• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Helpful tips ?

Speeedmagic

Bluelighter
Hello all, I am lucky enough to be perscribed 40mg of adderall XR, 10mg of Valium, and 1mg of klonopin daily..I also have plenty of (pre-perscribed) gabatentin, and lyrica lying around...anyways my tollerence to amphs, and benzos is just through the roof. The phisical dependence is so very real. I do need these medications to function, as I am diagnosed MDD, ADHD, and panic disorder. I feel I need higher doses, but it will never end as tollerence will just keep on growing. I also have extensive opiate experience, and have quite the psycological addiction there... I'm asking for some tips from one addict to another..

Hi I take the same meds and over time the good effects are gone and you just need more more n more.

do you still get the good effects of adderall.? Can u tell me how long it lasts for u?

Yeah man, so around last year was when my addiction to speed was its worst. I was on 200mg of vyvanse 50-100mg addy daily for about a month and a half.. Lost its magic ofc. Took some time off to detox completely. Fast forward a few MDs and now here I am.. I need at least 40mg of addy to feel it, so I'll take that in the morning, and on a work day I'll typically take another 20xr around noon. I'll be baseline again around 5-6? But keep in mind I do take .5mgKpin+5mgval during the speed.

Can u tell me how many days a week u work? Since ur working u deffo can't stop the addy and since u take addy u also need the benzos.

5 days a week, 8 hours a day. At least my doc and I have a great relationship and I do respect his philosophy on both Benz/amps. "Take the smallest dose that you NEED". Because let's be real, addiction sucks..but so does sobriety;)

I was going to maybe suggest at our next appmt, getting 30mg XRs (to take in the AM) and 20mg IR to take at noon??

I was going to maybe suggest at our next appmt, getting 30mg XRs (to take in the AM) and 20mg IR to take at noon??
Ya dude I think a booster dose will help u get thru the work week...for a while at least lol.

I found that when I stop everything during the weekend (and it ain't easy cuz I feel like SHIT), the meds work way better on Monday. I don't know if ur down with that tho...

Back when I had access to opiates, I could just replace my addy with them as they help with energy. But I don't got any and atm and doc won't gimme that

I also got lyrica in my arsenal so I could use that. I hear it's good for anxiety (and possibly energy), maybe add some coffee to boost the energy part and use that on ur adderall off days...

Cuz let's face it, tolerance goes up with daily use so we do gotta build a game plan for the long term bro.
Right now I'm doing the on and off thing . Some days I feel like arse so I can feel good on others.

Last edited:
Yeah I do the weekend thing occasionally, not as often as I'd like to because like you said it's really shitty. Almost a guaranteed way for me to sleep my weekend away lol...As for lyrica, it makes me really sleepy, and I get horrible double vision, even on low doses! I drink an absurd amount of caffeine daily anyways.. On the topic of opiates, there's hardly ever a super consistant steady supply (at least in my case) to help with replacement, and I'm already super psycologically addicted to them so I can see the phisical addiction developing easily. They do help me replace or at least take less of my benz

I agree there's gotta be a way to make this work long-term because all this shit is chronic..