• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin causing heart pain, please help me figure this out. can anyone tell me why?

HumanOfEarth

Greenlighter
ive been a heroin user for eight years or so and i only snort it i never smoke it or shoot it. ive been getting strange symptoms from it the past couple months mostly related to my chest getting tight feeling in the center of my chest or moderate sharp pain right on my heart. i have been running through all possible causes but im convinced its the dope now. im trying to quit and i have a stock of subs now. i need to know if anyone else has had this kind of problem so i know what to tell my doctor. ive been in for various tests over the past couple months like ct scans stress tests. ive had episodes when my heart races from smoking weed and got plenty of ekg and basic cardiac blood tests when i visited the er. the panic attacks only happened a few times but they are entirely new ive never had any anxiety problems but the past couple months ive had anxiety or panic attacks a few times. but i can discern between those and the chest pain. i know i need to stop i dont need anyone telling me to quit i need some insight into your own experiences nd if anyone out there has an idea of what this could be. im totally out of ideas i cant find anything on the web and any doctor i talk to has no idea what it could be and most dont take me seriously they just think i want to keep doing dope and smoking weed. i havent smoked any herb in a month or more and im keeping an eye on my diet but i still have the heart pain and it always gets worse right after i sniff some dope. i really use a lot and i have been for a long time so i wouldnt be suprised to find out its caused by that but i need to know what the problem is so i know how to treat it. please any help would be greatly apreciated i dont know where to turn anymore and im worried somethings going to happen one dy and the emt and doctors will think its just a heart attack or something common and im going to die.

There's a whole host of possibilities, and I'm no doctor, but have you looked into supplementing with potassium (maybe even potassium, magnesium, calcium)? Low potassium can cause electrical problems within your heart, leading to chest pains. Dope slows your respiratory system, which could be exacerbating the problem and amplifying the pain you feel. You'd be able to tell if it was the dope itself by experimenting with a different stamp/brand to see if it does the same thing.

Alot of people think they have heart pain when really its gastric reflux/heartburn. Have you ever had a history of acid reflux or heart burn? When i was a daily user on heroin i got acidic reflux and gas built up all the time especially eating spaghetti or pizza. Any tomatoe sauce really. It felt like pain throbbing in my heart and scared the shit out of me. Sometimes id lay on my left side and try to burp the air out of my chest and sometimes it worked.

its definitely not acid reflux ive had that once or twice. and i take daily vitamins that contain potassium. i need to get vitamins more specific for the heart anyway but its not a deficiency and ive felt the electrical kind of pain before but this isnt like that. its more of a sharp feeling. it hasnt changed noticeably with different stamps i do think it could be a cutting agent. i feel a tearing kind of pain in the middle right of my chest most of the time and a similar feeling around where i think my pancreas is. the sharp pain shows up in my heart after i do the dope. ive suspected it being a liver or kidney issue but i had a urine and blood test that didnt show anything. although half the time im talking to doctors they dont seem to take me seriously or understand the point im making so i dont know for sure they looked for anything more than just a UTI with the urine test but in a cardiac blood screen they can tell to a certain degree if i have a liver problem. but i do feel like my heart pumps harder from just going upstairs and less intense physical activity than normal.

I have just had this same experience last 2 days and it's.a.New.bat,h first day intense feeling if heartburn 2nd day worst pain ever felt.like i was.going to vomit and then faint from the pain it was unbearable and now a buddy who did the same stuff.is experiencing the same.symptoms I mean,it was tearing tightening clawing tight worst pain right in my chest,below.my sternum thought heartburn bc it started out with a n initial,feeling if heartburn but quickly intensified to beyond unbearable and other insight i could only think to come.here to look bc this forum always has the answers

It could be lethal endocarditis or it could be gas. I'm not trying to be facetious here my friend, issues regarding your heart require medical attention.

I recall a batch of heroin doing the same kinda thing about a decade ago as there was a law and order episode that referred to it. Whatever clembuterol is has been detected as an adulterant in heroin in the past and apparently used like steroids?

I dont know much about heroin and dabbled here and there.

I would suggest getting an ecg done and telling doc you have random chest pains.

Do you think it could be strictly anxiety relating to that fact that you're going to be quitting soon? When did you get the subs and when did the pain start?

I know I could be totally off, but when my chest hurts, it never ends up being the drug, just stupid anxiety, which I have pretty bad.

When you were having your pain did they do an ekg? When you did your stress test did you have that pain?