog stops to stare at me cuz I'm either in my prosthetics, that look a little different than normal legs and feet, or in my wheelchair, where I will always look different. So everytime people look at me I think they are plotting against me to finish the job the taliban couldnt. Then just regular depression and anxiety, about just going into a store for food or whatever. When I use, none of that matter anymore. I could care less. But I think that's why I keep messing up in recovery. I need to address the underlying problem which is my mental health.
Every time I look at myself all I see is a junkie who made every decision in life, wrong! Cuz thats what I see, a junkie, a soulless, thing, just waiting to die and hoping it come soon cuz I know my family will get my life insurance and all the money I got saved up. And that would be better than dealing with me, worrying about me every day hoping they don't find me dead. Wouldnt it just be easier if I did it and got it over with. I mean what do I really have to offer society anymore?? I don't know, besides draining the system for money and resources that could go to something or someone more worthwhile. Everything I do has to do with heroin. I know I shouldn't think like this, but what else should I think when I see the life I live, the people I associate with. And just my general health, like skin, personal hygiene, my eating habits. Usually I'm a health conscious person but now I could care less. I guess I just wanted to vent and see what people think about the opinions I picked. And maybe add some of your own thanks.

Thanks,
Mic.
. Hey man, I am sorry for your condition but you can be successful it is definitely possible. There are many success stories as I am sure you already know. I don't have any experience with heroin but I had a heavy opiate pill addiction that was extremely difficult for me to get through. I quit successfully with Kratom and then I found I was addicted to Kratom so I got a Suboxone program. That worked and then I stopped and went through pretty bad withdrawals for a week, which didn't kick in for five days strangely. I have a very weak discipline so I used loperamide and DXM for a while and als Tianeptine. It was a rough year goin back and forth. It sounds like you served in the military and I just want to tell you thank you for your service. I extremely grateful and fortunate to sleep and rise under the blanket of freedom and independence that all serving personnel have blessed me with. So I definitely respect and appreciate what you have done and I owe you a debt that I can never repay. There are many people on BL that have been in your situation so people with a lot more experience and knowledge on your subject can help you much more than I can. So I truly wish you the best and stay positive you can overcome any situation with the right help and your strength. I am also sorry for the people who look at you funny unfortunately there exists people who are very judgmental and arrogant and they have no idea how lucky they are to be living in this country. So again I pass on my gratitude and hang in there you can and will be successful, hang in there hekonis on the way.

Mikewashere,let me THANK YOU for protecting
the “free“World from those fanatics!
Man,YOU are a Hero and not being treated like
one breaks my heart,that is my fullest Opinion!!
YOU kept your cool in the Front,bet your
screwed Doc wouldve run crying!
Being soo cruel to YOU,just cutting
your meds,that Guy was born when
a cheapy pros took a crap and it felt
hard to push out!
World rarely treats us fair,xept few rich brats.
But Please Man,your pain makes me so sad
and angry,Please keep going,I will pray for You,
Sadly i cant really HELP YOU IRL cause
i live in Europe,but Please keep head up.
Wish You only the BEST
Mo

Thanks,
Mic.

On the methadone maintenance, I can say that I did the program for 2 years and it worked extremely well. Similar setup, would have to pay around $300/month and what was nice, I never abused opiates while on the methadone, nor did I ever abuse my methadone with double dose. It does a great job and separating you from the group which previously dealt with and the daily routine mindset that you have to get opiates to feel normal.

One of the major issues with methadone is that it is, of course, an opiate. I can't say its the best for everyone, but it worked really well over suboxone which I had previously tried and was unable to get sober with. Suboxone seemed to work for me more as an enabler than anything, I could use, then get sober, then use again, then get sober. The cycle continued.

The fear that comes with methadone is also a concern as you are still dependent on opiates, but one thing is does is keeps you off illegal drugs while you can cope with the concept and training you need to taper off. Opiate addiction is difficult habit to break.

If you are still using heroin or using any illegal substances, I would recommend the methadone program and stick with it for your 30 day supply then taper off the best you can. If you are just at the ends of your struggle, then something like suboxone does well.

If you are concerned about just continuing the opiate addiction on methadone as you will one day need to detox or taper from it, then try suboxone if you have the will power to stay clean and not use.

I would recommend first removing all your contacts and separating yourself from your drug dealer or drug using friends/associates to ensure even if you are tempted to go back, that you have to jump through hoops to complete the task.

If you are suffering from pain, you can look into subutex, but in this case, I would just use the suboxone on a daily basis. You can typically get insurance to cover suboxone along with getting 60 pills in a prescription bottle so it works pretty well.

Do what you believe will produce the best results in the end.

I remember the best part of getting clean. I was grateful every freaken day that I wasn't waking up SICK . I wasn't sick anymore, I didn't have to worry or panic about not having the money or especially..... the WAIT. The HUNT. I'd see friends going on ridiculous missions , WAITING , stressing out . The freaken RUN AROUND. It's been years but I still remember THAT . I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it anymore. All the TIME spent. .
I hope you decide to just let it go. The subs the m done. You won't be free until you do.
The way I quit was ... after being 100 percent sure that that was what I wanted . And btw it took a year from the time I decided to quit, to actually decide to quit. I switched from H to roxys, to get my tolerance down , after getting my tolerance down on the H of course.
I found a lot of it was mental
. I would watch the clock cus I had myself convinced that if I didn't shoot up every 4 hours I would get sick.
Ya it's pricey .
Anyway , I got on Suboxone, I took it at night cus I had a big thing about using in the morning.
I wanted to cut THAT habit out. So every night I dosed , took a Benzo and drank myself retarded for a month.
I didn't need to hang on that long , I was just scared. So I weaned off the sub till I was eating like .50 or .25 mg . Just a tiny speck of a strip. Then I used 10 mg Percocet to get off the sub and drank all the while. I think I used the oxy for 11 days... I know sub is pose to take 30 days to withdrawal from but maybe because I weaned down so much I was ok ? Idk.
But one time on a short binge some years after that , the sub didn't work as well and anyway I only stayed on it for 10 days and anyway I accidentally got myself in for 30 days of withdrawal. I should of been more careful with the mg . Anyway So I used oxy and got addicted to the oxy again , the thing I was originally kicking, so about 3 n half weeks into the sub withdrawal I switched to methadone and used it for FIVE DAYS. I was ok . I kicked the last part of the sub and the oxy left my system.
Subs are brutal. Even with the oxy I still felt like crap but I was cool.
My point is you can do it without getting so sick. I think Kratom is a great idea. Though I can't say from experience. I've heard good things.
Whiskey was my best friend during all that.