• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with suboxen please!

nikki8o5

Greenlighter
I'm stopping my 1+year heroin habit.( I'm down to less than half a gram of black a day.) This past month I've been collecting and saving all the suboxen I can find. My question: ***HOW DO I CORRECTLY TAKE THE SUBS I HAVE?***I have the following: 4 of the 8mg strips. 6 of the 4mg strips and 15 of the 2mg pills.* Can I even take the pill form together with the strips or no? ?? I start tomorrow

There is no methadone/suboxone clinics near you? That's your best bet but if that's not available which is a high possibility, I would start with 8mgs for 2 or 3 days. And gradually drop it a couple mgs every 2 to 4 days whatever your comfortable with. But to be honest this is a pretty rapid detox and you will probably still feel uncomfortable. That's why at methadone clinics you can gradually decline but the one I went to they put the addict in charge of the dose... you could get stuck there forever. Good luck! it's not easy, but it is very possible.

Hey Nikki, first: congrats and best of luck! Second: be safe. I just got through with a medical detox program from a HIGH level of opiate pain management. I'm not sure what availability of something like that is in your area. It was a little like a mini medical spa crossed with lockdown. The good thing was, it was all medically supervised, and they helped with educating on addiction issues to prevent relapse. It was far more comfortable than doing it on my own, because they gave me other meds to address high blood pressure/restless legs (clonidine), swelling (lasix/clonidine) nausea (immodium, zofran or phenergan), sleeplessness (trazadone) and the anxiety (vistral) that's inevitable with detox. I actually had enough buprenorphin at home to do it on my own, but I think I made the right decision. HOWEVER, if you're really wanting to do this on your own, you need to know that the agonist (naloxone) in Suboxone will kick ANY opiate out of your system and initially makes you ill. Expect that. There was a girl in there on as much heroin as you're doing now and they made her wait 24 hours since her last use. Just to make sure she wouldn't get super sick as it kicked all the heroin out of her system. Basic rule, make sure you're in near unbearable withdrawal: at least 18 hours since last use. 1st day: 8mg 3-4x/24hrs (every 4-6 hrs or until you're feeling a little shitty), 2: 3-4 6mg. 3: am 6mg noon 2mg pm 6mg. 4: 2mg 4-5x/day. 5: 3x/day. 6: 2-am/pm. 7: 1 at bed. 8: Donezo. Yeah, that's aggressive, but doable. Stock up on Imodium, diurex (swelling), Tylenol pm, Benadryl (anxiety), ibuprofen (aches), or kratom or weed. Good luck and please have a backup plan in case you think it's not going well. Try finding HA meetings too, for some support.

You can PM me if you have questions or other concerns. I wish I wasn't as knowledgable about this, but, I literally got out today. Btw, I was on 100mcg fentanyl patches, plus 300mg oxy and 40mg hydrocodone/day for 8 months when I went in and got through detox in 5 days. I wanted an aggressive, quick detox and I did it with 1/2 the discomfort I expected. My doc agreed and only gave me 8mg for the entire first day, 6 the next, then 4, then 2, then adios today. I think you'll be ok with your stash. Keep a few pills just in case you need a few more days. You know your body.

