• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Her Name Was Rachel Hoffman

the girl never should have agreed to snitch that's just common sense but the cops that put her in that situation deserve far worse than what she got

yes

Some people seem focused on the fact that her life would of been ruined if she hadn't turned snitch and that she had a lot of pressure put on her, I don't disagree with that but the fact of the matter is she was willing to turn around and ruin two other peoples lives even worse than hers would of been for the sake of saving her own skin. She had 5 ounces of cannabis the second time she was caught, to me that pretty clearly indicates she was dealing to some extent, probably just selling to cover her smoke and maybe a bit of pocket money on top but regardless she was in the game to some extent and everyone should know better than to snitch.

Also, she was 23 years old, the article makes out like she was a child or something, yeah 23 isn't particularly old but it is well and fucking truly old enough to be making life and death decisions for yourself, I mean if 23 isn't mature enough to make decisions like this then where is the line?

The drug laws are bullshit but when you get into taking and especially dealing drugs you know what these laws are, yeah it sucks when you get caught but how is it right or fair to go and fuck over people with the same drug laws by snitching on them? I wont say she deserved what she got but I do feel she put herself in this mess, the police clearly fucked up by losing track of her and having convinced her to be in this ridiculous situation but ultimately she would not of been there if she did not agree to dog the fuck out of two other human beings.

refusing to provide basic information can lead to suspicion. dealing with cops is bad, and it is best to keep them on your side and avoid arousing a policeman's yearning to be a detective and investigate something.

If you are driving to the grocery store to buy pizza because your high and the cops pull you over, it is easier to say your are going to buy groceries, than it is to say "I don't want to talk to you" when they ask where you are going.

I believe he means when they are trying to question you.

What I posted above is in relation to that. I meant, once police are suspicious of you and want to bust you or if they have busted you. If they have busted you, it is best to say absolutely nothing to the officers.

@drug_mentor, that is what I was thinking.

Some people need to learn to be responsible for their actions. Death is not a suitable punishment for what she did but neither is prison for drug offenses. I wonder how many people would be alive and happy today if the war on drugs never happened.

refusing to provide basic information can lead to suspicion. dealing with cops is bad, and it is best to keep them on your side and avoid arousing a policeman's yearning to be a detective and investigate something.

If you are driving to the grocery store to buy pizza because your high and the cops pull you over, it is easier to say your are going to buy groceries, than it is to say "I don't want to talk to you" when they ask where you are going.

Then the cop goes "Oh, that's interesting, we just busted a crack dealer in the grocery store's parking lot... I get the suspicion there's something you're hiding from me."

Cops (as well as anyone who is motivated to) can take anything you say and use it against you, even when you think it's harmless, honest information.

Of course for real going to the grocery store is in itself legal and you have nothing to fear by sharing that, still food for thought.