• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin and Suboxone - Precipitated Withdrawal

^Yeah, a lot of people say they feel better with lower doses. The right dose varies a lot from person to person and many doctors over-prescribe in my opinion.

Also i'd add that Naloxone isn't even active until you hit around 4mgs... so for the naloxone to really affect you, one would need to inject 2 full subs which is insane.
That's not true, naloxone is active at very small doses when injected. The normal dose to reverse heroin overdose is 0.4mg to 2 mg (given IV/IM/subcutaneously/nasally). The reason naloxone doesn't do much when you inject Suboxone is because the buprenorphine has a very high binding affinity for receptors, higher than naloxone's, so basically the bupe blocks the naloxone. That is why a buprenorphine overdose is very hard to treat.

Overdosing by bupe alone is almost impossible. In here ppl mostly drop on the bupe+benzo+alcohol combo which is very easy indeed.

That's not true, naloxone is active at very small doses when injected. The normal dose to reverse heroin overdose is 0.4mg to 2 mg (given IV/IM/subcutaneously/nasally). The reason naloxone doesn't do much when you inject Suboxone is because the buprenorphine has a very high binding affinity for receptors, higher than naloxone's, so basically the bupe blocks the naloxone. That is why a buprenorphine overdose is very hard to treat.

I agree. I believe that the most common injection of nalo for heroin OD is 1mg. However, it can go up to 10 mg. I'm thinking that you get multiple injections over a period of time if you land in the ER with a bad OD. You are correct about bupe being stronger. There is no coming back from a suboxone OD!

Hey so im not getting withdrawals so i can not use the cows scale to avoid precipitated withdrawal i only slipped a few days and want to get back on my subutex so how long do i need to wait to take it since the cows scale is irrelevant to me. How long aftermy last shot do i get back on my subutex if i dont take that as soon as possible im just going to end up getting more heroin so how long should i wait i usually crack the 12th hour. But everyone says wait till moderate withdrawal well i dont get to that point

I agree. I believe that the most common injection of nalo for heroin OD is 1mg. However, it can go up to 10 mg. I'm thinking that you get multiple injections over a period of time if you land in the ER with a bad OD. You are correct about bupe being stronger. There is no coming back from a suboxone OD!
Yeah, I accidentally OD'd after taking 800 mg of Oxycontin in a 12 hour period. I ended up in ER where they gave me 2 shots of Naloxone within the space of a few minutes. F***ing horrific experience. It felt like ice cold air was being pumped through my veins!