Try the subs.. and yo, its not, suboxen, its suboxone, just so you know!;) Also, I will say, they have totally 100% helped me stay off of dope. I currently take subutex, basically like suboxone, without the naloxone which is added to suboxone strips/pills, just buprenorphine HCL.. and subutex comes in flavorless, white tablets for the most part of the different generics out there.. there is one that's orange, never tried it though.. I have been on suboxone, in the past, hated the strips, loved the tabs, especially the ones that are white, without the orange shit flavor they have, yuck! that is the one thing I REALLY hated about suboxone tabs, and the strips, I thought and still think are way overpriced, and over rated, the tablets are just as good if not better IME.. and love subutex even more, even though they are almost the same feeling, subutex, has a bit more, "cleaner" and nicer feeling to it, IME, and opinion, but lots will say they are exactly the same too... I disagree, but they aren't too much different... anyways, yes, you can take pills and strips, together, I would take them under your tongue like they are designed to be taken, and see how you feel... I always found plugging a much more effective way to take both suboxone and subutex, but don't resort to it, unless you get nothing out of sublingual, which most people usually always get something out of... even if its not the most efficient way, I am not going to recommend using them other ROAs(routes of administration or different methods, IE sniffing, plugging, shooting, etc.), but if you ever feel you aren't liking subs, under the tongue, try them rectally or plugged. its safe, relatively easy, has a very fast onset, and much higher absorption rate than sublingual, in my honest opinion.. its a bit time consuming.. but worth it, if you feel like you would rather go back to dope.. which even if you do abuse sub, it is not nearly as dangerous, as abusing dope! never! it has a better effect when taken in doses less than 8mg IME, and most with people, less is actually more with this drug, suboxone or subutex, any form of bupe! they all work pretty much the same, keeping your withdrawl at bay, and cravings a lot less intense, and if your like me, totally gone, without constantly having to redose because they last for ever even just 2-4mg will probably last someone new to them, like all day, I would never bother exceeding at the VERY most 16mg, or 2 8mg tabs/strips, in one day, after 8mg its pretty much overkill with subs! Just try not to get addicted to suboxone, as it is probably every bit if not more addicting than H, once your on them for long enough... and doing a quick taper, is your best option, if you truly feel like you wont go back to dope, as soon as you taper off the subs... That was my problem, hence, why I am pretty much stuck on subutex ATM, I tried to taper, but I couldn't make myself, totally stay away from either subs or full agonist opiates like heroin, it was either one or the other, so I chose subs... have stayed on them most of the 5 years I have been getting prescribed them, with a couple dope relapses, but haven't touched or even though of touching dope, for 13 months now. So yes, they will help, just take a little getting used to... after a week you will probably have made a transition to subs, and not really crave dope AS bad.. the first week or so, is a bit hard.. but do able.. Try to find a GOOD suboxone/subutex doctor near by your area, and get prescribed them, if you really want to stay off dope.. try to do a taper, if it doesn't work.. get on maintanence, which is still, a better option than doing dope, and much safer, as well as totally cheaper and legal! you most likely wont regret making the switch from dope to bupe.. Good luck, feel free to ask away if you need help with anything sub related, I have been on them forever, and have tons of experience with them.. Sorry, I tend to write long ass posts, but I just like to make sure to cover all the bases when I post something like this.. forgive me for the book I wrote lol.=D

Last edited:
WOW!!! I have to let you guys know how grateful I am for your thorough and prompt replies! I am literally in tears and so thankful. Thnk u. Thnk u. Thnk u! There is a methadone Clinic in town* BUT* As ironic as it may be- I. Have interviewed there a few yrs back and they wanted to hire me on n I chose to stay with the Dr office I was with at the time/ they JUST asked me to interview AGAIN last week cuz my resume is back out. So that's why I'm trying to stay away lol.. PLUS I'm not trying to get hooked on methadone. I heard from many people it's harder to get off than H itself! I'm just not wanting to go from 1 addiction to another of i can help it .you know?

***one more quick question***
WHAT WILL SUBOXONE SHOW UP AS IN MY SYSTEM OUT OF CURIOSITY?

The strips and tables of Buprenorphine are identical in terms of active ingredients. The strips were just considered to be a more efficent means of administering the medication, especially considering the primary ROA is sublingual. They're interchangeable.

My advice regarding Buprenorphine is this, but it's just my opinion:

Buprenorphine is often prescribed at drastically high dosages, just like Methadone. The truth is that most people don't require 24mg Buprenorphine per day to manage their symptoms. For a lot of these same people, 2mg would probably be pretty effective and anything above 8mg is overkill. I've been a Heroin addict for 10 years and I've done a few detoxifications in my time. 2mg was almost always enough to control my symptoms and I could reasonably use one 8mg Buprenorphine tablet per withdrawal and maybe another for the two weeks following to deal with lingering symptoms.

My main point is that if you have Buprenorphine at a limited supply, use it conservatively. Luckily, SL is a pretty quick-acting ROA, so if you decide you're not where you want to be, you can always escalate.

Lastly, we don't cover anything related to drug testing currently. All of the information you're after can be easily located though.

No problem! I'd hate to leave someone hanging like that. Suboxone will show up as an opiate. It is an opiate, the reason it's effective for quitting is the agonist naloxone that will make you sick as hell if you use with it. Iloveronod is right, bupe is the same thing with only a partial agonist and right again, stick with 2mg. Bupe was given to me by my doc to see if it would help pain, BUT only shot my tolerance up astronomically. Be very careful or you'll end up detoxing from that as well. Stick to the taper schedule and stop. Hope it's going well!

