• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Hemlock Grove

DrinksWithEvil

Bluelighter
Netflix original now streaming all episodes.. I'm hooked and not even through the first episode... Beautiful actors and actresses.. It's like an adult twilight but better

Just watched the first episode this morning and Twilight came to mind. You're right though it is better and more adult themes. What did the werewolf kid call the Godfrey kid a nupier or lupier or something like that. I couldn't hear it clearly.

It's like an adult twilight but better

Well, it certainly couldn't be any worse than Twilight, but it's been getting really shit reviews from every reviewer/critic I've seen so far. Honestly, your appraisal of the show has been the most positive that I've seen.

Cool I'll watch it tonight. I'm waiting for the guy to turn into a werewolf. Thats how I heard about this show in the first place.

I'll admit it has its ups and downs s... Lots of gore. Creepy at times... I'm at episode 5 and I think it's going tob start picking up.. Also at times in had to rewind just to figure out what's going on.. Lots of subplots.... Right now it's dropped to a 6.5/10

Last edited:
Watched episode 2. Cool werewolf transformation, maybe the best I've seen. Does Roman have a thing for his cousin or what? I hope it picks up it seems kind of slow.

it's up at 7.3/10 now on imdb. Sounds ok, i'll give it a watch sometime.

I just started watching this series too, kind of odd. Hard to follow. But the wolf transformation was the best i've ever seen .

He calls him an "Upyr" a vampire like creature from slavic folklore. they can mesmerize and heal very quickly. It says that when he was in the bathroom with that girl it was because she was on her period. That's also why Roman likes to cut himself.

I have to say, I wanted to like this show and after House of Cards I thought I just might.... but.... its bad. After twilight and tru blood its very difficult for me to appreciate anything like this.

I have to say, I wanted to like this show and after House of Cards I thought I just might.... but.... its bad. After twilight and tru blood its very difficult for me to appreciate anything like this.

This is the reason I'm not watching. Watching True Blood might be the greatest mistake I ever made. I've stuck with it too long to give up on it now, out of some masochistic, obsessive compulsive impulse, so even as it gets worse and worse, I punish myself by watching it every Sunday it comes on. I always watch it before my other shows, because I just like to get it out of the way. It's so terrible, it's a parody of itself at this point, which is sad because it basically started off as a parody. So it's a parody of a parody. I cannot believe how far Alan Ball has fallen, from American Beauty and Six Feet Under, to this. What the fuck happend? Alzheimer's? Lewy body dementia?

Whatever, that's the reason I am not even giving this show a shot. No fucking way am I getting sucked into wasting another 13 hours of my life every year.

This is the reason I'm not watching. Watching True Blood might be the greatest mistake I ever made. I've stuck with it too long to give up on it now, out of some masochistic, obsessive compulsive impulse, so even as it gets worse and worse, I punish myself by watching it every Sunday it comes on. I always watch it before my other shows, because I just like to get it out of the way. It's so terrible, it's a parody of itself at this point, which is sad because it basically started off as a parody. So it's a parody of a parody. I cannot believe how far Alan Ball has fallen, from American Beauty and Six Feet Under, to this. What the fuck happend? Alzheimer's? Lewy body dementia?

Whatever, that's the reason I am not even giving this show a shot. No fucking way am I getting sucked into wasting another 13 hours of my life every year.

Yeah I did the exact same thing, only I lasted just the first 3 seasons. It used to be a good show, but eventually became shallow and dumb. I just stopped watching.