• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Here's a Fucking Story

BillyPilgrim

Greenlighter
If anyone can suggest a proper thread I'd appreciate it. I've got to go cut my legs off now, or at least hop from one to another in spastic fashion.

Kilgore was twenty days without methadone. He’d managed to sleep from 8 in the morning to about four in the afternoon. Eight hours, certainly not an undisturbed slumber by any means but five more than he’d gotten since day three of his last dose. The decision had been partly his. For brevity’s sake due to financial restraints and a scheduling miscommunication that he blamed on the clinic he’d missed three days, third day being a Friday he’d have to restart on Monday. The longest weekend he’d ever experienced passed eventually. Being destitute and without old connections he had to suffer through. When Monday rolled around he found himself facing an old foe, paruresis. He simply can’t pee in front of people unless certain conditions were met. Most important of these was to be a bulging bladder and a beta blocker. He’d made sure to do both well before arriving but his intense social anxiety was amplified by the withdrawal. In desperation he had to sit on the toilet, which generally works as a last gasp effort, albeit with a lot of gas and the occasional ummmm, evacuation. The usual drop (their friendly euphemism for drug test with a guy watching everything) observer was a dandy middle aged black dude. Kilgore liked the guy and he was always patient and never made a big deal about the sitting down to pee thing, or anything else that might come with that. The two hour window for “stat” drops passed. Kilgore left, the brief respite brought on by Imodium and the promise of a dose at noon vanished replaced by an aching overall misery. Tears stung his eyes as he approached the bus stop. “Why can’t they just take blood?” he asked himself bitterly. At around 3 the next morning he’d vowed not to subject himself to that humiliation again. Day melted into miserable day. Hardcore sickness came and went with alarming irregularity. On day 18 the leg cramps returned with a vengeance only to mellow by the next morning. The vacuum that was his life loomed large. Thirty years old, living in his parent’s garage. No sex in over six years. No friend in the world. A 10th grade education. Self pity wracked him and he found himself listening to piano covers of Joy Division and The Cure on YouTube, imagining himself playing them himself and receiving adoration. The flights of fantasy seemed almost tangible for a minute or so and then he’d find himself weeping at his loneliness the next. He found himself emailing his ex-girlfriend that he hadn’t seen in person in over five years a few times a day with mostly self pitying drivel like this. Kilgore was inspired to write while re-reading The Slaughterhouse Five (whence came the moniker) just an hour ago and was about to give it up for the night. This exercise had revealed an unwelcome truth. Just like the decision to quit ‘done was only partly his and partly his embarrassment and circumstance, Kilgore realized that most every decision he’d ever made fit this same pattern.

that is an interesting story and really, really well written. If you had used paragraphs i would have mistaken you for an author. You really painted a vivid image in my head. I'm not sure if you are looking for writing advice or life advice lol, there's a place for both on BL.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for yet. I just had to do something last night or I would have gone crazy. I decided to stop lurking on BL and try to participate and such.

I salute you sir. I suffer from the same condition, fortunately when i go clinic to give them my bi-monthly sample they let me close the door and do it in private. And of course I sit down, I always sit down! Lovely stuff mate. Keep up the writing, but stop emailing her and keep telling us more excellent stories.

I salute you sir. I suffer from the same condition, fortunately when i go clinic to give them my bi-monthly sample they let me close the door and do it in private. And of course I sit down, I always sit down! Lovely stuff mate. Keep up the writing, but stop emailing her and keep telling us more excellent stories.

Thanks man I was certain I wasn't the only one. You've got it easy over there in England. Even for guys with 5 take homes they hit you once a week. Just out of curiosity do you get the green methadone there? Every documentary I've seen regarding maintenence in the UK the 'done is green and there's a lot of it. What's the MG/ML? Do you go to a pharmacist or is there an official "clinic"? So many questions.

ha ha! I'm currently on subutex but have been on methadone a few times. Yes it is green, and in this country you are typically started off very low (no matter how much you use) 30ml to 50 ml and then adjusted accordingly. It is so fucking easy to get scripted over here but what they do in generosity they lack in correct prescribing. You could be injecting 0.5 a day of heroin and they would only give you 65ml. It's fucking pathetic really. It is really quite rare to be on over 100ml over here, and as we all know 65ml barely holds any of us. You start at a clinic and then get moved to your local pharmacy. And your personal history (age, drugs, work, crime whatever) tends to dictate whether you have a take home.

I have to go to the the pharmacy 3 times a week to take home my subutex which is a pain in the ass, but a lot better than sitting and sipping. Having to take your subutex in front of paying customers at a pharmacy is fucking degrading, even worse than quickly downing your 'done. With that being said it's odd that they are so nice when it comes to letting you piss in private. I can only speak for England by the way (and even this small country is notorious for each local authority having a different method to the next one).

But yeah there is a lot of methadone and when you are referred by your doctor (or self referred) to the local drug clinic they basically give you a choice between home detox with britlofex, zopiclone and valium, subutex or methadone. It's great for those of us that genuinely want out but equally good for those wanting an easy druggy lifestyle. And oh yeah, it's free8)

Do you have the phenomenon known as 'spit meth' over there? (coz we don't have crystal meth much, methadone is known as meth pretty much everywhere as opposed to 'done) Junkies over here are known to hold their meth in their mouth and then spit it back out in a bottle and then sell this on at a £1 per 10ml, or a rock of crack for 70ml upwards. Or just to save it so they can at least get high off their gear.

Maybe it is time now to change your life for the better. I also quit methadone with 30 years for good, i have wasted too much lifetime on this stuff. I can relate to most of your problems as i have been through them. Oddly enough in 7 years of methadone usage i had never to pee in front of staff. BUT when i got clean because of a court order: in detox , rehab and half way house i mostly had to pee in front of the staff it was so stressfull for me, i was many times close to crying. Sometimes they let me take off my cloth and let me pee alone. Maybe you should check in a rehab facility. In my country they are free, paid by our ridiculus health care system, and some of them are very nice. We had time to work out all day, the meals were good, the cleaning personal was excellent. My harddrive got filled with the latest films and musik of all kinds of genres. And there were even some nice girls to fuck, finally after years. ;)

Nice story :) Gonna move it to words though, seems more fitting there.

TDS ----> Words