• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin allergy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carleylen

Greenlighter
I?ve only ever snorted h. Ever time I do, I start wheezing really badly. I can barely breathe. I know opiates mess with your breathing but this is different then what people mean when they talk about that usually I think. Its gotten so bad before that I?ve had to go to the hospital and do breathing treatments a couple of times because I couldn?t breath. If I?m using a lot this can last for over a week sometimes. I don?t know what causes this. It doesn?t happen to anyone else I know that uses. Is it?s possible I?m allergic to heroin or something it?s being cut with. It?s pretty scary when this happens.

Last edited:
H is NOT pharmaceutical grade diamorphine; it contains norcodiene and traces of codeine and other alkaloids; not to mention MAM(though that is pretty much irrelevant

Have you ever taken morphine classic? Diamorphine (pharm grade H and the primary ingredient is literally just a prodrug for morphine, that rapidly delivers a large amount of morphine into the CNS, as opposed to morphine itself, which with fairly poor solubility gradually enters CNS, sometimes taking 20-30 minutes to peak

Point is, if morphine didn't cause the same reaction, then it pretty much isn't the diamorphine itself; and if vastly different batches did it, then we can't really say, ifbat ges were consistent then either a cut, or more likely other alkaloids, IMHO; even some unconverted morphine makes it through, and with low-mid quality dope, the histamine reactioncouod be causing problems

In any case you should REALLY AVOID doing H UNTIL you figure this out; any preexisting breathing problems? A week or days of fairly serious symptoms is simply NOT worth bumping a bit of h

@Lorne???
Yeah I haven?t done any since the last time this happened and I ended up in the hospital. Way too risky. I?ve just always wondered why this happened to me and no one else. But it doesn?t happen when I take prescriptions like roxys or tabs. I don?t think I?ve ever had morphine. I know I?ve never purchased it and I don?t think I?ve ever had it for any hospital visit. But every time I buy h, no matter who from or what batch it always does this to me. It wasn?t that bad when I first started using but it started to get worse the longer I used.

I?ve only ever snorted h. Every time I do, I start wheezing really badly. I can barely breathe. I know opiates mess with your breathing but this is different then what people mean when they talk about that usually I think. Its gotten so bad before that I?ve had to go to the hospital and do breathing treatments a couple of times because I couldn?t breath. If I?m using a lot this can last for over a week sometimes. I don?t know what causes this. It doesn?t happen to anyone else I know that uses. Is it?s possible I?m allergic to heroin or something it?s being cut with. It doesn?t happen when I do prescriptions like roxys or tabs. It?s pretty scary when this happens. Any idea what causes it?

Hi Carleylen.

You asked this question earlier today already. Please don't start new threads if you feel you didn't get a good answer; usually patience will pay off.

Unfortunately we can't speculate on what could be in your heroin that's triggering a reaction (not an allergic one, sounds like asthma to me). It's not likely to be the opiate if you've used others without problems. I'm assuming you've used other drugs up your nose before.

So it's probably something in it, but what is anybody's guess. I'm with Lorne, and you just need to stop doing it until you figure out what's going on.

So I'm sorry, but I have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.