I learned that less is.more with bupe. I used to foolishly take 16-24mg of my prescribed dose of suboxone, only to be left with a headache , irritability, anxiety, and feeling just plain jittery like I was on an SNRI.
Nowadays, i will snort anywhere from 0.5mg-2mg tops of bupe, and to my surprise, i get high everytime, which I find more enjoyable then MOST any other opiates. They say at low doses it acts as a full agonist, I believe this now. When I was younger and.more nieve, i would laugh at this concept. Doing this has given me an unlimited supply as I get 3 subs a day (8mg), since i only use 4mg a day tops, my supply keeps stockpiling. Very unique drug indeed.

No problem! I'd hate to leave someone hanging like that. Suboxone will show up as an opiate. It is an opiate, the reason it's effective for quitting is the agonist naloxone that will make you sick as hell if you use with it. Iloveronod is right, bupe is the same thing with only a partial agonist and right again, stick with 2mg. Bupe was given to me by my doc to see if it would help pain, BUT only shot my tolerance up astronomically. Be very careful or you'll end up detoxing from that as well. Stick to the taper schedule and stop. Hope it's going well!

Well, we're not "leaving him hanging" due to neglect. It's just against the rules, so please get acquainted with them. We're usually pretty loose about it, but I just told you that drug testing questions are not allowed and you immediately turned around and posted drug testing material. I hope this isn't foreshadowing. Also, Buprenorphine is not an Opiate, it is an Opioid and to call it an agonist is misleading. It's a partial agonist, which is actually one of it's defining characteristics.

I don't know where you get your information from, but the Naloxone in Suboxone brand medication is essentially useless and on the verge of being outright proven as an asinine means of "evergreening" (renewing patents) their product. Buprenorphine itself is responsible for the blocking action. Isn't it strange how literally every other place in the world uses Naloxone-free Buprenorphine products without consequence, yet somehow, Americans need it?

Last thing: Naloxone is an antagonist of the Opioid receptors, not an agonist. That's a lot of misinformation in a rather short post. We're not angry with you or anything, but please do a little bit of research before posting information that could actually have a serious impact on people's lives. You can get all of the answers you need through Google in a matter of seconds, so there's really no place for this sort of thing.

...For what it's worth, your information regarding Buprenorphine's status on a drug test is also wrong.

I apologize, I was replying to two cf their consecutive posts at once with "leave you hanging." I just wanted to give them some support during a rough time. I was in a bit of a hurry earlier too and had some typos. I promise that wasn't foreshadowing or blatant disregard for the rules. I haven't read them for awhile and need to reread them. I will definitely do that before replying to something again. I was going on my own experience, looks like i wasn't 100% correct. Sorry again, I meant no harm. I'll slink off and bone up on those rules and some chemistry.

Yeah.. Nikki8o5.. You should try and find a buprenorphine clinic/doctor in your area.. Much easier to go to a sub doctor, tell them what is wrong, in your case.. that you have a heroin addiction, and want to get off of it.. and if the doctor is understanding, and has a good reputation(you can look this up on google, to see their ratings from other patients, and usually its pretty solid information, regarding the review of the doctor.. using 1-5 star, or A-F, graded reviews), and I would highly recommend doing so, rather that jumping on 'done. Especially, if your about to apply for a job at a methadone clinic, which more than likely will drug test you before hiring you...

Methadone(from what I have heard/read), and buprenorphine, are both hard to get off of, if you go the maintenance route, aka stay on them for as long as you feel you need them.. which is what I have been doing for years now with first, suboxone... and currently subutex. Bupe is a great drug, but doesn't come without any side-effects, the withdrawls are bad! I wont lie.. way worse than dope. Only because, subs, have such a long duration of action and half-life, and believe it or not, buprenorphine is a very powerful opioid, it is just a partial agonist though, so it doesn't effect people like it would, if it had full agonist opioid properties.. So those two things, make the withdrawls, a living hell, when you stay on bupe, for long enough periods of time.. From what I have heard, methadone is the worst one of all full or partial agonist opioids, any of them, to withdraw from! I have friends who took the 'done route, and were practically suicidal from the mental parts of it and sick as shit from the physical aspect, once the WDs kicked in.. I look at methadone, as a last resort for those who cannot get off of dope/opioids with bupe or just by stopping cold turkey, and just keep going back to dope, because subs just aren't for them.. But IME bupe works just fine to get off that shit, and I hope the best for you, and hope you can find a nice sub doctor, to help you get off.. It really is the better option, compared to doing dope.