• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids heroin after suboxone

Sallyxxno

Greenlighter
hello all! not sure where to post this as i am new and this only my second post, but have surfed the site since start of my drug use...
so i’m an IV heroin user for 2 years now prob half gram or less a day and today i took, well actually IV 8mg/2mg suboxone and after so H plug finally hit me back so was searching all day to find an answer to my question: how long after suboxone should i wait before doing H? i found a variety of answers and it just kind of left me confused so i took what i found and went with what i knew as well.
13 hours after shooting suboxone i shot some heroin probably .15 (from the midwest not sure how everyone else scales) that’s almost = to or less than my normal does and surprisingly enough i got high! and not like a subtle but actually full on H high as if i hadn’t taken a sub at all.
most info i found on this topic was sparse and typical answers were to wait 24-36 hours or even longer. so i’m just here to share my experience! i also don’t take subs on the reg was just going through wd and couldn’t find h.
delete or close thread or move elsewhere if not allowed.
hope this helps anyone!

I’ll just add that the big variation in time is due to 2 factors.

1. How long have you been on sub. Was it just once at 2-8 mg or have you been on 16 mg for months. Obviously the longer and higher dose you took, the longer you have to wait.
2. What was the last dose of sub you took. Predictably, the higher the last dose was, the longer you have to wait.

Therefore it can be between 0-48 hours before you can get full or close to full effects.

Also, iv sub lasts far shorter than SL or intranasal, which also works in op’s favor.