• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin and weight loss

Yeah like the other comment about candy and ice cream. That's all I want on dope is a joint and a milkshake

Any roa of dope or pills or stims will help lose weight lol I was the chunky kid in jr high until doin opiates in highschool not only made me feel great but helped lose the weight I hated all my life lol. Used to weigh 210 - 220 at my heaviest b4 frikkin highschool, then I was 120 b4 I got clean. Now I'm prob 140-160. Haven't done opiates in 3 1/2 yrs besides my subs. & I'm 5"8 1/4 lmao

It's lifestyle for sure. Remember Jerry Garcia? As he said in an interview once, "The thing that's different about me is I don't have to do anything. Somebody else does everything for me, pay my bills, cook my food, drive my car, bring me my dope. Not many people can do that, it's why I've had such a hard time kicking these (coke & heroin) for good". That was 1991, he was dead at 53 in 1995, mostly b/c of his diet, he was fat as fuck and ate terribly. He also looked 75 the year he died.

Wealthy addicts often gain weight, I did on methadone, 60 lbs.

Don't forget about John Belushi too. Wasn't Phillip Seymour Hoffman pretty tubby, too, when he died?

There are definitely plenty of fat heroin addicts out there. They usually have money, though, and don't have to decide whether they want to spend their earnings on food or drugs

I lost 30 pounds after using for a few years and as soon as i quit i gained 40 pounds back in 2-3 months.

I went to prison after a massive years long heroin binge and in 3 months gained 35 pounds. I still looked skinny because I was down to 165(when I went in) and I'm 6'3'' so being at 200 pounds I can carry it well.I still looked much better then the skeleton I was!!!!

I went on methadone less than two months ago and put 10 lbs back on already. I just didn't eat much for my 2 yr relapse. I'm happy where i am at now so its time to start eating healthier! I did need to put a few back on though.

Zeebeedee man wish I'd met you in uk I got so fat there last five years in London added 50+ lbs to my frame and I was on 320-480 mg Oxy/day!!!! So that's what made me gain like that when I thought it was the deep fried Mars Bars and Vickers Finger that did it.
im gonna try your diet for sure. Gym junkie minus the gym part tehehe

I was just curious why people on dope always look so skinny. But we're already strung out so it doesn't really matter anyway. But I like how the political correctness police took that ball and ran with it...
I agree I've been away from this forum for quite a few years and don't remember so many ppl using it as a forum for hating heroin
calling ppl assholes and the like just because you don't agree with a statement esp when your probably mistaking it's intent anyway. IMO blue light is not a place to pass judgement hows about either answering the op or refraining.

All opiates made me loose weight after being addicted for over a decade. Now Suboxone makes me loose weight. I eat extremely well and have access to a large garden with fresh produce, raise my own chickens and only eat locally produced food. I eat three times each day plus snacks. I eat just as much if not more then other family members who are at a proper weight. I exercise every other day. Opiates attach themselves to receptors in your gut slowing peristalsis and digestion thus causing constipation. This can most certainly cause weight loss problems in otherwise healthy individuals over long term periods. Some people gain weight. These side effects only started after being on pain medication for a long time. Now no matter what I eat or do the only way I can gain weight is to not take opiates. I have tested this multiple times stopping opiates while holding the same diet and exercise patterns. I quickly gained over 20 pounds in six months on 3 different occasions. I have had dozens of tests to see if something else was going on. They all came back negative.

Last edited:
yes. not only does it kill your appetite but you puke a lot if you take just a liiiitle too much

Answer

All opiates made me loose weight after being addicted for over a decade. Now Suboxone makes me loose weight. I eat extremely well and have access to a large garden with fresh produce, raise my own chickens and only eat locally produced food. I eat three times each day plus snacks. I eat just as much if not more then other family members who are at a proper weight. I exercise every other day. Opiates attach themselves to receptors in your gut slowing peristalsis and digestion thus causing constipation. This can most certainly cause weight loss problems in otherwise healthy individuals over long term periods. Some people gain weight. These side effects only started after being on pain medication for a long time. Now no matter what I eat or do the only way I can gain weight is to not take opiates. I have tested this multiple times stopping opiates while holding the same diet and exercise patterns. I quickly gained over 20 pounds in six months on 3 different occasions. I have had dozens of tests to see if something else was going on. They all came back negative.

Well I was originally on 2x40 Oxy and I lost heaps because I went back to the ocean and surfed for 4 to 6 hrs a day due to lack of pain but moved to London and within three yrs was on 6x80 Oxy a day which made sitting on my new 110kg ass not a problem :-() now back in sunnier climbs and on bupenorphene surfing a few times a week but cannot shift the weight not a fucking ounce of it. No constipation think it might be age related I'm hoping to hammer off a few kilos really :) will post back with ideas about releasing the "H" diet globally!

I'm jealous lol. Cuz i've been using H for a few months now and I've gained weight. Like 15 pounds or so.. I think I gotta quit just so I can get back into shape. It's all about what you eat I guess and if you even have enough energy to ever get to the gym.

Does smoking H make people lose weight? One of my friends is hooked on smoking H and she literally weighs like 90 lbs now. Before she was like 120 or 130. I thought only shooting up made people lose weight. Would smoking H make a person lose weight?

I don't really think it's that heroin makes people lose weight itself, its usually the life style. Every day your hustlin'