• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin additc. Subutex or Soboxone advice

L0dgik83

Greenlighter
Hi All,

Im strung out at the mo after been 67 days clean back using about 2mnts not heavy use between .3 to .5 grams a day (Not top grade gear either by a long shot) , I only smoke. I Cant go cold turkey as I am a type one insulin dependent diabetic, going cold is not good for me and il end up in hospital very very sick!! 8)

Im going to get some subs... now all I need to know is the difference between the two...

Subutex or Suboxone, What is the one that has naloxone is in it? I think it is Suboxone am I correct? :?
Im gonna get 10 8mg 10 2mg to do a taper, that should be enough right? :?

Hope someone can help me out hear as I am supposed to be getting them Friday.

:EDIT:
My main question is which one does not have the Naloxone? Subutex or Suboxone?
I dont want the one that has naloxone because if I use (Not that I intent too) wile
taking one of these I dont want the naloxone cus that wil make me sick, withdrawal
right?

Thanks in advance 4 any help no matter how small ;)

Last edited:
Suboxone has naloxone in it, subutex is pure buprenorphine only.

Make sure you wait until you are in full withdrawal before you dose your subs, or you'll waste the sub and plunge yourself into precipitated acute withdrawal.

About using while you're on the subs, it's not the naloxone you need to be worried about. The naloxone in suboxone is completely inert, actually (despite whatever you read in the pharmaceutical literature or anywhere else). The reason for this is that buprenorphine has a MUCH higher binding affinity to your opiate receptors (it binds to them with more force than anything else that is present that can bind to them). While you are on the sub, you'll find it impossible to use any other opiate, even if you take subutex (which does not have naloxone). This is because of the binding affinity - the buprenorphine is bound on too strongly and everything else will bounce off your receptors.

BL is here to help you. Keep posting and the great community here will support you during your detox.

PS - You'll be fine with 10 8mg subs. It's more than enough for a good taper. How do you plan to taper?

Subs

Thanks I was sure the Subutex was just burp....... I had sooxone b4 didn't like them, Ya 10 8s is what I am after. That should be enough for a handy taper down. My usage is low at the moment anyway. Smoking only!! No IV in over 3 yrs thank god.

10 will probably even more than you'll need depending on how long your taper is scheduled for. I usually go 12-8-6-4-2-2-2-1-1-1-0.5-0.5-0.25 jump. That's just over 40mgs for a comfy 2-week taper

:)

Yea that sounds about right.... 40mgs is well enough but its better to have a few more then be short u know. Cheers guys.