• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with xanax withdrawl

Shadowp21

Greenlighter
Hi i have been taking anywhere from 1-3mg of xanax daily for the last 25 days. It has been purely recreational as i have been getting it from a friens i hang out with and i have been drinking steadily throughout. I really want to stop cold turkey but im scared i will have withdrawl symptoms. For the last week i have been attempting to taper myself and only taking 1.5mg xanax and for the next two days i will only take 1mg but i need help with a taper plan or just advice. Thank you.

*EDIT*

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽<666 illuminati lucifer6 luciffer i am a vessel 66)

Last edited:
Try to get yourself down to one mg then .5 mg. 25 days is not too long but your doses were a bit high. Are you still drinking too?

Xanax is prescribed here in the US to as low as 0.25mg. My suggestion is to do 2 weeks (from experience) 1mg for 2 wks, than 0.5 for 2 wks, 0.25 for 2 wks. However, as stated, a physician based taper is the best route to go.
As far as the alcohol, it is never good to mix the two but you've already been doing so. Just be careful.

If you can find some diazepam which is a long acting benzo that would be a good start. So if you were taking 1mg xanax i would start out by taking 20mg valium after a week drop down to 15mg then gradualy keep dropping 5mg every week until you were comfortable to stop with NO VALIUM.?

Hi i have been taking anywhere from 1-3mg of xanax daily for the last 25 days. It has been purely recreational as i have been getting it from a friens i hang out with and i have been drinking steadily throughout. I really want to stop cold turkey but im scared i will have withdrawl symptoms. For the last week i have been attempting to taper myself and only taking 1.5mg xanax and for the next two days i will only take 1mg but i need help with a taper plan or just advice. Thank you.

OP (shadowp21) how's it going?

Yes please let us know how it's going. I am new to this so I'm not quite sure how it works. I have been taking .25 mg of xanax for a little under a month for anxiety, but not everyday. I take some 2-3 days in a row with 2 days off. I'm trying to get feel for if I am going to WD as I haven't taken an for 3 days and I feel totally off. Like I can't put my finger on it so I'm trying to look at other pots with similar circumstances to get an idea.

Yes please let us know how it's going. I am new to this so I'm not quite sure how it works. I have been taking .25 mg of xanax for a little under a month for anxiety, but not everyday. I take some 2-3 days in a row with 2 days off. I'm trying to get feel for if I am going to WD as I haven't taken an for 3 days and I feel totally off. Like I can't put my finger on it so I'm trying to look at other pots with similar circumstances to get an idea.
You have been taking the lowest prescribed dose for a short period of time. Honestly, you should not have any w/d at all. Only a very slight change in mentality, but nothing drastic at all. You'll be fine.:)

Have a look at the 'Ashton Manual' which is an excellent resource for benzodiazepine discontinuation and gives good examples of dose titration schedules. What is a good thing is that you have not been using Xanax for an extended amount of time so hopefully you should not suffer too much. Try to reduce the dose gradually as previously stated if you have access to 0.25mg tablets. If you find this too difficult you could always switch to a longer acting benzo such as Diazepam and gradually reduce from there. I wish you all the best!

Thank y'all for the advice! Today is day 4 and some new symptoms popped up. I have bouts of body sensitivity where it feels like every molecule is buzzing around my skin and everything feels so heavy. I'm not in pain just achy. And my mental status is so blah. Like nothing phases me mentally. It feels empty.
I'm hoping this is the extent of the symptoms and tomorrow will start subsiding. Crossing my fingers.