• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin after Xanax

Xan_Man

Bluelighter
If I am somewhat tolerant to Xanax and take my last dose at 4pm, is it safe to snort Heroin about 8 hours later? The H would be in small amounts, which I have a slight tolerance for. Less so than the Xanax. Point is, I would not be taking either substance together. There would be a 8 hour gap.

If I were you I would do small bumps and wait to see where you wanna be. Especially if you took the xanax not long ago. Xanax has about a 12 hour half-life.

If I were you I would do small bumps and wait to see where you wanna be. Especially if you took the xanax not long ago. Xanax has about a 12 hour half-life.

So the xanax will still be a factor 8 hours later. So I should basically just take it really slow with my H intake.

Probably cut it in half and see how you are to do the other half. But being 8 hours later the alprazolam shouldn't be too big of a factor, but I'd play it same and do the cutting it in half first then seeing.

Good call. Would smoking a lot of cigs reduce the half life or is that just wishful thinking? Either way I'll take your advice about cutting in half

Good call. Would smoking a lot of cigs reduce the half life or is that just wishful thinking? Either way I'll take your advice about cutting in half
I wouldn't think cigs would affect it but no problem have fun man.

How much Xanax do you take a day? And how much can you handle at once/consume at once typically?

I'm not prescribed it. I go on binges once in a while. The last week or so I've been taking about 10 mg a day. I can handle about 4/6 at once before it gets blackout level. I sniffed .3 of H and was fine. I sniffed .1 about 4 hours after taking xanax, two hours later I sniffed .15 And I just woke up and snapped back to it. I need to cut the Xanax out NOW though because I've physically addicted and I NEVER wanna experience the seizures with no warning side effect

It's risky. Benzodiazepines exert effects on our bodies long after we believe they've worn off. Gather 'round children, it's time for Uncle Kief'(')s story time.

A few years back my posse of 4-5 users were hanging around waiting. We were all sick, so one guy took 1mg Clonazepam to help with symptoms. It was all he had. We'd been up all night sick, so you can imagine how we felt. This must have been around 5:00 - 6:00 in the morning. Well, we weren't able to score until around 9:00 that night. I remember it very clearly. We were all a typical group of junkie/friends, helping each other, using similar dosages, similar tolerances etc.

Well, we scored and we went back to the spot to do our shit. Well, the kid who had taken the Clonazepam over 15 hours earlier instantly turned blue and stopped breathing, while we were all simply "well". We had to call a bus to collect him and we took turns breathing for him while we waited.

Case in point: 1mg Clonazepam, 15 hours earlier, a normal dose of Heroin, what would've been certain death for my friend.

It's risky. Benzodiazepines exert effects on our bodies long after we believe they've worn off. Gather 'round children, it's time for Uncle Kief'(')s story time.

A few years back my posse of 4-5 users were hanging around waiting. We were all sick, so one guy took 1mg Clonazepam to help with symptoms. It was all he had. We'd been up all night sick, so you can imagine how we felt. This must have been around 5:00 - 6:00 in the morning. Well, we weren't able to score until around 9:00 that night. I remember it very clearly. We were all a typical group of junkie/friends, helping each other, using similar dosages, similar tolerances etc.

Well, we scored and we went back to the spot to do our shit. Well, the kid who had taken the Clonazepam over 15 hours earlier instantly turned blue and stopped breathing, while we were all simply "well". We had to call a bus to collect him and we took turns breathing for him while we waited.

Case in point: 1mg Clonazepam, 15 hours earlier, a normal dose of Heroin, what would've been certain death for my friend.
While that's a scary story, clonazepam has a much longer half life of 30 to 40 hours compared too the 11 hour half life of xanax. Did your friend make it by the way?

^Of course, that is true, but being that we deal with drugs of varying half-lives and durations of effect, I mostly just wanted to illustrate the fact that, even though you might no longer feel intoxicated at all by a Benzodiazepine, it could still contribute easily to your death. Yes, he made it. He's clean now too, as a matter of fact.

That’s a crazy story keif.

It’s one of those Harm Reduction staples, that opiates and benzos should not be mixed. Yet many casually ignore it, myself included.

I ignore it often.

And stories like that make me realize how lucky and stupid I am.

^True. If any of you have followed my posts over the years, I've told about a suicide attempt consisting of several mg's Alprazolam, Methadone, 750ml Liquor and survived. On another occasion, I consumed 4mg's Clonazepam and half a pint of vodka and wound up being intubated (tube stuck down throat). The point is, the unpredictability of our bodies and how little True understanding we have of how our bodies work, even if you "know everything" like some of us think we do, you really don't.