• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with Tasmanian Poppies In My Yard!

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
So when I usually get done with my PST I dump all the seeds all over the front of my house since it has a nice dirt:mulch ratio. A few of them are flowering, a few are just about to. I have a few questions for anyone who can help!

Is it correct that the ENTIRE plant contains alkaloids? Leaves and stems included.

If I were to just pull one out now and eat it, would it contain enough alkaloids to achieve any effect?

Speaking of the last question, I assume you just have to "eat" the pods correct? I don't really want to go through the process of bleeding them and drying them out for two weeks. I only had enough that grew for maybe a few doses (assuming they're any good)

Any and all help is greatly appreciate guys!

Stay safe,
-MF4M

Were the seeds any good? If so the pods should be too.

There is a little bit of morphine in the stem/leaf but it is very small. I have actually made tea from a large amount of dried stems (like from 10+ plants) and it does work eventually. You won't have enough to make it work for you.

I would let them mature, then dry them. After drying remove the seeds and crush up the pods and brew into tea.

Were the seeds any good? If so the pods should be too.

There is a little bit of morphine in the stem/leaf but it is very small. I have actually made tea from a large amount of dried stems (like from 10+ plants) and it does work eventually. You won't have enough to make it work for you.

I would let them mature, then dry them. After drying remove the seeds and crush up the pods and brew into tea.
Yeah the seeds were pretty good. I don't mind letting them mature but is the drying and grinding process really necessary? So much easier to just eat a pod or two lol.

A friend's grandmother had P. somniferum growing like mad all over her backyard for years. We used to milk the pods and put the dried resin on our weed sometimes. It doesn't take more than a few hours for the resin to dry, and maybe another day for bleeding lol. And that was with 30+ plants.

Ok so I will not even try eating a few whole plants to test their potency. I guess I'll wait till they flower and the petals fall off. It still doesn't make sense though why I would HAVE to dry them or even cut them open for the "opium" anyway. Our bodies are mostly water and morphine is water soluble. Or does the drying and bleeding process increase the potency? As of now I have 13 plants that are flowering or about to and at least two new ones have sprouted since yesterday. The pods are pretty small though. Anyway, thanks for all the help guys. I still just want to know if I can just rip out the whole plant once the petals have fallen and use the straw/leaves for tea and just eat the pods whole.

Ok so I will not even try eating a few whole plants to test their potency. I guess I'll wait till they flower and the petals fall off. It still doesn't make sense though why I would HAVE to dry them or even cut them open for the "opium" anyway. Our bodies are mostly water and morphine is water soluble. Or does the drying and bleeding process increase the potency? As of now I have 13 plants that are flowering or about to and at least two new ones have sprouted since yesterday. The pods are pretty small though. Anyway, thanks for all the help guys. I still just want to know if I can just rip out the whole plant once the petals have fallen and use the straw/leaves for tea and just eat the pods whole.
You don't wanna eat the pods trust me lol. The taste is god awful. I can't help but visualize you biting into it like a fucking apple 😂 🤢 crunch crunch
Just sit tight and wait for them to mature then start scraping those pods. With 13 plants and a little patience you'd probably get a nice ball of opium.

You don't wanna eat the pods trust me lol. The taste is god awful. I can't help but visualize you biting into it like a fucking apple 😂 🤢 crunch crunch
Just be patient and wait for them to mature then start scraping those pods. With 13 plants you'd probably get a nice ball of opium.
I actually love that chemically bitter taste. I've ate a pod before but it was either too small or not potent enough for me to notice an effect. Really wasn't that bad lol. And with the reward of a 12 hour opiate buzz? I wouldn't care if it tasted like literal poop 😂. I just want to know whether that will be fine or not. I'm worried about scraping them because with my lack of a green thumb I would make too deep an incision and fuck them up.

Papaver somniferum plants are inedible. Even making pod tea is frankly nasty.

That said the whole plant does contain alkaloids; commercial production of opium alkaloids are done by extracting whole mulched poppy plants ("poppy straw").

Scoring opium poppies and collecting the resin is not as difficult as you would expect. There are farmers who use little more than a lid from a tin can to score poppies. If you do overscore the poppy it will srill produce opium though. The recommended depth is about 1mm, try filing a little mark into the surface of a razor blade to gauge the depth. With a careful touch you can feel the appropriate depth to score the pod.

Fun fact: it's not strictly necessary to let the opium latex dry on the pods. I recall reading the Colombian farmers will collect the fresh latex and process that. Yes, it has more water in it (a lot), but there's no need to have it sit on the poppies all day.

You can also simply uproot a few dozen, hang them indoors upside-down, and score them there. You will only get one "harvest" from each plant but it's better than nothing. Anyone ask what you're doing picking poppies, you're picking flowers for a centerpiece on a table or some shit. Much less heated than literally loitering in poppy fields with an opium soaked blade.

Last edited: