• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Heroin bioavailability

incubud

Greenlighter
Okay I'm not going to shoot heroin, so I want to know the next best route. I'm not sure why but it seems next to impossible to find different bioavailabilities of heroin. I can see on wikipedia that it's "35% (orally), 44–61% (inhaled)," but I'd like to know rectal and insufflation percentages as well.

Though some are timid to admit it, I am amongst the experimental types and I always found 'liquid suppository' superior to smoking in terms of getting the most out of it if you're not wanting to inject.

I don't have the bioavailability on hand (having only a phone right now and being very busy with work and DOC limits my assistance and the footwork I am normally glad to do, esp. as a moderator)

As for a heads up if one chooses to do it in this way: oral syringes are rather large but I never had much difficulty in removing the hypodermic needle in whole. A lot of times I'd even use your basic pair of scissors and work the tapered part of the plastic tip off with a light sawing motion.

Then break it down in a half CC (give or take) and once it's a solution (I was using tar so it takes a second if you back-load, but you could even prep it in a spoon first, removing the needle-head correctly shouldn't interfere with drawing, but you could do this prior) administer it laying on your right side, a bit toward the prone position.

Note especially that after pressing the plunger down entirely, you should rapidly take the plunger out completely *without* the rest of the syringe barrel, leaving the base still inside; this prevents suction leakage. A moment or two later you can remove the barrel by the grip. Wait a couple of seconds to a minute later and voilà, you should get an onset, perhaps while still waiting, and depending on chronic tolerance, even a bit of a rush. The works get a bit messy, but I'd keep them cleaned and reuse. This was on occasion when I wasn't as experienced or was uncertain about my tolerance and the quality of what I was getting

I'm not sure why but it seems next to impossible to find different bioavailabilities of heroin

This is because heroin, diacetylmorphine, is a prodrug and has multiple differrent absolute bioavailability for the different metabolites, and you'd be hard pressed to find true, accurate data for any of those bioavailabilities. Insufflation is generally agreed upon to be around 50% (although this is not definitive and varies based upon metabolite) and I'm not sure of any definitive data on intrarectal bioavailability, though it may be known.