• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Herald Sun Article 28/10/03 "Party drug GHB toll mounts"

Whenever I bought G when I was doing it, I would only buy it pure in advance and test it out at home. Even despite all my precations, I still managed to have a costly trip into the hospital. RESPECT it kiddies!

ha ha. Make Drugs More Available / Many Dopey Mondays Ahead

In fact, they have even asked me to take the staff of the Drugs and Crime Prevention Committee and some of the politicians on a guided tour of the Melbourne dance scene on a friday night, to see for themselves the context of a rave, party or club occasion.

I don't post much on here, but it would be really useful if your 'tour' included passing venues at closing time that sell alcohol and venues where the punters are mainly e-hanced to see the difference in the antisocial behaviour of the pissheads in comparison to the ain't life great behaviour of the pillheads.

RaveSafeVIC said:
In fact, they have even asked me to take the staff of the Drugs and Crime Prevention Committee and some of the politicians on a guided tour of the Melbourne dance scene on a friday night, to see for themselves the context of a rave, party or club occasion.

Bwahahahah funniest thing i heard all day, but i support it wholey!

wouldnt mind busting a move off chops with steve bracks on the middle of the dancefloor at * listening to *!

[Edit: Venue details removed. Read the guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravesafe! pleeeease don't take them to some dodgy place like..oh i dunno * or *......(did i just break guidlines??? oh shit)... take em to a psy-trance doof!!! way better atmosphere. lose the 'angry' dancing to the melbourne shuffle ;)

[Edit: Venue details removed. Tip: If you think you're gonna break the guidelines, you probably are. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah hahaha I was about to say. Show em what RESPONSIBLE drug use is about, don't take to a room full of gurning kids who'll probably try and hug the guy at every turn, while drooling on him at the same time. I doubt drool is the kind of experience you want to give them.

That's a pretty interesting idea. Working in the Victorian Public Service, I can tell you that a lot of the people around me haven't a clue what goes on when I head out on the weekends to clubs and parties. I guess if they're open-minded enough to want to see for themselves, it certainly can't hurt.

Instead of a Friday night approach, I would personally take them out on a Sunday morning, but that's just my scene I guess since I don't go to rave clubs.

From my point of view, what you have in the Melbourne scene in terms of drug use, and these are generalisations of course, is Friday nights are younger kids in their late teens, early twenties, usually working part-time or studying and generally drawn to the hard trance/hard house clubs. Saturday nights are more mid to late twenties, working full time professionials; accountants, business-types, IT, call center workers and nurses and more often drawn to house/commercial clubs, also more often seen at day clubs on Sunday mornings in the Prahran area.

The first crowd you'd see more pills and speed, the second you'd see more coke. Though G is generally as popular among both groups, if you really want to see lots of G though (or any drug for that matter), the gay scene is the best place to go.

Personally, I don't envy your task, but it sounds like fun =D

I don't post much on here, but it would be really useful if your 'tour' included passing venues at closing time that sell alcohol and venues where the punters are mainly e-hanced to see the difference in the antisocial behaviour of the pissheads in comparison to the ain't life great behaviour of the pillheads
Show em what RESPONSIBLE drug use is about, don't take to a room full of gurning kids who'll probably try and hug the guy at every turn, while drooling on him at the same time.
Doesn't the idea that these comments may be necessary imply that the 'scene' is only acceptable if taken 'in context'? What is the problem with accepting the drug-taking public of Melbourne at face value? The reality of the situation is that all levels of drug use are present in our community, from occasional responsible educated drug use right through to naive reckless polydrug abuse.

If we need to warn people in advance that things look worse than they really are, does that imply that the distribution of drug users is skewed toward the irresponsible? In my opinion, if this is the case then it should be acknowledged, because it is a situation that requires addressing.

BigTrancer :)