• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin and irritability?

observergirl

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I'm new to this website and relatively new to heroin and had a question about how h can impact mood...I tried h for the first time in August, took a break, and started up again in December. I've been using pretty much every day since then. This week I've noticed that using can make me irritable. It's nothing I act on but ordinary things that would usually not phase me immediately frustrate me. I was wondering if other people have experienced that too and also if it can be become permanent. The situation kind of freaks me out. If anyone is familiar with this feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, opiates can make people really cranky.
It's very common to get irritable. I don't know about it becoming 'permanent' but longterm use and especially addiction is probably not going to have a positive effect on your overall mood.

Didnt read muxh but the title but me and my girl were using for year and half and HELL YES after the peak is gone even if its got good legs we get irritable as hell

Edit the longer we were using the more irritable we were

This is very common, for sure. I think it's called 'opiate rage' or the like. Happened to me constantly when I was on oxy, not so much on heroin. I think it's more prevalent with the 'stimulating' opioids.

I had this as well in the beginning, then after methadone when I'd relapse I'd get angry anytime anyone bothered me while I was high, especially if I wanted to sit and nod out.

Among other reasons I think this is why many people prefer to use alone, I know this factor was for me a big driver of my preference to get off only when alone. Kinda of like someone walking in on you having sex - not going to be happy to have that interruption as your brain floods with endorphins. When I had a choice to use alone or with others unless I knew the other people would stfu I would go home and get high, unless I was sick, then as soon as In was well I'd go be alone.

Getting high on dope alone is extremely dangerous. I almost died several times. So... It's contrary to HR practices to use alone, so if this is your issue, find someone you can tolerate while high to help keep you safe.

I also notice that I get very irratable while high, as do many people. It's actually very common.

I get it, too. Especially during things involving me waiting, like being in a long line or being stuck in traffic or being behind some old lady in the grocery store as she counts pennies, etc

When it happens I recognize it and suppress it, though, because no one likes someone who becomes a little bitch when they're high.

Yes, I also get easily angry on opioids/opiates...and I hate it when someone interrupts my turn and wants me to do something for them...even simple tasks are annoying and I get the feeling that it destroys my whole turn.

I don't have experience with h specifically but can attest to irritability that worsens with extended opioid use. Nothing that hasn't gone away with discontinuation though.

Slow_Mobius hit me with that clock beat!
;)

Yeah I think its fairly common. It would happen to me, not all the time though, and I am a fairly easy going person. The worst for me is cocaine, if unexpected traffic hits after i hit the rock I feel like breaking skulls. Completely against my normal personality.

rarely happened to me with heroin, but with oxy i would get irritable more often. like if i did a dose and didnt get as high as id like to be i would get so pissed and throw shit. or if i would puke shortly after insufflation and i would see that i threw up what i swallowed from the drip, i would get furious. thank god those days are behind me and never planning on going back. 35 days clean!

I seem to notice it most when driving with someone else in the car. I usually want to just chill and listen to music or talk or whatever and inevitably the person I'm with wants to "chat"! Nails on chalkboard! It really drives me ape shit crazy!